My Frugal year

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Firstly I’m so sorry for your loss my love ❤ sending lots of love and light ❤

Content warning - CSA/n*nces

Keeping children off social media isn’t so much about recognition IRL (although that’s obviously a part of it) - it’s about not providing sex offenders with material. A study found 50% of images on a n*nce forum were taken off of parent’s social media. Nothing comes above and beyond your child’s privacy. Share a photo of the cot (without them in it!), or their blanket, or an empty car seat, anything can be used to celebrate your child without giving sex offenders material.
Exactly this! But then when the above does happen the insta knobs blame it on the "trolls" 🙄🙃

Her holiday posts this evening have given me the rage. Well yeah I can afford a holiday this year… but I’m not planning all inclusive in the summer holidays 🤷🏻‍♀️. She acts so hard done by because she can’t afford exactly what she wants, when she wants it.

Reactions: 6
Her holiday posts this evening have given me the rage. Well yeah I can afford a holiday this year… but I’m not planning all inclusive in the summer holidays 🤷🏻‍♀️. She acts so hard done by because she can’t afford exactly what she wants, when she wants it.
She wants to get an AI holiday in Europe in AUGUST with a month’s notice and expects it to be affordable 🤣🤣🤣

The credit card comment is bad vibes and judgy af even if she claims it’s not.

Not everyone earns the same. Not everyone has the same outgoings. I HATE pocket watching it’s such a bitter underachieving middle class pursuit.

Reactions: 8
It also reveals that she exists in a bubble- yes, many people are going on holiday in peak summer times, but how does she know that they’ve not saved for it or booked it months and months ago? That credit card comment felt off to me.

In addition, many families are struggling to even feed themselves, and she’s complaining that she can’t have an all inclusive holiday?

My husband and I earn good salaries, we’re very lucky - hoped to go abroad on holiday in the summer holidays, but the house needed a new roof instead 🤣 People prioritise what’s important to them.

I would have loved to be able to afford a holiday when I was on maternity leave, but again, if it was that important to me, I would have prioritised it.

TLDR; Everyone’s circumstances are different- if you want a holiday at a peak time, plan and save up for it.

Most people I know just pull their kids out of school and risk the fine, which is peanuts compared to the cost of going in school holiday time. Not saying that's right or wrong but with her large following now she wouldn't be able to get away with that.

People may have been saving up for a couple of years for their holiday, honestly what does she know... Also sorry but taking a newborn on a flight to an all inclusive holiday in boiling heat would probably not be the best idea anyway. Surely it would make sense to wait til next summer. It's the entitlement for me!!!

I also put holidays on a cc because it offers protection and you can pay back monthly if you have a 0% card. Guess that means I deserve a snide comment x

Reactions: 7
She'll be hoping for a #kindlygifted holiday.

We're going on our first abroad holiday in 5 years. Saved and saved and saved. She's so bleeping judgemental. Used to love her page but now she's just another influencer.

Reactions: 9
Most people I know just pull their kids out of school and risk the fine, which is peanuts compared to the cost of going in school holiday time. Not saying that's right or wrong but with her large following now she wouldn't be able to get away with that.

People may have been saving up for a couple of years for their holiday, honestly what does she know... Also sorry but taking a newborn on a flight to an all inclusive holiday in boiling heat would probably not be the best idea anyway. Surely it would make sense to wait til next summer. It's the entitlement for me!!!

I also put holidays on a cc because it offers protection and you can pay back monthly if you have a 0% card. Guess that means I deserve a snide comment x
100% is snide. The implication is “if I [a success] can’t afford it how can you [a schmuck]”?

• Heart
She's a twit. I've thought this for ages, glad others have seen the light!

The credit card comments.. hahaha.. she racked up £25k credit card debt by being careless and trying to have an insta worthy lifestyle (her words). On a decent income as well I seem to recall. bleeping hypocrite.

She has a short memory doesn't she?? 🙄

I’ve just unfollowed her. Her posts always seem to woe is me and hateful now. She cannot stand for people to have a different view point from her. She started her holiday rant by saying ‘she doesn’t judge unless…’ What right does she have to judge how people use credit cards, her whole account and comfortable lifestyle are based on her CC debt

Reactions: 8
The first thing she mentions about her new baby is the cold cups of tea? Ok…

And “I know I can catch up financially later on” - the rest of us should be so lucky.

Then straight into a lucrative ad.
Why not just post ‘I’d love to be on leave but getting paid thousands and thousands of pounds for doing a tiny amount of easy work was too tempting to ignore’ and leave it there. Greed is really getting the better of her.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
This subject again - but stunned she’s still running with this. We’re 100% upwardly mobile first gen to make (all of our own!) money and don’t have credit card debt* but am privileged enough to be in a position (for now/god willing) where we can afford these things for a number of reasons. Not everyone earns the same or has the same set of bills, someone without any kids could turn around to her and tweet “they don’t have 3 kids!”

IMG_7272.jpeg

*not that CC debt should be vilified - planned and low cost debt can be a great financial tool. How tf is she a financial coach with these fuddy duddy ignorant views? And this reminds me I do have CC debt as I’m using my cards for little bits that get repaid in full just to keep them open as large unutilised limits are v good for your credit score.

Reactions: 4
She sounds like the equally as infuriating posters on Mumsnet who insist that people who have expensive cars etc can only do so because they’re in lots of debt.
---
And all this being ‘baffled’ at other people having more money than them is, well, baffling. People tend to have more money than other people because they earn more.

Reactions: 2
She’s the one making the assumptions though? 🤨

“Whatever the reason for the affordability chasms making themselves known between friends, colleagues and family members this summer, please know that making assumptions about what others can afford, and *how* others afford what they do is one of the most harmful things you can do when it comes to money.”

Attachments

She’s the one making the assumptions though? 🤨

“Whatever the reason for the affordability chasms making themselves known between friends, colleagues and family members this summer, please know that making assumptions about what others can afford, and *how* others afford what they do is one of the most harmful things you can do when it comes to money.”
Apologies I hadn’t seen this! At least she sounds less bitter/nuts in long form, but is this the sort of content a professional financial coach should share? Surely it’s more about optimising your own circumstances than judging others. It’s just really bad vibes.

Reactions: 2
Apologies I hadn’t seen this! At least she sounds less bitter/nuts in long form, but is this the sort of content a professional financial coach should share? Surely it’s more about optimising your own circumstances than judging others. It’s just really bad vibes.
It read like she wanted to turn her tweet into an instagram post to make the most of it but realised she needed to add so many caveats that she has ended up saying different people are in different financial situations for various reasons, many of which will not be apparent by looking at someone or by making small talk at the school gate. No tit Sherlock.

It seems she learnt enough to write a book to preach to others but didn’t actually do the work to unpick her issues and now she has this lucrative soapbox and can’t square it all away. Be careful what you wish for.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can’t believe I ever found her useful or engaging. She’s just rude with a chip on her shoulder. Has she forgotten she was wealthy due to inheritance at one time?

It’s sad how “influencers” change, they seem so engaging and interesting and then they become utter bellends. I’d completely forgotten about MFY as I unfollowed around about the time she released her book. Before that I quite liked her.

Reactions: 3