My Frugal year

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s not as much cash sloshing around but influencers are used to a certain level of income so the bar is going lower and lower.
This is 👩🏻‍🍳🤌 and exactly it! The game is up for most of them, one travel blogger was complaining about influencers taking unpaid trips… because this game is and will always just be a lifestyle job for the intergenerational wealth girlies or for those who’ve married well. Smart normal women have made hay whilst the sun was shining but anyone with a bit of dignity will be looking for their way out now as the only way is down, one influencer who claimed to not get out of bed for less than £500 a day (total tit her companies house filings were… sparse lol) has since flogged frozen fish on her Insta grid 😳 unless you want to do a Lisa Rinna and star in ads for incontinence pants then the time to exit is v much now.

Even the platforms these influencers are flogging on are dying, the economy is fucked, and people are rejecting excess in favour of deinfluencing and anti overconsumption content. The funny thing is if Clare leant into all that she’d grow an audience and remain well liked, just one she can’t monetise so clearly not interested.

5 odd slides flogging hello fresh though - duck me!

Reactions: 9
I’d noticed those Fat Face ads popping up on various fashion hun grids. Absolute joke - it just screams Sell Out

Reactions: 3
No way! Didn't she campaign against Buy Now Pay Later? That's an eye-opener.
She hasn't exactly campaigned against Klarna (Go Fund Yourself definitely has and has really high quality content on insta if you're looking for other accounts to follow) but when you search Clare Seal Klarna the first few posts are negative tweets about the company including her replying to a non financial influencer apologising for ever working with Klarna two years before the article in The Sun.

Massive props to Oghosa for taking a stand and promising not to promote them again, it's really disappointing that someone like Clare would take their money!

Reactions: 4
This is 👩🏻‍🍳🤌 and exactly it! The game is up for most of them, one travel blogger was complaining about influencers taking unpaid trips… because this game is and will always just be a lifestyle job for the intergenerational wealth girlies or for those who’ve married well. Smart normal women have made hay whilst the sun was shining but anyone with a bit of dignity will be looking for their way out now as the only way is down, one influencer who claimed to not get out of bed for less than £500 a day (total tit her companies house filings were… sparse lol) has since flogged frozen fish on her Insta grid 😳 unless you want to do a Lisa Rinna and star in ads for incontinence pants then the time to exit is v much now.

Even the platforms these influencers are flogging on are dying, the economy is fucked, and people are rejecting excess in favour of deinfluencing and anti overconsumption content. The funny thing is if Clare leant into all that she’d grow an audience and remain well liked, just one she can’t monetise so clearly not interested.

5 odd slides flogging hello fresh though - duck me!

The hello fresh slop she could looked rank 🤢 can tell she's now used to eating out and takeaways and has the influencer "gosh I'm such a terrible cook" air about her

• Haha
If she was long term smart she would take some sort of part time paye work in a job with a financial services element. That way she would have genuine skin in the game and be able to build content off the back of that. And take influencer projects to supplement income. Lower income overall but stable, relevant, better mental health, long term prospects etc.

In the new era of influencing people want to hear from regular people. Eg Ann Russell, an actual cleaner who knows her tit because she had cleaned thousands of properties for income as opposed to Hinch.

The greedy ones see how much they can take in when influencing full time and give up the thing that attracted people to them in the first place like the wears my money woman quitting her music industry position.

It’s also v odd Clare would panic so much about the start of the year being such a lull for paid campaigns?? It’s a notoriously dead time for all influencers, I’m not sure how you could not know and plan for this even if your subject speciality wasn’t…. budgeting and finances?! Something really not adding up.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
your subject speciality wasn’t…. budgeting and finances?! Something really not adding up.
This is the problem I guess, is someone’s financial experiences/tips really scaleable content in the same was cleaning is, especially when we all have such different circumstances/relative privileges. Also is it “right” for anyone without FCA regulation to be dishing out advice? Especially on such a personal platform / through the guise of the para social relationship that influencing is. The same criticism could be levied at Martin Lewis in fairness.

I am just absolutely stunned she’s turned full flogger. No wonder she doesn’t mind Alexandra she’s probs in the DMs picking up tit bottom of the barrel campaigns off her!

Reactions: 5
I followed MFY from the start and really rated her. As soon as she got the book deal she became less relatable to me… like, we could all get out of debt if we got a massive book deal to pay it off? I stopped following at that point as she just wasn’t relevant to me anymore.
I started following again about 6 months ago after she popped up on my Instagram and was shocked at what the account had become TBH. All of a sudden she seemed to be someone with a pretty luxury lifestyle, panicking that she might have to cut her cloth a bit. And her inability to take any form of criticism infuriates me.

Reactions: 9
I followed MFY from the start and really rated her. As soon as she got the book deal she became less relatable to me… like, we could all get out of debt if we got a massive book deal to pay it off? I stopped following at that point as she just wasn’t relevant to me anymore.
I started following again about 6 months ago after she popped up on my Instagram and was shocked at what the account had become TBH. All of a sudden she seemed to be someone with a pretty luxury lifestyle, panicking that she might have to cut her cloth a bit. And her inability to take any form of criticism infuriates me.

Literally everything you've just said! 👏👏👏

Especially about the book deal/no criticism. She's such a woke snowflake it's unreal

Reactions: 1
I really like her when her account was anonymous as well - as I said on the Frugality thread, I stopped following her when she got defensive about promoting a financial product with a fee (and a cut for her if people signed up) when there are perfectly good alternatives available with no fee.

Doesn't sound like she has changed since then - I'm shocked about her shilling Klarna now - that is pretty low.
---
And I've just seen the Hello Fresh ad juxtaposed with a story about lifestyle creep - has she no self awareness? She is such a sell out - Hello Fresh is such an expensive way to eat however much you dress it up as convenience.

She keeps posting about how the way she’s living now is DEFINITELY NOT lifestyle creep. Plus ways to justify lifestyle creep. Something has hit a nerve 🤣

• Haha
Spending insane amounts of money on fancy new stuff for her THIRD baby and then moaning they haven’t saved enough for a maternity leave. She gets a huge eye roll from me 🙄

That’s what happens when people choose to live of instagram instead of getting a job.

I can't believe it has taken her this long to get a thread! She is so precious! And yes, can't take any form of criticism. Her advertising of financial stuff is awful. You never have a clue what the product is. She may feel advertising financial products is "on brand" for her, but I think it is the opposite. She seems quite fragile ... so yet another person who will have a 3rd baby then spend all their time moaning about it.
I will say though that she has made me feel more compassionate and understanding towards people who are "bad" with money.
Oh and it drives me mad how she posts photos of herself from a daft angle. And stop using the ADHD for content!

What I just cannot understand with her is she goes on about financial insecurity and how much it affects her being self employed... why not just... go and get a paye job.. so you know exactly what you have coming in..mm I suspect it's cos she isn't struggling financially.. they managed to claw their way out of debt and get a mortgage pretty quickly.. I think she just has to keep up the pretence of being worried about money cos she doesn't have any other angle..

I can't believe it has taken her this long to get a thread! She is so precious! And yes, can't take any form of criticism. Her advertising of financial stuff is awful. You never have a clue what the product is. She may feel advertising financial products is "on brand" for her, but I think it is the opposite. She seems quite fragile ... so yet another person who will have a 3rd baby then spend all their time moaning about it.
I will say though that she has made me feel more compassionate and understanding towards people who are "bad" with money.
Oh and it drives me mad how she posts photos of herself from a daft angle. And stop using the ADHD for content!
It's funny because I debated asking about a thread for her ages ago but everyone seemed to like her! I was worried it was just me that thought she was a pompous snowflake 🤣

Yes the photos, with one eyebrow always raised, a smug smile and when she does a talking story the hair playing and posh voice 🙄 and the "because of my ADHD" yeah we get it you self diagnosed yourself as per the millennial insta mum trend, so pushed the GP for an "official" diagnosis so you can blame everything on it. Shut up 🤣

Not disregarding those with genuine ADHD btw just noticed a trend amongst insta twats to self diagnose themselves as ADHD/autistic/PTSD just because they were told "no" by their parents about having a happy meal on September 22nd 1998 🙄 then they wang on about how this caused them "generational trauma" and suddenly they're all bleeping qualified counselors. And I say this as a millennial, it drives me bleeping nuts 🙈

• Haha
Her stories/posts are on a loop -

- "I'm not very present on here" (because pregnancy/ADHD)
- "I'll be doing some budget ideas soon" (woe is me for losing income 🙄)
- "Instagram algorithms" blah blah blah (boo hoo I don't want to lose followers)
- "Did you know I'm pregnant" (moans about having little money for planned 3rd child despite being loaded from book deals)
- "Did you know I have ADHD" 😴😴😴

And repeat 🤣

Reactions: 2
Did anyone see the story she posted basically saying that sharing pictures of children without consent on social media is a huge issue but then saying it's ok to post pics of her newborn as her face will change?! Um what?! It's deleted or expired now but pls just admit you want to use baby pics for engagement 🤡

I've finally had to unfollow as tbh I haven't found her advice useful in ages. She seems more like a life style blogger now. But my due date was in two weeks time so it's a huge trigger for me. I hate whatabourism but I can't help myself her baby grid photo is so whiny when she's so fortunate right now.

• Heart
Did anyone see the story she posted basically saying that sharing pictures of children without consent on social media is a huge issue but then saying it's ok to post pics of her newborn as her face will change?! Um what?! It's deleted or expired now but pls just admit you want to use baby pics for engagement 🤡

I've finally had to unfollow as tbh I haven't found her advice useful in ages. She seems more like a life style blogger now. But my due date was in two weeks time so it's a huge trigger for me. I hate whatabourism but I can't help myself her baby grid photo is so whiny when she's so fortunate right now.

YES - basically the baby is for content hence why she'll sell her privacy for ads etc. What's the point in then going on to cover her face when she's older when she's not content worthy anymore? Either show her or don't. She's proper insta twit now 🙄

Firstly I’m so sorry for your loss my love ❤ sending lots of love and light ❤

Content warning - CSA/n*nces

Keeping children off social media isn’t so much about recognition IRL (although that’s obviously a part of it) - it’s about not providing sex offenders with material. A study found 50% of images on a n*nce forum were taken off of parent’s social media. Nothing comes above and beyond your child’s privacy. Share a photo of the cot (without them in it!), or their blanket, or an empty car seat, anything can be used to celebrate your child without giving sex offenders material.

• Heart