Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NP

VIP Member
You should have seen the replies when I mentioned my 7 year old had asked for jam sandwiches for packed lunch and I made them (her pal had them the day before, mother a teacher). I think if they knew my address I’d have had social services at my door. It happened twice in seven years and my daughter has so far not suffered.
I was accused of child abuse for saying I let my then 8 year old watch the later Harry Potter movies 🤷‍♀️ apparently he would be scarred for life... he’s almost 10 now and so far hasn’t tried to kill anyone with magic.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
Me. I was quite prolific on the Influencer threads and was really pissed off at how much they were moderated and how untouchable the influencers (who were basically just trying to sell us stuff) seemed to be.
I hated the ‘be nice at all times’ approach because it dampens any kind of criticism. And those posters who come on to say ‘how shocked’ they are about anyone who dares to air a view that isn’t 100% positive 🙄 They’d need the smelling salts if they ever came on Tattle (which is partly why I prefer this website to MN).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Its very London centric, Apparently one time a poster who lived in rural Yorkshire was struggling to get into work and someone asked her why she didn’t just use the tube. I don’t think it’s goes that far North does it?🙄

• Haha
  • Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
Totally agree, I can’t understand how they are so skint so quickly. My local food bank means more to me.
I think that like Jack Monroe they're very well off but are accustomed to making a shit load of money and are horrified at earning less so pleading poverty to milk people.

I just read the thread by the owner, they are promising things like editing posts and hiding other members posts for £4.99 a month - all the kind of things that tattle and other forums already let you do.

The owner says they have a staff cost of £350k a month. Mind blown! What do all these people do to run such a poor forum that has the features forums did 20 years ago?

• Wow
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
That site makes so much money for essentially a message board, a very poorly made featureless message board that's always getting hacked. They manage to do deals with a plethora of companies like Lidl and Kraft to sell data and advertise for £100'000+ each.

• Wow

Pomgirl

I posted once that my boyfriend left hairs in the sink and I was told by multiple posters he must be abusive and most definitely, does not love me and I should be packing my bags immedietely :LOL:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Mumsnet isn't a supportive site for parents at all, despite their claims. People who have the audacity to rent, earn minimum wage, not go to university, have a child in their teens - all are castigated by the mafiosi on there. There's nearly always a twatty thread about class too, as if anyone these days gives a toss. But the Waitrose shopping, Boden wearing, bean to cup coffee drinkers do like to exert their pathetic superiority over those of us, who, in their eyes, are working class. The ridiculous bragging about income, size of property, amount of savings - it's laughable. I sometimes wonder if certain posters ever interact in real life with other human beings. :D

Reactions: 19
It was just so full of double standards. The royal family, celebs and any other woman and her dog was fair game for criticism, but any talk of influencers was 'not in the spirit' :rolleyes:

Reactions: 18
You’ll get people who joined in 2010, asked a question about what jarred baby food is best then been attacked for not knitting their own lentil stew, so not gone back. Those people will still be counted as members.

• Haha

thatstupidcat

They seem to wax and wane over there when it comes to the threads - I’m very much convinced that on top of journalists generating content, Justine has staff and interns inventing threads to try and maintain engagement. Some of the writing styles are so blatant and certain topics cycle round with one or two details amended. The most obvious one off the top of my head being the Channel 5 style “how do i git a council house in zone 1 london, fanks”

I still remember when a junior journalist under the handle debbiedoesdallas (sp?) copied and pasted her editor’s instructions without checking - something along the lines of “see what those women at Mumsnet say and publish it” but far less civil, to one of those “tell me about your experience with...” threads.

And I hate to be THAT bitch, but they need to knock off the Daily Mail style videos of that big lassie taking over my screen when I scroll down on my phone. She looks just like every snide young and inexperienced early years teacher I have ever encountered in my life.

• Haha
  • Wow

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I couldn't get over a thread a couple of weeks ago when users branded Yankee candles as 'cheap'. I only use neom was one posters response. £40 a pop for a candle. You're literally burning money. What the fucking fuck? I can't even afford Yankee candles, I buy the Aldi dupes for 3.99 and it's a big treat. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
There is a thread on MN at the moment about Tattle and someone in it said a user on here posted the blueprints to an Instagrammers house.
Possibly someone posted a floorplan from rightmove, it's happened a couple of times.

Of course we'd zap it, but when these people spend all day sharing stories walking around their house it's hardly new information. The amount of misleading shit to discredit tattle is off the scale

NextLoisLane

Don't forget the "does this pregnancy test look positive to you?" threads!

If you can't figure out a pregnancy test youre too young to be having sex.

And ' Going to Aldi/Lidl for the *first time today, what should I buy?/how do I walk round the shop?/how do I use the checkout?' :rolleyes:

*Stealth boast I normally only use Waitrose/Fortnum&Mason

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
Suprise suprise Mumsnet was still claiming furlough in December. Pretty shocking for an online company especially. Online ad rates were on average higher in q3-q4 2021 than 2020. So really no excuse for how much of our money they've used to sub their poorly run site. It's not like they're keeping jobs running that can't operate because of forced shutdowns.

Screenshot_20210222-212131_Office.jpg

• Wow

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I got banned from Mumsnet for speculating about celebrity affairs :rolleyes:, they even sent me an email saying they'd let me back in if I apologised profusely and promised I'd never do it again. Fuck that, I would never lower myself to doing that. You can't even have a lighthearted gossip about celebs on there without a power hungry mod swinging the ban hammer. I remember a "rude celebrities you've met" thread got removed as well for not being in the spirit of the site. Literally the most un-fun, blandest forum ever.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
Its hilarious how they think Tattle is bad! 🤣 apparently we’re all a bunch of sad lonely housewives who bitch all day.

at least we bitch about people who put themselves in that position and we don’t attack posters for simple things.

they are a bunch of knobs on there and i enjoy reading their posts to see how crazy they are
I left Mumsnet last year and haven’t looked back for everything you’ve said here.

The last thing I posted about on there was how I wasn’t worried about my toddler’s development during lockdown despite only being with me and my husband, at his grandparents and nursery as he’d come on absolutely leaps and bounds and we’d be able to make up for everything he’d missed when the world was safer. I got jumped on by poster after poster about how I was a terrible mother for not taking my son out to the supermarket during lockdown! They berated me over and over again for not thinking long term about the important life skills he was missing out on by not visiting a shop for a year. About a dozen posters literally told me my son wouldn’t understand what a shop was, how to use money, how to speak to people he didn’t know, how to be respectful to strangers ….he’s 2! I felt so attacked that I deleted the app and banned the site on my phone so that I didn’t have to see any more of the attacks coming in.

And I can safely say my son is one of the most advanced 2 years old I’ve met, his language is well above where it should be, he’s sociable, friendly, kind and respectful - even without a supermarket trip for a year…so up yours to everyone on Mumsnet

Since coming to Tattle I’ve felt supported and surrounded by people who understand everyone is different, everyone is allowed a different opinion and that it’s to be respected. It’s a much much nicer and friendlier site than Mumsnet!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
“Leave the bastard” or LTB seems to
Be the standard response from everything from a husband sleeping with a posters mother’s, neighbours friend to eating the last custard cream 😂

• Haha

Belulah

VIP Member
When I was at my booking in appointment the midwife warned me never to look at MN. It’s all bullshit. I did enjoy snapped and farted though.

• Haha
  • Heart

BethanyGilbert

VIP Member
I have just had the most MN thing happen. I mentioned on a thread my holiday had been cancelled and someone replied with...
"Come back to me when you've gone 30 years without a holiday abroad and you have to save for 2 years just for a holiday in Cornwall"
I haven't been on holiday in 5 years but even if I had last summer why shouldn't I be upset I should be going to Disney this weekend rather than for a walk.

• Haha
  • Heart

String Man

VIP Member
AIBU is the worst place to post, you need to be very tough skinned (or insane) to post a thread on there. Chat is a lot more gentle, but a bit boring.

I used to post on Mumsnet quite a lot but deleted my account earlier this year. I was very close to being banned anyway :rolleyes:

The only thing I can thank MN for is leading me to Tattle via a Gabriella Lindley thread.