Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So tempted now to go and start a thread and a) see what responses I get
b) see if it gets mentioned on here 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 5
Mumsnet is hardly an amorphous mass. Do you identify with all Tattlers and believe you all have exactly the same beliefs and tastes? I've been on Mumsnet for years and like it. It all depends which threads you go on. The Harry & Meghan ones are pretty nasty on here so I avoid them.
No, but Tattle is generally a much friendlier place. People respect others opinions without a pile on. There’s also no obvious hierarchy of posters here, everyone is equal.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Mumsnet is hardly an amorphous mass. Do you identify with all Tattlers and believe you all have exactly the same beliefs and tastes? I've been on Mumsnet for years and like it. It all depends which threads you go on. The Harry & Meghan ones are pretty nasty on here so I avoid them.
This sounds very mumsnet
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 14
It does depend on which threads you visit, yes, but I wouldn’t start a thread anywhere on mumsnet, especially if feeling vulnerable. For fear of being jumped on and the thread descending into a bun fight, yet I wouldn’t hesitate to start one on here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
69450671-45AA-49FD-AEF4-0964301F970D.jpg


I was on this post and went to screenshot it but it got deleted. OP misses Bluntness100, everyone else says no they don’t miss her😂😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
There's a batshit thread in relationships at the moment..
Ops husband has told her he's on a golfing holiday to Portugal and when she has tracked him on find my iPhone its showing he is in Spain.
Everyone has immediately jumped to he's cheating, change the locks, ltb, hire a private investigator, demand the hands over his phone when he gets home.
God forbid she actually speaks to her husband and asks him.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
There's a batshit thread in relationships at the moment..
Ops husband has told her he's on a golfing holiday to Portugal and when she has tracked him on find my iPhone its showing he is in Spain.
Everyone has immediately jumped to he's cheating, change the locks, ltb, hire a private investigator, demand the hands over his phone when he gets home.
God forbid she actually speaks to her husband and asks him.
The private investigator reply though 😂 they seemed to knowledgable about the amount of English speaking PI's based there 😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20220327-092825_Chrome.jpg

JUST like hiring a private investigator is a normal everyday thing to do. Imagine the ramifications if you found out your partner sent a PI to spy on you while you were on holiday. Not to mention the cost!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
It’s Mother’s Day so no doubt we’ll get multiple threads whinging about it. My mum has always been happy with a card and a bottle of wine or box of chocolates, but that lot expect the red carpet treatment year in year out. Even in 2020 during deepest lockdown they expected their six month old babies to buy them gifts and cook them a meal🙄
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 18
Thera’s a Mother’s Day woe is me thread at the moment where the woman is complaining that no restaurant has been booked and nothing planned.

the OP isTEN DAYS OVERDUE and they have a toddler. It’s no time to be dicking about in Toby Cavery.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 26
Quite a few of the Costa de Luz holiday packages fly into Faro. Sometimes it's cheaper, especially when your airline is low-cost. I have seen travel of up to 150 miles to the resort from Faro.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
0384E50B-F8FB-4473-B849-99AE78AEBC74.png
Like clockwork here it is! This woman’s husband has actually bought her a present but it isn’t good enough. Some of the replies are off the scale, nothing is good enough. They are so toxic and needy it’s embarrassing.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Mothers day is my favourite day on mumsnet...the whining, the witching, nothing is ever good enough!
I'm so so glad none of them are my mum
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Mothers day is my favourite day on mumsnet...the whining, the witching, nothing is ever good enough!
I'm so so glad none of them are my mum
On the thread I posted there was one woman who was complaining that her husband had been to the supermarket and bought her cards, champagne, chocolates and flowers, but that wasn’t good enough because her teenage kids hadn’t done it themselves. Another has since posted a thread moaning that her twelve year old didn’t make her a home made card! I mean ffs they do realise it’s a religious festival that has been high jacked by Hallmark and other card companies and they are just buying into that?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I was talking to my brother about it and he said he thinks (in his opinion) that most of them on there only want expensive presents on there so they can brag about it.

I'm glad my mum isn't like any of them on Mumsnet. I think her favourite thing today was the card from the dogs as it had a funny message on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.