Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone read the thread entitled ‘was this a dodgy massage?!’

Might be a bit late to the party as it’s from Jan 22 but came across it just now searching something else. Crying with laughter 😂😂 the comments are just 👌
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Aw man I’d love to have read that. It’s the sort of thing my SIL would post about me.
Me too 😅😅 it went from, I saw my SIL out shopping when she should have been having radiotherapy, to the OP has been identified in real life.. I wish I knew what happened in the ensuing messages before it went! Would have grabbed my popcorn 😆
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I need to stop going on mumsnet and reading the Ukraine threads, theyre so anxiety inducing! 😞
There are some posters with a LOT of time on their hands and seem to enjoy putting the fear of god into others. They also take a lot of unverified Twitter chatter and think they’ve found out things before even the highest ranking intelligence. They’re all riling each other up on there at the moment so its quite entertaining!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I had to hide the Preppers sub forum (way before Covid!) because the nutters hoarding supplies for the apocalypse were so disturbing. I’d rather be killed than attempt to survive the total collapse of society.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
There are some posters with a LOT of time on their hands and seem to enjoy putting the fear of god into others. They also take a lot of unverified Twitter chatter and think they’ve found out things before even the highest ranking intelligence. They’re all riling each other up on there at the moment so its quite entertaining!!
I can't read it properly because that kind of thing sends me into a massive anxiety spiral even when I KNOW they're talking rubbish, but I was hugely entertained by all the 'covid is going to mutate into a super deadly variant and wipe out all humanity, as proven beyond doubt by this sciencey science data graph from Twitter' threads. I could safely laugh at those because my background is in biochemistry so I could see how ridiculous they were, and I imagine if you know enough about international politics then the more batshit posts about the war are similar.

I did skim the last few pages of the thread very lightly, and at least one person has pointed out that a) some posters spend so much time writing political commentary on Mumsnet it's basically their full time job, and b) it's like the threads exist in a parallel universe where we're always on the brink of imminent full scale nuclear war, even though absolutely no reputable news sources seem to agree. So there are at least a few sane people on there.

Maybe I'll save all the threads, and assuming the world's still standing in a few years' time I'll finally get to read back over them and laugh with the rest of you :ROFLMAO:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I had to hide the Preppers sub forum (way before Covid!) because the nutters hoarding supplies for the apocalypse were so disturbing. I’d rather be killed than attempt to survive the total collapse of society.
The thing is you want to die in the event of an apocalypse because if you survive all you’ll have to keep you company are the nutters from those threads!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The thing is you want to die in the event of an apocalypse because if you survive all you’ll have to keep you company are the nutters from those threads!
And they made it quite clear that all of their tinned food and water purification tablets were theirs and theirs only, and if a neighbour came to them for help and supplies they’d say no 😳
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
There was a post the other day from a guy in his 30s who couldn’t get a girlfriend. They were all falling over themselves telling him they were sure he was a lovely guy and the right woman would come along. His post screamed incel vibes.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone read the thread entitled ‘was this a dodgy massage?!’

Might be a bit late to the party as it’s from Jan 22 but came across it just now searching something else. Crying with laughter 😂😂 the comments are just 👌
I thought that thread was veering into troll territory!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
This weekend's Dr Mumsnet diagnosis is that an overweight bloke who stops breathing at night and is so tired he falls asleep in the car and whenever his wife is complaining about him being tired is a lazy bleep who needs to be divorced.

Despite the fact that he's a textbook candidate for an obstructive sleep apnoea diagnosis.

I mean, she could divorce him if it made her feel better that he can't possibly be as tired as her as Mumsnet have so astutely diagnosed - but she'd get more from his life insurance if she waits it out until he dies behind the wheel.

Or she could, you know, listen to him saying he thinks something is wrong and support him to go back to the GP and ask specifically about OSA. But I bet she listens to Dr Mumsnet instead.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Someone has complained to the BBC about an episode of Hancock’s half hour from 1958
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 24
Someone has complained to the BBC about an episode of Hancock’s half hour from 1958
To be fair most of the reply‘s are telling the OP how ridiculous they’re being. But someone could only start a thread like that on mumsnet!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Anyone read this thread? It quickly turned into a thread where MN'ers try to one up each other on how old their house is and how many people have likely died in it over the years

Screenshot 2022-03-23 8.57.09 AM.png
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I put up a post last night when I was upset (More fool me). I was in a rush and missed out a comma. Apparently this made my post incomprehensible and no one could possibly understand what I meant. Instead they all queued up to tell me that I needed a comma. If only they would allow people to edit eh?
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Anyone read this thread? It quickly turned into a thread where MN'ers try to one up each other on how old their house is and how many people have likely died in it over the years

View attachment 1144703
This always strikes me about American paranormal or whatever TV programmes - 'someone died here!'. Yeah, well, anything before WW2 and the NHS and it's quite likely here. The original part of my house is pre-1900 and my bedroom was made a bedroom after the 1970 extension; the bed is in the same place as the previous owner's bed but I must admit that I failed to ask whether her husband died in the house as it doesn't seem relevant.

I'd be wanting more to check the rest of the joists and the wiring. The fire death sounds sad but these things happen; even in a new build, things will have occurred on the ground it stands on over millenia.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
I had a visitor of a man from abroad who wanted to show his grown up kids where he’d grown up. He’d written and asked for a visit. I was happy to have them and really enjoyed his stories about growing up in my house. His daughter was embarrassed when he showed us where his auntie had died. I didn’t care, everybody has to die somewhere.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Someone has complained to the BBC about an episode of Hancock’s half hour from 1958
God damn it, I'm on a self-imposed ban from the site but I had to break it to see this for myself 🤣
I had a visitor of a man from abroad who wanted to show his grown up kids where he’d grown up. He’d written and asked for a visit. I was happy to have them and really enjoyed his stories about growing up in my house. His daughter was embarrassed when he showed us where his auntie had died. I didn’t care, everybody has to die somewhere.
That's lovely! My parents had the same, an older guy who used to live in their house came to look round and showed them where he'd hidden from WW2 bombs under the stairs. He didn't mention any deaths but he did say his 11 year old relative got shipped off to a children's home in Canada because he was 'naughty' 😯
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
OFFS just started reading a brilliant thread about a vegan pissed off with neighbour's meaty bbq and smoke 'n all, and it's been bloody pulled!
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.