Me tooAw man I’d love to have read that. It’s the sort of thing my SIL would post about me.
There are some posters with a LOT of time on their hands and seem to enjoy putting the fear of god into others. They also take a lot of unverified Twitter chatter and think they’ve found out things before even the highest ranking intelligence. They’re all riling each other up on there at the moment so its quite entertaining!!I need to stop going on mumsnet and reading the Ukraine threads, theyre so anxiety inducing!![]()
I can't read it properly because that kind of thing sends me into a massive anxiety spiral even when I KNOW they're talking rubbish, but I was hugely entertained by all the 'covid is going to mutate into a super deadly variant and wipe out all humanity, as proven beyond doubt by this sciencey science data graph from Twitter' threads. I could safely laugh at those because my background is in biochemistry so I could see how ridiculous they were, and I imagine if you know enough about international politics then the more batshit posts about the war are similar.There are some posters with a LOT of time on their hands and seem to enjoy putting the fear of god into others. They also take a lot of unverified Twitter chatter and think they’ve found out things before even the highest ranking intelligence. They’re all riling each other up on there at the moment so its quite entertaining!!
The thing is you want to die in the event of an apocalypse because if you survive all you’ll have to keep you company are the nutters from those threads!I had to hide the Preppers sub forum (way before Covid!) because the nutters hoarding supplies for the apocalypse were so disturbing. I’d rather be killed than attempt to survive the total collapse of society.
And they made it quite clear that all of their tinned food and water purification tablets were theirs and theirs only, and if a neighbour came to them for help and supplies they’d say noThe thing is you want to die in the event of an apocalypse because if you survive all you’ll have to keep you company are the nutters from those threads!
I thought that thread was veering into troll territory!Has anyone read the thread entitled ‘was this a dodgy massage?!’
Might be a bit late to the party as it’s from Jan 22 but came across it just now searching something else. Crying with laughterthe comments are just
![]()
To be fair most of the reply‘s are telling the OP how ridiculous they’re being. But someone could only start a thread like that on mumsnet!Someone has complained to the BBC about an episode of Hancock’s half hour from 1958
This always strikes me about American paranormal or whatever TV programmes - 'someone died here!'. Yeah, well, anything before WW2 and the NHS and it's quite likely here. The original part of my house is pre-1900 and my bedroom was made a bedroom after the 1970 extension; the bed is in the same place as the previous owner's bed but I must admit that I failed to ask whether her husband died in the house as it doesn't seem relevant.Anyone read this thread? It quickly turned into a thread where MN'ers try to one up each other on how old their house is and how many people have likely died in it over the years
View attachment 1144703
Another made up creative writing exercise by the looks of things.Anyone read this thread? It quickly turned into a thread where MN'ers try to one up each other on how old their house is and how many people have likely died in it over the years
View attachment 1144703
God damn it, I'm on a self-imposed ban from the site but I had to break it to see this for myselfSomeone has complained to the BBC about an episode of Hancock’s half hour from 1958
That's lovely! My parents had the same, an older guy who used to live in their house came to look round and showed them where he'd hidden from WW2 bombs under the stairs. He didn't mention any deaths but he did say his 11 year old relative got shipped off to a children's home in Canada because he was 'naughty'I had a visitor of a man from abroad who wanted to show his grown up kids where he’d grown up. He’d written and asked for a visit. I was happy to have them and really enjoyed his stories about growing up in my house. His daughter was embarrassed when he showed us where his auntie had died. I didn’t care, everybody has to die somewhere.