Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the eating threads is a bit like the money threads, people projecting their wishes.

Anytime someone says they have a lettuce for lunch i just imagine a reallyyyyy large person who probably eats everything in sight and they are just projecting their own wishes on how they would be eating.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
I think the eating threads is a bit like the money threads, people projecting their wishes.

Anytime someone says they have a lettuce for lunch i just imagine a reallyyyyy large person who probably eats everything in sight and they are just projecting their own wishes on how they would be eating.
I think some are lying through their teeth about only eating a single lettuce leaf every 2 weeks and feeling full.
But some of them are the nasty types we have all met who are miserable in their own body so have to tear everyone else down to make themselves feel better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
I think the eating threads is a bit like the money threads, people projecting their wishes.

Anytime someone says they have a lettuce for lunch i just imagine a reallyyyyy large person who probably eats everything in sight and they are just projecting their own wishes on how they would be eating.
Oh yes absolutely. I think a solid 90% of mumsnetters are fantasists which is why I just can't look away.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I can’t get over the whole “meal deal will last me for 2 lunches”. I’ve been known to go back into Tesco’s for my second meal deal of the day cause I’m still ravenous.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Seems their beta launch may have gone bits ...asked me to log on with the code they sent me...not been sent any code..this should be fun 😊
Is their IT just totally tit, haven’t they been hacked at least a couple of times before and had various security compromises?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Their IT seems rubbish. A bit embarrassing for them to launch this new platform and for it to go bits up. Not to mention one of their interns shared other people's data iirc.

 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
I can’t get over the whole “meal deal will last me for 2 lunches”. I’ve been known to go back into Tesco’s for my second meal deal of the day cause I’m still ravenous.
I've been thinking exactly this. I usually get extras as I’ll be hungry an hour later!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
a meal deal - and sandwich, bag of crisps and a drink???? for gods sake some of you must just be absolute pigs, I could feed my adult children on that for a week ;) ;) and have left overs.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 29
Anyone else finding the mumsnet site awfully glitchy? I can't access active conversations or aibu. This is probably a blessing in disguise!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Anyone else finding the mumsnet site awfully glitchy? I can't access active conversations or aibu. This is probably a blessing in disguise!
Its crap. I don’t think they’ve ever updated it or changed the layout have they? Tight buggers probably don’t want to pay.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
So many of them don’t seem to be able to take responsibility or reflect on their own behaviour. You see it on the relationships board. A marriage breaks down and it’s always the mans fault, when chances are both are at fault in some way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
It’s Doomsday on their Ukraine/Russia thread today.
Mumsnetters have taken Flightradar24 as their new “thing” and seem to be using it to predict the next steps in the war! Leading others to ask if they are about to die.. genuinely can’t make this stuff up. Why do they do it to themselves?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 14
I got distracted reading the “I think my SIL is pretending to have a serious illness” thread this morning and then I come back to see the familiar deletion message. This is why I find MN so annoying 🤦🏻‍♀️ Every juicy thread vanished in a puff of smoke!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 11
I got distracted reading the “I think my SIL is pretending to have a serious illness” thread this morning and then I come back to see the familiar deletion message. This is why I find MN so annoying 🤦🏻‍♀️ Every juicy thread vanished in a puff of smoke!
Aw man I’d love to have read that. It’s the sort of thing my SIL would post about me.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I got distracted reading the “I think my SIL is pretending to have a serious illness” thread this morning and then I come back to see the familiar deletion message. This is why I find MN so annoying 🤦🏻‍♀️ Every juicy thread vanished in a puff of smoke!
The Mumsnet clique will alert absolutely everything. I swear they must all have an RSI in their fingers from all the alerting they do en masse. I’m sure some of it is made up, but other stuff that seems quite legit vanishes.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.