Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are deluded. We live on an island. The only way of getting off this island is by sea or air. In WW2, the vast majority of people stayed. It was only really children who were evacuated.
I can just imagine some of the mumsnetters waving their kids off on a boat, ‘please make sure Tarquin goes to a family who provides hummus for lunch, not too many carrots though they contain sugar’
And most children were evacuated to the countryside here, though some were sent by boat to Canada etc.

It's such a ridiculous thread but the amount of people being serious is scary, do they really think that will happen, everyone can just grab their passports, trundle off to Heathrow and leave?!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Those who said they would choose heat made me laugh. They have obviously never gone hungry
Yes! I'm sure it was the person who started the thread that actually posted 'my husband said he would rather have the heating on because if the house gets damp/mould it will be really difficult to sell' 😶
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
They were hysterical at the start of the pandemic as well. There were so many threads saying ‘close the schools’ until the schools actually closed and they had to look after their own kids🙄
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I have just been to have a look and someone has the same username on there as mine on here - honest it is NOT me. They all have such strange names on there I thought I would be safe. :LOL:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Those who said they would choose heat made me laugh. They have obviously never gone hungry

Not sure about that - I've had times when I could usually get hold of food somehow nicking 'to be shared by staff' stuff out of the fridge at work and shoplifting pasta or being given food by people who felt sorry for me, but you can't get heat from somewhere else. Clothes can only do so much, especially when if you're short of money to the extent that you're debating whether to eat or be warm, you're less likely to have lots of technical cold weather gear - and thinking about those times, I was physically fine being hungry, but dying of hypothermia wasn't really on my list of things to achieve by New Year. A cold home is a dangerous home. I've also future proofed myself against lack of food ever since; it might not be coincidental that I quickly abandoned vegetarianism in favour of free foodism and managed to eat practically everything I'd ever disliked before on the grounds of it was food, so eat it and try not to think about how disgusting it tastes. So, as I've got more than a couple of months' leeway if I don't have money for food, I'd definitely be going for heating instead.
 
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
It’s a bit crass imagining it from the safety of here when people are having to flee their homes and be separated from their children. Not one bit of empathy shown.
Yeah it feels like in terribly poor taste to do thought experiements about what they might do when Ukranians are in the thick of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
I'm so glad I found this thread! I naively posted on AIBU a while ago and was absolutely ripped to shreds. I'd wanted to know if I was being an a about a situation that had me really upset. Stupid move because my sensitive pregnant a ended up even more upset after their responses. Half of them can't read either I swear as they didn't read half my post. I can't believe Tattle gets such flack when in comparison I've only ever been met with kindness and understanding on this forum.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
God forbid they’d let a bit of crassness get in the way of complete pandemonium! I read that thread earlier and only got halfway down page 1- it felt a bit sick after seeing the photos such as the boy and his dad on the train this morning. Yes it’s a worry and I suppose we all have wondered what we’d do in their shoes but these people are living it. I’m not sure “oh I have dual nationality so I’d be ok” is exactly in good taste.

Let’s be honest we’re an island

1) any attack is likely to come from above with commercial flights too risky. No ones going anywhere quick.

2) being an island means we don’t have any land borders so off on your dinghy to France which will also be at war due to being part of NATO

3) living on an island gives us more natural protection that possibly any country in Europe so for now keep those who are suffering conflict at the hands of their neighbours in your prayers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I'm so glad I found this thread! I naively posted on AIBU a while ago and was absolutely ripped to shreds. I'd wanted to know if I was being an a about a situation that had me really upset. Stupid move because my sensitive pregnant a ended up even more upset after their responses. Half of them can't read either I swear as they didn't read half my post. I can't believe Tattle gets such flack when in comparison I've only ever been met with kindness and understanding on this forum.
AIBU is the worst place to post about any kind of dilemma. You'll get ripped to shreds basically anywhere on MN, but in AIBU it's obligatory to be as awful as possible.

I remember being ripped to shreds because I was worried about my child (who turned out to be autistic). It was all because I was a terrible parent, apparently. holes.
 
  • Sad
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I know this is cheating but I have nowhere to else to post it and it made me laugh. Spotted this on Digital Spy:

We’re living in a Renaissance it seems. The ever changing political climate, through the PM’s problems, and the Russia-Ukraine dispute, not to mention, how we’re now seeing some of pop-culture’s biggest shows being dealt with an axe. Such uncertainty in the world at the minute.

This reaction is to the news of the decision not to show Neighbours anymore 😶
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 21
Anyone seen this? I mean come on, the most obvious troll ever and it doesn't get deleted but they keep up genuinely funny posts because they think it might be a troll

Screenshot 2022-02-28 10.09.44 PM.png
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Anyone seen this? I mean come on, the most obvious troll ever and it doesn't get deleted but they keep up genuinely funny posts because they think it might be a troll

View attachment 1094650
“I would have got away with it too, if it wasn’t for that pesky pony club”

02EE3CB6-E325-4A5D-BAF4-7DA4403D75F5.jpeg


Oh my god 🤣🤣🤣 that post is like a mumsnet bingo full house
Only thing missing was the part where she DIDN’T mention that she can’t say what her DH job is because it’s outing.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
God that website is awful
I was advised by friends to post on there today for job advice
I was pretty upset frustrated when I read the post and I got ripped to shreds I was told I was pathetic for crying I have dyslexia so struggle with spelling and people ripped into me for that people are just so mean
 
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
God that website is awful
I was advised by friends to post on there today for job advice
I was pretty upset frustrated when I read the post and I got ripped to shreds I was told I was pathetic for crying I have dyslexia so struggle with spelling and people ripped into me for that people are just so mean
I’m so sorry that happened to you, start a post in advice on tattle. People will be much kinder x
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.