Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They’re kicking off about Ant and Dec being in drag

But panto dames are fine
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
They’re kicking off about Ant and Dec being in drag

But panto dames are fine
I remember once someone said whats the difference between Lily Savage or Dame Edna and the modern drag queens and said that was different. Yeah right Paul O’Grady used to tour the toughest pubs in the U.K. as Lily, swearing like a trooper and giving shade right left and centre before TV found him and turned him into a family friendly, dog lover. It’s exactly the bleeping same 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Personally I'm not a great fan of drag, especially when they turn to witching about women. However each to their own etc, and I think there has been an incident with a (or more?) drag act visiting a primary school. I don't think that's appropriate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
I have to say that I feel an adult drag entertainer with a sexual stage name and with an 18+ content website (if it’s true, although the op seems prepared with receipts) is not appropriate for a primary school.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18
I have to say that I feel an adult drag entertainer with a sexual stage name and with an 18+ content website (if it’s true, although the op seems prepared with receipts) is not appropriate for a primary school.
I agree, but something about that thread just didn’t ring true. I think it was made up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
There’s currently hundreds of mumsnetters having a breakdown because they’ve found out schools don’t peel the carrots they give to the children. The children are all going to die from e-coli and pesticides.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 21
Anyone read AIBU to not hoover the kitchen?? worth a quick shooftie if you want a laugh/to be amazed... honestly how can people be this interested in whether or not someone hoovers the kitchen floor??
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 5
There’s a story about thousands of pounds being found inside a patchwork quilt bought in a charity shop. I don’t think it’s a troll, it’s an employee of MNHQ who has made this wee tale up.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s a story about thousands of pounds being found inside a patchwork quilt bought in a charity shop. I don’t think it’s a troll, it’s an employee of MNHQ who has made this wee tale up.
I think it’s a troll. They’ve got limited posting history & a ‘word+numbers’ username, but they’ve a thread about a dodgy fringe that made it into the press, and I think they’re trying to score another news story.

Funnily enough, someone happens to have mentioned that the press will likely pick up the thread 🤔

 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 6
There’s currently hundreds of mumsnetters having a breakdown because they’ve found out schools don’t peel the carrots they give to the children. The children are all going to die from e-coli and pesticides.
I read the start of that thread and found it hilarious; those carrots that the op is so worried about will be sat in a communal bowl with all the other fruit and veg that gets sneezed on, coughed on, touched, licked and even bitten in to before being rejected and put back in ready for the op’s child to choose! I work in a school and would love to give them the low down of how gross kids are, the unpeeled carrots should be the least of their worries 🤣
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I read the start of that thread and found it hilarious; those carrots that the op is so worried about will be sat in a communal bowl with all the other fruit and veg that gets sneezed on, coughed on, touched, licked and even bitten in to before being rejected and put back in ready for the op’s child to choose! I work in a school and would love to give them the low down of how gross kids are, the unpeeled carrots should be the least of their worries 🤣
I used to pick carrots from the garden and only give them a rough wash under the tap before eating them raw. My mum worked on the same principle of common sense as her own mother - "got to eat a peck of dirt before you die". She used to live in Iran in the 1950s and noted that the European children ate local food with normal precautions such as washing food and hands and were fine, whereas the US children who had everything doused in disinfectant or flown in from the USA were always ill, having no resistance to bugs. Mumsnet would have hysterics.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
I've been ghosted by my match on Tinder and thinking about doing the "pick me dance" - Any tips?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Oh, Christ.

Somebody plopped a 'my 3 year had his leg amputated, Ask Me Anything' post and then ducked off. Apparently, because there are elite athletes in the world, this means he'll be fine.

1645913789321.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Read the moving out of London thread if you want a good laugh. Anything north of Watford is a barren wasteland
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 14
They all think the MN husbands and sons will be conscripted any moment! There's been about a billion conscription threads the last week :oops:
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Theres one today about where you will flee to when the war hits the UK.

Everyone will be flying to their families abroad, Jamaica was one place etc. No one has pointed out yet that passenger planes would be grounded so probably wouldn't be flying anywhere.

One person then said they would just grab as many possessions as they could and then run down the road if they saw a tank on their road.

Someone else muttering about where they live isn't a city so should be ok but they expect it will become a city one day so will need a plan then

And then the person who started the thread posted this. It ALMOST reads like she is blaming Ukrainian civilians for not getting out sooner because they all knew it was coming....
 

Attachments

  • Like
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
They are deluded. We live on an island. The only way of getting off this island is by sea or air. In WW2, the vast majority of people stayed. It was only really children who were evacuated.
I can just imagine some of the mumsnetters waving their kids off on a boat, ‘please make sure Tarquin goes to a family who provides hummus for lunch, not too many carrots though they contain sugar’
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s a bit crass imagining it from the safety of here when people are having to flee their homes and be separated from their children. Not one bit of empathy shown.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.