Mumsnet #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a thread at the moment where OP can’t understand why somebody from a disadvantaged background may have less aspirations than those who aren’t. OP even admits she’s from a poor background herself (maybe the gardener only came once a week or something? 🙄) but still can’t see it?!

I despair of that place but I just can’t help going back to read the utter tit they post.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Have you seen the business class fight one? One of them tells OP off for stealth posting while slipping in that she ALWAYS travels business. I also admired the Xenia wannabe who said her last flight booking cost 16k. It’s dies a death which is a shame apart from the poster who asserts that anyone objecting must want children out in the hold. That’s exactly what everyone wants to be fair.

Not going to lie I have had many flights ruined by screaming toddlers.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Just saw this little gem on a thread asking about the benefits of weight training. Of course the OP shouldn’t even entertain the idea of weight training, she should just starve herself and do loads of cardio. What tit. The OP hasn’t even asked about loosing weight!
 

Attachments

  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
There is a thread about kids snacks again..

I swear the people on that topic are absolutely batshit crazy.

You have the usual ‘they don’t need snacks’ ‘too much sugar’ ‘Too much sugar in fruit, where is the veg’ blah blah my child survives on air and water in between meals 🙄
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
For your entertainment today I suggest reading the thread called…

Is there something you're really good at, but never tell new friends etc. because...

All the Billy Bullshitters in one place. It’s quite something. You can thank me later 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 18
The Mumsnet search function is so annoying, I can't find it! But I can only imagine. A perfect thread for the not so humble brags and outright lies.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8

I’ve got a feeling links to MN aren’t allowed. My memory is rubbish not sure if I’ve made that up.

Edited to add yep they don’t want them here…fair enough
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1

I’ve got a feeling links to MN aren’t allowed. My memory is rubbish not sure if I’ve made that up.

Edited to add yep they don’t want them here…fair enough
It’s okay! Thanks for trying. I’m sure I haven’t missed much 😅
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Has anyone seen the the thread about pen eating? So grim. Obvious troll but people are so quick to join in and say keep her away from her dad! I know these things happen in real life but would you honestly post asking for advice!
 
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Has anyone seen the the thread about pen eating? So grim. Obvious troll but people are so quick to join in and say keep her away from her dad! I know these things happen in real life but would you honestly post asking for advice!
What’s it called? I can never seem to find threads unless they’re trending!
 
Delighted (and horrifed) to let you all know there is currently a thread in AIBU asking people if they wash their sheets after every time they have sex. A chance to boast OR complain about one's sex life and be smug about one's home-making etc.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
There’s one about changing sheets post sex. Someone said this is MN someone will be along to say they have…
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
The things that are expensive but worth it thread gave me a good laugh!
Does anyone know if peace and love is laqueen?
 
The 'massive salad' one yesterday I think it was .
One reply was ' you have tomatoes in every salad why not just eat a teaspoon of sugar '
duck sake
A troll thread atm asking if everyone is stockpiling LF tests
Talk about detonate the room and walk out .. everyone's pearl clutching that we all need to pay now and manically being martyrs waiting to run out and they'd happily pay £2-£5 for one test
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Can anyone explain why they dislike drag queens so much over there? I remember before I was banned I posted saying that their dislike of Drag acts was homophobic, given that it was a such a big part of gay culture. I was then subjected to a pile on. There is currently a thread on there saying a drag Queen performed at their child’s primary school in ‘thigh high boots’. I find this very hard to believe quite honestly and think it’s just another way of starting a drag bashing session.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Can anyone explain why they dislike drag queens so much over there? I remember before I was banned I posted saying that their dislike of Drag acts was homophobic, given that it was a such a big part of gay culture. I was then subjected to a pile on. There is currently a thread on there saying a drag Queen performed at their child’s primary school in ‘thigh high boots’. I find this very hard to believe quite honestly and think it’s just another way of starting a drag bashing session.
If you have a look at the gender discussion thread on here there are lots of posts regarding drag queens
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.