Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A lonely old lady (61 so absolutely ancient) has asked how to stave off boredom in the evenings. She already gardens, does jigsaws, listens to audiobooks, is in a book club, sings in a choir etc but that doesn't stop the hard of reading suggesting all of these activities. A few posts in and she's been diagnosed with ADHD. Mumsnet eh? Why can't people just be bored and ask for inspiration without the internet medics rushing to stick a label on them?
bleeping ADHD 🤣
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I LOVED gas and air. I had so much when I was in a&e with a bad back the mean nurse confiscated it.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone read the fired for gross misconduct thread? OP has been fired for stealing £50 at work and apparently it's not her fault and she should be kind to herself.

However, if you take a bag for life from Tesco without paying you're the devil incarnate and responsible for the downfall of society.
Sorry for going back on this actually had to work this morning.
In my experience in retail and those who were caught dipping the till. No one starts at 50 quid they work up to it.
---
I had an epidural for a medical procedure a few years ago and loved how my back didnt hurt for weeks after it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
Have I woken up in 1999 and everyone’s spending Friday detailing exactly what they’ll imbibe to get wrecked this weekend?

If yes, put me down for a spinal and some gummies ta. Oh and a box of Marlboro lights menthols.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 21
I chuffed so much gas and air in labour I lost my voice 😂 sounded like I’d smoked 80 cigs a day for 40 years
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 12
Gas and air made me vomit. I've had it three times and each time I thought "maybe this time will be different" 🙃
It did work as a pain killer though - and once I'd been given an anti-emetic I did OK. I just felt high and dizzy as anything! And yeah it made me feel like my voice was really low. Weird stuff.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
Morphine was much better than gas and air, but once I was on both of them I started screaming at my husband to duck off because I didn't have a husband and was trying to have a baby.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 17
I had midazolam for a colonoscopy. It was lovely. I’d volunteer for another camera up me bum tomorrow if I had the chance. 😂
Yes. This. Midazolam is my drug of choice.

Repeated bronchoscopies and a mild addiction formed. I loved receiving those letters inviting me for (yet) another bronchoscopy. I had feelings similar to what I'd imagine having if I'd been invited out on a date by, say, Idris Elba.

I knew I'd be high for days afterwards.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 11
Is it more or less calories if consumed from a foreskin parcel?
I have nothing to add to the thread today except to say duck you for making me read the words “foreskin parcel” 🤢🤢🤢🤢

That’s tonight’s ricotta tortellini gone in the bin
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Yes. This. Midazolam is my drug of choice.

Repeated bronchoscopies and a mild addiction formed. I loved receiving those letters inviting me for (yet) another bronchoscopy. I had feelings similar to what I'd imagine having if I'd been invited out on a date by, say, Idris Elba.

I knew I'd be high for days afterwards.
Same - had Midazolam for the bum cam and apparently my blood pressure got too low, but I have naturally low BP so while I hazily remember that there was some talk about that I had a fine time 😂 sign me up again, I need the bum cam.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 7
I had a couple of blasts of fentanyl after surgery and was so far away with the fairies, it took ages to get back. And morphine is pretty effective too. However, due to a stupid anomaly, I now can't take anything other than paracetamol or ibuprofen - unless it's intravenous.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
bleeping ADHD 🤣
I work in a prison and the amount of my guys who have ADHD is ridiculous (It’s up there with the ones who shout “I’ve got mental health”)

(spoiler: they don’t have ADHD)

ETA - I know ADHD is complex and is incredibly difficult to manage but in my line of work it’s brandished like a shield, and used as an excuse, which then detracts from the people who really do struggle.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I used to love morphine, but now it makes me itch - yet another side effect of ageing apparently :cry:
 
  • Sad
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Has anyone read the thread with the OP who met someone on a cuddle website.
Very strange indeed.
 
  • Like
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I actually projectile vomited on morphine. Not like the average mumsnetter projectile vomit. I took out OH and about three midwives 👀👀
 
  • Haha
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: 13
I’m just tit at drugs 😂

Opioids make me vomit. That was fun after a c-section.
Gas and air makes me hallucinate
Even tobacco/thc makes me throw up and pass out.

Must try benzo’s 😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Gas & air felt like it did nothing for me 🤨 diamorphine though was lovely 😍
I am totally immune to gas and air. Has zero affect. First time I was at A&E for a dislocated thumb that they were trying to reset. They tried 3 different cannisters before they realised it was me not the gas running out. Same when in labour, I was huffing away, Nada, gave my husband the mask to try as I was getting nothing and he almost fell over 😂
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.