Mumsnet #39 Chatbot or fatbot?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thread about McDonald's not being too bad is quite refreshing. Inevitably there are people who think it literally isn't food (it literally is) and cough like a canary whenever they pass one, but most people seem to be in agreement that while it's never going to be a "healthy" option, it's really not as bad as a lot of other stuff that doesn't get demonised anywhere near as much.

Reactions: 22
I prepared a speech..

Iā€™d like to thank dd dh ds dd da du dctr and any d Iā€™ve forgotten.
So honoured
šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Iā€™d like to thank dd dh ds dd da du dctr and any d Iā€™ve forgotten

D doo doo doo and D dah dah dah?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just saw a mumsnetter call nudes ā€˜mucky picsā€™ šŸ¤¢ they can make literally anything sound awful with their pearl clutching tweeness. Mucky pics ! duck off!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just saw a mumsnetter call nudes ā€˜mucky picsā€™ šŸ¤¢ they can make literally anything sound awful with their pearl clutching tweeness. Mucky pics ! duck off!!!!
How very 70s. In fact mucky is a very 70s word in general. Mucky pics, mucky mags.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The thread about McDonald's not being too bad is quite refreshing. Inevitably there are people who think it literally isn't food (it literally is) and cough like a canary whenever they pass one, but most people seem to be in agreement that while it's never going to be a "healthy" option, it's really not as bad as a lot of other stuff that doesn't get demonised anywhere near as much.
Dr Magnus Pyke went on tv years ago, and talked about fast food hamburgers. He said its all food to the digestive system, vitamins, minerals , protein, carbs. etc. The only problem he had with fast food was that it's full of sugar and salt and carbs etc and people eat too much of it. Eating it now and then wouldn't cause any issues. ' Everything but in strict moderation ' was his by-word. A bottle of wine ( that most MNers imbibe by the gallon) has about 3 tablespoons of sugar in it...........

• Heart
Reactions: 14
How very 70s. In fact mucky is a very 70s word in general. Mucky pics, mucky mags.
I think a lot of them are indeed very young.

Iā€™m very jealous Serena - I too want to be back in TUIā€™s arms. None of that rustic self-drive gite shite. Gimme maid service and a buffet and let me be pissed on a plane.

• Haha
  • Heart
And that 70s film "The Mucky Movie".

Oh no, my memory...
It was "The Muppet Movie"

<runs off to tune of Yakety Sax, clutching a tray of two scoops of ice-cream topped with glace cherries, dating self horriblyšŸ‘µ>

• Haha
I think a lot of them are indeed very young.

Iā€™m very jealous Serena - I too want to be back in TUIā€™s arms. None of that rustic self-drive gite shite. Gimme maid service and a buffet and let me be pissed on a plane.
Iā€™m also currently on a tui holiday and itā€™s bloody fantastic. Coach from the airport, pool, lovely buffet, parade of hot Italian waiters bringing me drinks. Whatā€™s not to like.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
@Lazarus i couldnā€™t reply on the other thread before it was closed, but Iā€™m a few years older than you (think an even number between 49 and 51) and have been having full Brazilian all off back and front (Iā€™ve never heard of it called a Hollywood before - thatā€™s interesting), every five weeks since I was mid-20s and itā€™s only the last two sessions where I and the waxer have noticed that the regrowth is considerably finer and easier. Youā€™re almost there!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If you're a size 12 or 14 and 5ft9 or 5ft10, what do you weigh?

Obviously OP is getting responses from people who are 5ft3 and 5ft5 who just had to come on and say how little they weigh

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Dr Magnus Pyke went on tv years ago, and talked about fast food hamburgers. He said its all food to the digestive system, vitamins, minerals , protein, carbs. etc. The only problem he had with fast food was that it's full of sugar and salt and carbs etc and people eat too much of it. Eating it now and then wouldn't cause any issues. ' Everything but in strict moderation ' was his by-word. A bottle of wine ( that most MNers imbibe by the gallon) has about 3 tablespoons of sugar in it...........
my now hazy memories of metabolic chemistry at uni basically boil down to glucose = energy.

doesnā€™t matter what you eat, your basic fuel is glucose. Itā€™s all broken down to that one molecule.

All this tit about insulin and blood sugar spikes and oh no! Carbs! Is crap because your Mac Donaldā€™s is broken down to glucose and used as energy in the same way your home made hand cooked offerings are.

obviously the ā€œhealthā€ angle lies in the inclusion of proteins and fats, vitamins/minerals, salt etc for other functions and repair. But your energy source is glucose.

your brain in particular burns through glucose, maybe thatā€™s why all the low carbers seem hard of thinking.

from a weight point of view each individual needs to tweak their energy in/out if they donā€™t want to gain. How they do it again is irrelevant. Whether itā€™s one Big Mac a day or 1500 cals hand knitted by fairies.

maybe I should start a one Big Mac a day weight loss diet. I could write a book and mcds would sponsor me.

again from my hazy recollections I always remember burning ketones as fuel was bad, usually found in diabetics in a ketoacidotic crisis. So when the theory behind no carb and keto is to deprive yourself of glucose to the extent you start burning ketones as fuel, that does not compute.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
maybe I should start a one Big Mac a day weight loss diet. I could write a book and mcds would sponsor me.
I actually used to know someone who lost about seven stones on exactly that diet. What his arteries are like now Iā€™m not sure, but it definitely worked in terms of weight loss.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.