Mumsnet #32 Sex towels are for the obese

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's woman who is expecting her first baby and her hairdresser has ruined her hair and she's upset about it. As usual, the empathic and compassionate Mumsnetters are out in force to console her.

She's been told she has body dysmorphia, she'll suffer from post natal hair loss anyway, she won't have time to clean her teeth let alone worry about her hair, people won't be looking at her, they'll be looking at her baby etc etc

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I thought most of that lot hacked at their own hair rather than set a dainty foot over a hairdressers threshold.
---
Now apparently giving flowers scream of misogyny and therefore should be banned.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
On a serious note, I wish mumsnet could be what I naively thought it was set up for..a site to help mums through parenting...I have a teenager struggling with MH and GCSEs. Everytime I venture over to the exam threads it always about how their child is doing 18 GCSEs and predicted all Grade 9s :/ Just want to talk to people with more realistic lives. It just makes me feel like a tit mum, eventhough I know I'm not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
The flowers think is so strange, did it ever occur to them that woman can buy their husband/boyfriend flowers, or hell sometimes even a wife can buy her wife flowers or two husbands etc. I’m as feminist as they come but the argument about it being mysgonistic, OP didn’t think that through I feel

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's woman who is expecting her first baby and her hairdresser has ruined her hair and she's upset about it. As usual, the empathic and compassionate Mumsnetters are out in force to console her.

She's been told she has body dysmorphia, she'll suffer from post natal hair loss anyway, she won't have time to clean her teeth let alone worry about her hair, people won't be looking at her, they'll be looking at her baby etc etc
Surely no one will be looking at the baby? It will be kept in doors and no-one allowed in for at least 3 months.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I thought most of that lot hacked at their own hair rather than set a dainty foot over a hairdressers threshold.
Is the Mumsnet haircut still a thing? Where you pull all your hair into a high pony tail (like a pineapple top) then cut it off, thus apparently creating enviable layers? Has anyone actually done this?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
New way to ask ‘are you a big fat duck’ just dropped x
‘do you have a challenging figure?’ - new thread title there and we’re still on the first page 😂
---
On a serious note, I wish mumsnet could be what I naively thought it was set up for..a site to help mums through parenting...I have a teenager struggling with MH and GCSEs. Everytime I venture over to the exam threads it always about how their child is doing 18 GCSEs and predicted all Grade 9s :/ Just want to talk to people with more realistic lives. It just makes me feel like a tit mum, eventhough I know I'm not.
I don’t have children so I can’t say anything helpful but definitely set up an exams support for parents thread on tattle because every thread I’ve seen for support everyone is so helpful, Mumsnetters will just call your kids thick if they’re predicted to be the best in the country!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Is the Mumsnet haircut still a thing? Where you pull all your hair into a high pony tail (like a pineapple top) then cut it off, thus apparently creating enviable layers? Has anyone actually done this?
I did it in lockdown a few times. Helps to cut on a slight slant. Didn't learn about it on MN, though.

It's OK. I have long, thick, wavy hair that's very forgiving of a tit cut. Although it's also the kind where if you make the cut too angled, you get a weird sort of coffin shape around your head because the lower layers are too long compared to the upper ones and there's quite a lot of volume.

Reactions: 8
There's a thread in Home Decoration called "This table is horrible isn't it?" where posters are lining up to be utter cunts. Classist, racist (against Travellers) and just bleeping vile. Poor woman, it isn't to my taste but I wouldn't go and stick the boot in.

I'll tell you what is lacking class, being an absolute dick to some poor cow because you don't like her taste in decor.

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I did it in lockdown a few times. Helps to cut on a slight slant. Didn't learn about it on MN, though.

It's OK. I have long, thick, wavy hair that's very forgiving of a tit cut. Although it's also the kind where if you make the cut too angled, you get a weird sort of coffin shape around your head because the lower layers are too long compared to the upper ones and there's quite a lot of volume.
I have shoulder length curly hair - would it work for me? When you say a slant, do you mean holding the scissors at an angle? If I end up looking like I have a coffin on my head, I will hold you responsible :D

• Haha
Reactions: 11

They make everything sound so bleeping miserable don't they? Yes having a baby is hard work, but it's lovely too. Especially if you allow people to help out. Dickheads.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
There's a thread in Home Decoration called "This table is horrible isn't it?" where posters are lining up to be utter cunts. Classist, racist (against Travellers) and just bleeping vile. Poor woman, it isn't to my taste but I wouldn't go and stick the boot in.

I'll tell you what is lacking class, being an absolute dick to some poor cow because you don't like her taste in decor.
And yet whenever they’ve posted pictures of their own home decor the rooms have always been hideous. Real pot / kettle thing going on there.

Reactions: 11
I have shoulder length curly hair - would it work for me? When you say a slant, do you mean holding the scissors at an angle? If I end up looking like I have a coffin on my head, I will hold you responsible :D
I'm trying to find the video I learned it from and of course I can't, it's been four years. Nowadays it seems to be called a butterfly cut and it involves two ponytails, but if you do that then they both need the same amount cut off and I don't trust myself. Everyone also seems to cut in a kind of feathery way now, I just chopped it straight.

I pulled it all into the front on my forehead like a unicorn horn, while wet and combed straight, and then cut the end off at a slight angle moving away from myself. So the cut started at a certain point and I angled it towards the wall in front of me. But if that angle is too large then you get the coffin look, or I did anyway. You could try it with a very slight angle, or just cut straight; I think that would still give layers because the top will still come out shorter than the bottom. Perhaps just do an inch or so initially and see how it turns out. I think with curly shoulder length hair you should have some wiggle room with it.

The coffin look really wasn't a disaster though. I just stood in front of the mirror and cut the thinner, longer layers at the bottom to a length where they looked better. Wasn't so layered then, of course, but it looked fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And yet whenever they’ve posted pictures of their own home decor the rooms have always been hideous. Real pot / kettle thing going on there.
I like the table and chairs and the sparkly carpet and they are utter cunts, telling her how tit it all looks. I'm guessing they employ someone to come in and dress their rooms for them, around the antique heirloom furniture, and their houses probably smell of wet dog.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.