Mumsnet #29 A little site run on spite, misogyny and lame GIFs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @girlinbrum 🍷🎄

As usual, mumsnetters are miserable arseholes and are sucking all the joy out of Christmas
---
Mumsnet should seriously consider rebranding to Miserynet. It's a magnet for moaners!

At least Tattlers have a sense of humour!
Nominating this early for the next thread title!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Child abandonment documentary Home Alone throws up an awful lot of safeguarding issues for me. Very concerned, god bless x

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Child abandonment documentary Home Alone throws up an awful lot of safeguarding issues for me. Very concerned, god bless x
I was thinking that when I watched it. Perhaps we should start a thread on it, like that loon who thought Call Of Duty was a documentary :D

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I couldnt reply on the last thread but I just wanted to say to proceedwithcaution I am so sorry. ❤
I am currently going through a miscarriage…lots of pain and bleeding.
It’s shite over Christmas. Emotionally it can be unbearable
However I would never wallow in my misery like MN do. It’s not a misery competition. I can be upset but impinging it on everyone around me like a badge of honour is bleeping selfish.
---
I’ve also decided to stop looking at MN for my mental health

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Do you think they ever look around at their NC relationship with their parents, their kids wanting to leave home, their husbands sobbing...and think maybe they're the problem?

Reactions: 18
‘I’m sat here in tears because yesterday was a disaster and everyone is so ungrateful. I started on meal prep yesterday at 6am whilst DC’s unwrapped all of their presents and DH had a lie on until 7am, then MIL turned up and kept offering to help me with preparing lunch but it was obvious that she was only doing because she thinks Im incapable and I felt so attacked in my own home. When we finally sat down for lunch at 2pm MIL kept sticking the boot in by asking if she could do anything to help and to add insult to injury the DCs had stuffed themselves with chocolate and didn’t eat any of the lavish lunch I had single handedly prepared. Most of it went to waste and I had spent so much money in Waitrose on the finest produce and had got my Turkey from a locally sourced farmer. No one offered to help with the tidying up and I had to do it all myself, with MIL constantly interjecting. i finally collapsed on the sofa at 4pm and the DC’s just wanted to play with their gifts and not play any of the games or take part in any of the activities I had prepared over the last few months the format of the day went wrong and I locked myself in the toilet and collapsed on the floor in tears Im now seriously considering LTB but will need to get my ducks in a row first’

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Well we had a lovely day. No parents as they have all died; no toxic sister as I cut her out of my life years ago; no husbands siblings as their homophobic misogynistic, racist selves think dh married 'above his station' (I'm from the South 🙄); just me him,adult kids, visit from other adult kid and grandchildren and a nice dinner followed by a game.
I'm far too problematic for mn

Reactions: 21
It’s strange how all these perfect middle class teeny tinies with six figure salary DH’s, mistaken for being French, dressed in oh-so-stylish/ugly Amish sack dresses and surviving for a year on inhaling a massive salad live such dramatic lives. It makes me glad to have no obsession about class, love carbs and not go into a meltdown because someone gave me a funny look over the carrots in the local supermarket. It’s funny how they love outdoing each other on being oh-so-perfect and yet living such dramatic and weird lives. Oh, and by in large, toxic and vicious too.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Someone has started a “did anyone have a nice day yesterday” to counter against all the misery and someone has actually commented saying that it was in bad taste because some people may have had a bad day. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Excellent thread title 😂

99% of AIBUs can be instantly solved if the first reply is always “who gives a tit?” 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 22
‘I’m sat here in tears because yesterday was a disaster and everyone is so ungrateful. I started on meal prep yesterday at 6am whilst DC’s unwrapped all of their presents and DH had a lie on until 7am, then MIL turned up and kept offering to help me with preparing lunch but it was obvious that she was only doing because she thinks Im incapable and I felt so attacked in my own home. When we finally sat down for lunch at 2pm MIL kept sticking the boot in by asking if she could do anything to help and to add insult to injury the DCs had stuffed themselves with chocolate and didn’t eat any of the lavish lunch I had single handedly prepared. Most of it went to waste and I had spent so much money in Waitrose on the finest produce and had got my Turkey from a locally sourced farmer. No one offered to help with the tidying up and I had to do it all myself, with MIL constantly interjecting. i finally collapsed on the sofa at 4pm and the DC’s just wanted to play with their gifts and not play any of the games or take part in any of the activities I had prepared over the last few months the format of the day went wrong and I locked myself in the toilet and collapsed on the floor in tears Im now seriously considering LTB but will need to get my ducks in a row first’
Please tell me that’s a spoof post!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.