Mumsnet #20 Shoes on indoors is gross but sucking cream off a stripper after 10 women is fine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by Orangehead and nominated by Holasun.

In the last thread we discussed outing body shapes (is your husband really Johnny Bravo), if peas are a garnish or a side dish to eggs and chips, why Toast (bread variety) is better than Toast (clothes variety). We are still undecided on Pamela's threads but real or not the grief athletes on MN are getting their kicks.

Our sons are all very sporty and eat heartily. Our daughters are all teeny tinies and we could be mistaken for their sisters. Our husbands have been asked for their opinions but are busy with their hobbies. Sugar...never heard of it.

Sure I missed lots. But carry on!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I think my maths must be wrong. 😂 mortgage calculator said 14.3k/month repayment - so one year’s mortgage = 36 years of my rent. 😂

Oh. And I haven’t got the 250k deposit, but if I did that would be over 50 year’s rent.

As I’m not planning to live to be 392 I’ll stay where I am.
---
There are pics in the DM of Natalie Umbruliga (??) wearing that duck-awful twee house-on-the-prairie dress. It looks like a bleeping marquee and I bet she’s all of 6 stone wet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
With regard to poorly Pam, is it true that the portacath needs to be fitted a week before chemo starts? Because I've googled and it says chemo can start as soon as it is inserted, which fits in with what she says, about starting chemo tomorrow. I'm inclined to get off the fence now and believe her - although the posts from her posse are most peculiar.

Reactions: 2
Thread title by Orangehead and nominated by Holasun.

In the last thread we discussed outing body shapes (is your husband really Johnny Bravo), if peas are a garnish or a side dish to eggs and chips, why Toast (bread variety) is better than Toast (clothes variety). We are still undecided on Pamela's threads but real or not the grief athletes on MN are getting their kicks.

Our sons are all very sporty and eat heartily. Our daughters are all teeny tinies and we could be mistaken for their sisters. Our husbands have been asked for their opinions but are busy with their hobbies. Sugar...never heard of it.

Sure I missed lots. But carry on!
You missed it’s their outing hobbies that our tall, six figure salary earning husbands are busy with.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Has anyone come across the poster who is asking if £45 for a three course birthday meal in a posh but rubbish pub, is too expensive? The twist is the friend is an influencer. They’re all trying to out do each other to tell the op that £45 isn’t expensive, one poster has replied that she could never eat 3 courses. They majority are very defensive of the influencer- I reckon there’s loads of them on there!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Thank you for the recommendation about Scamanda podcast - it's so unbelievable!!

On a kinda mumsnet related question. I dislike S&B. Last time I posted on there they gave me such hideous advice (see attached photo). I'm a busy single mum in her 40s who needs some decent clothes advice- does anyone know of any good websites or forums that are not mumsnet or Facebook, thank you!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I've read loads of stories about influencers asking for free meals if they allow them to use the restaurant for content. Most decent places tell them F off, then they give a bad review anyway!

Reactions: 2
I know someone who is a self professed food critic for the ‘gram locally. The restaurant owners can’t stand them. I get second hand cringe at the articles.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thank you for the recommendation about Scamanda podcast - it's so unbelievable!!

On a kinda mumsnet related question. I dislike S&B. Last time I posted on there they gave me such hideous advice (see attached photo). I'm a busy single mum in her 40s who needs some decent clothes advice- does anyone know of any good websites or forums that are not mumsnet or Facebook, thank you!!
That jacket makes me laugh my head off. It's so ridiculous. I'm in my 40s and considering I was once a punk I'm so boring and spend a lot of time in my jeans from Next and my t shirts from White Stuff or Joanie and then dresses from Monsoon or Joanie. I really like the trousers and my dress from Thisisunfolded but you have to wait for it to be made and delivered so it can be a gamble. I used to buy zillions of vintage dresses but I refuse to wear another 60s polyester dress even if it does have an amazing print.

I tend to look on Instagram to get ideas of what I do and don't like and then work from there. I know I like wide trousers and then fitted tops or slim jeans and slouchy tops. I do love a tweed jacket. I'm the most vanilla of vanilla these days.

Reactions: 10
This is just altogether weird. Sorry about the blue shade pic 😴😊
Her bf has now gone away for three weeks, so she can't tell him that SHE didn't pay for his icecrem but her sister's bf did 🥴 should she mention it when he gets back?! Mention it now to the sister's bf and say where's my bleeping ice-cream knobhead?
---
That jacket makes me laugh my head off. It's so ridiculous. I'm in my 40s and considering I was once a punk I'm so boring and spend a lot of time in my jeans from Next and my t shirts from White Stuff or Joanie and then dresses from Monsoon or Joanie. I really like the trousers and my dress from Thisisunfolded but you have to wait for it to be made and delivered so it can be a gamble. I used to buy zillions of vintage dresses but I refuse to wear another 60s polyester dress even if it does have an amazing print.

I tend to look on Instagram to get ideas of what I do and don't like and then work from there. I know I like wide trousers and then fitted tops or slim jeans and slouchy tops. I do love a tweed jacket. I'm the most vanilla of vanilla these days.
Got my eyes on you that you fit in an original 60s dress, are you on the Mumsnet diet? 😂 p.s jealous

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
This is just altogether weird. Sorry about the blue shade pic 😴😊
Her bf has now gone away for three weeks, so she can't tell him that SHE didn't pay for his icecrem but her sister's bf did 🥴 should she mention it when he gets back?! Mention it now to the sister's bf and say where's my bleeping ice-cream knobhead?
---

Got my eyes on you that you fit in an original 60s dress, are you on the Mumsnet diet? 😂 p.s jealous
The one with the boyfriend has posted before. She said her boyfriend tells his parents every time they have sex because they live overseas.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Looking at the picture, am pretty certain that's Raey, MatchesFashion-own label. One that's styled in a deliberately exaggerated way, and the clothing at least two (if not more) dress sizes larger than the model's. I love Raey, but it's not for everyone, for a myriad of reasons, and not something I would recommend unless I knew someone was already a fan.

S&B is terrible now, not anywhere to ask advice, not least because the self-nominated doyenne's have a) hideous taste) and b) a real lack of understanding that most do not have unlimited budgets for clothing.

Used to be a personal shopper/stylist and now still work in the industry. Am happy to give you a few ideas to start you off, so please do ask.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
There's a good one in aibu this morning where some are competing to make the least effort and take the least amount of time to get ready in the morning. A few are outraged that op takes 50 minutes to have breakfast, shower, wash hair, dry it and get ready

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I have the same issue, I don't use FB but I'd love a decent style and beauty forum. Mumsnet S&B is just ludicrous these days, although my favourite comment I stumbled upon for the week is from there....

"Wouldn’t dream of going sleeveless in the office. I don’t think armpits should be on show at work."
---
Lots of pile on the SIL going on on AIBU lately.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.