Mumsnet #13 No carbs but all the barbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Luckily, Claire’s long lost cousin from some half a century ago popped up on MN to relieve any lingering doubts.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
No mention of Claire unfortunately but the post about a MN being accused of stealing a bag for life is worth 10 mins of your life, some poster tries to reassure OP that personally she is a worse person as she never pays and within a few lines you have that second person being held responsible for the state of the planet being awash with plastic and the high prices of goods in our stores these days!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
To not engage with dads on the school run?
110 replies
OnlyaStateofMind · Today 17:58
The thing is i feel awkward talking to dads on the school run. If they start a conversation I don't mind brief pleasantries, but anything more than that and I'm worried to talk too much back; this is incase they get the wrong idea/or other people do. I prefer to talk to women as just have always had women as friends and not so much men (although men are very easy to talk to). I don't mind talking to a couple when they're together, but feel abit weird talking to a dad on his own.
I had an experience a couple of week ago where a dad I hadn't met before was very upbeat, and chatty and his wife who I'd briefly talked to before was stood quiet and miserable on mobile phone. I found this situation quite uncomfortable as they barely said a word to each other and the dad was talking away to me.

How does everybody else feel about these kind of situations?

These people are all bleeping deranged. Does she think one of the school dads will try and dry hump her in the playground if she exchanges pleasantries with them?
How on earth do these people manage when they go outside?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I posted this on the last thread just before it closed. Is it true does anyone know?
This does ring a bell. They also definitely banned a user for lying about having an ill baby and then she turned up on one born every minute and the story was entirely true - the “errors” that had been leapt on was an upset mum who wasn’t a medical professional and had been launched unexpectedly into ill baby life not getting all the terms quite correct. That was the big one but there were a few around the same time and I do think it’s why MNHQ now go to the other extreme giving the benefit of the doubt.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
The problem with Claire is that I suppose it isn’t against talk guidelines to party all night with a two year old, send your fourteen year old five thousand miles away or not mention she’s an alcoholic, very probably because of the above! It just really grates because the OP put on such a saccharine version of events, darling mumsy devoted to her daughter. Ugh!

Reactions: 10
Ooh, I’ve never had a thread title before.

I’d like to thank Claire, Claire’s mum, Claire’s mum’s cousin, Claire’s surgeons and Claire’s nurses and anyone who knows Claire. Special mention goes to Becky and Hebe on MN! Couldn’t have done it without you guys!
🌸💐🌺🌹🕯etc, etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
To not engage with dads on the school run?
110 replies
OnlyaStateofMind · Today 17:58
The thing is i feel awkward talking to dads on the school run. If they start a conversation I don't mind brief pleasantries, but anything more than that and I'm worried to talk too much back; this is incase they get the wrong idea/or other people do. I prefer to talk to women as just have always had women as friends and not so much men (although men are very easy to talk to). I don't mind talking to a couple when they're together, but feel abit weird talking to a dad on his own.
I had an experience a couple of week ago where a dad I hadn't met before was very upbeat, and chatty and his wife who I'd briefly talked to before was stood quiet and miserable on mobile phone. I found this situation quite uncomfortable as they barely said a word to each other and the dad was talking away to me.

How does everybody else feel about these kind of situations?

These people are all bleeping deranged. Does she think one of the school dads will try and dry hump her in the playground if she exchanges pleasantries with them?
How on earth do these people manage when they go outside?
I love that this is the first reply:

Dayvi · Today 18:00
I always tried to take more of a step back from the dad's unless I knew / was friends with their wife / girlfriend. And then I'd be slightly more sociable.

A wise decision, Dayvi. No one wants to be known as ‘that husband-stealing PLAYGROUND bleep’ for seven years.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I posted this on the last thread just before it closed. Is it true does anyone know?
I do remember that poster actually and I believe she was genuine, she even posted a photo of her daughter. I suppose it is strange to be talking to strangers in the beginnings of grief, if my memory serves me well I think her husband was an hole and mumsnet was her support.

Reactions: 6
Thread from a poster who says she’s obese and needs to retrain her relationship with food - what should she be eating?
You can imagine the responses.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
So that is what Mr MF has been doing for the last 8 years and that's why we had to change schools 4 years ago.

Just dropping 3/2/1 children off at school is a completely outrageous idea.

Reactions: 7
No mention of Claire unfortunately but the post about a MN being accused of stealing a bag for life is worth 10 mins of your life, some poster tries to reassure OP that personally she is a worse person as she never pays and within a few lines you have that second person being held responsible for the state of the planet being awash with plastic and the high prices of goods in our stores these days!
but she was shaking and sobbing during such a traumatic event you know! :LOL: I’ll be sure to take a Tesco bag to sainsburys and vice Versa in future, otherwise it’ll be a case of “what are you doing time for?” “Well I had a crumpled bag for life that looked stolen/I didn’t scan my bag for life so security pinned me down until the police arrived”. It’s terrifying.

• Haha
I don't know how they cope with life. At the weekend I went to Boots, paid for my items and as I was leaving the Security alarm bleeped, the security guard came over and took my bag off me and checked everything against my receipt and we still couldnt find whay was setting the alarm off. Thank you sir. Thank you maam. Left the store and got on with my day. If I was a mumsnetter I would have been shaking n crying at being accused of shoplifting and I'd avoid all Boots store. As it was, I was polite to the security guard and went off to enjoy my lunch. Maybe I should sue Boots instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The cousin appearing is yet another massive red flag waving in MN's faces that they are totally ignoring I see.

I am shocked I've not been banned considering I kept sharing inconsistencies. I'd certainly argue MN into the ground that pointing out inaccuracies to prevent other posters literally being scammed doesn't qualify as troll hunting if they try it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The cousin appearing is yet another massive red flag waving in MN's faces that they are totally ignoring I see.

I am shocked I've not been banned considering I kept sharing inconsistencies. I'd certainly argue MN into the ground that pointing out inaccuracies to prevent other posters literally being scammed doesn't qualify as troll hunting if they try it.
If you’d just got in touch with long lost family after 50 years and it was because of a death, wouldn’t you spending your time and energy supporting your relatives instead of writing posts on an internet site to a bunch of randoms?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I suppose there’s no guarantee that the “cousin” isn’t someone trolling trying to make the OP look more fishy rather than the OP trying to back up her own story?

I suppose there’s no guarantee that the “cousin” isn’t someone trolling trying to make the OP look more fishy rather than the OP trying to back up her own story?
That’s a good point. Recently there was a troll who kept posting on threads pretending to be one of the other parties in a scenario, maybe they’re back?

I think the ‘fake cousin’ is commenting on the latest Clurr thread on MNTrolls now to try to add ballast to their stupid story. 🙄

Last edited:
I don't know how they cope with life. At the weekend I went to Boots, paid for my items and as I was leaving the Security alarm bleeped, the security guard came over and took my bag off me and checked everything against my receipt and we still couldnt find whay was setting the alarm off. Thank you sir. Thank you maam. Left the store and got on with my day. If I was a mumsnetter I would have been shaking n crying at being accused of shoplifting and I'd avoid all Boots store. As it was, I was polite to the security guard and went off to enjoy my lunch. Maybe I should sue Boots instead?

It's the labels with the glue stronger than Gorilla's finest - they've got metal behind them and the self service tills can't deactivate the things.

I am more surprised when I don't set the alarm off when leaving Boots', but all I do is stop and wait for the security guy to stroll over, he checks for something with the big label and then I go on my way - if he even bothers these days, he's been waving me through from his little podium if there isn't a manager in the vicinity for years now.

I do get irritated by the MNs who complain that they're being picked on because they're *insert characteristic here* (usually white female) - no love, it's either because you've got a buggy stuffed to the gills and everybody knows that in the hood and underneath the seat is where tit's put to steal it or you're wandering round with a high capacity, thick bag attached to the handle where it's easy as anything to slip in the most expensive stuff in the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.