Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So no new ADS for a while now.... how are they earning if no ADS? When was the last one?

Reactions: 1
Oh they don't pay tax?!!? That totally explains the large amount of disposable income. If I suddenly had 30% more I could relate to spending money like a drunken sailor.

Why don't the SNP do something about people avoiding tax? I hear terrible stories about education and public services in Scotland and how bad their finances are.
It sounds like oil admin workers earn the same as London fiance admin workers. With houses so expensive in Aberdeen that must just suck up so much of the money.

Reactions: 5
Then you have people who see this (and swallow the hidden ads from floggers), who end up spending money they don’t have to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t like.
Yes I know. That’s why I don’t understand why the floggers are not regulated, as it’s about time they were. It’s so sneaky the way it’s being done, pretending to be your friend, oh we are here to help relate to other young mums at home struggling with the Same issues as us.....utter rubbish. They are only there to pretend they are your friend to flog you items you don’t need or can afford. That’s whats so wrong with our world, it’s always oh look at me, look what I have. You should have pride in who you are because of the person you are, not what possessions you have in life. We all came into this world the same and will depart the same. People look up to others wanting to be them yet can’t do it. The only people we should be looking up to are the people there working to help others and wanting to help others get on in life, not people wanting to fleece you of hard earned cash.

Reactions: 8
So no new ADS for a while now.... how are they earning if no ADS? When was the last one?
She was doing 3 a day at times, that's going to pay the mortgage during these lean times. Marketing budgets are tapped out at this time of year.

Her no January spend is because there's very little for her to flog in January. Valentine's and Easter budgets start just about the end of this month. Funny that ;)

Reactions: 4
Lurker long time but how can Aberdeen have that many rich oil people? Lee was just a roustabout on not much, that's why they lived in a shared ownership house.

There can't be that many high paid people in the oil industry espically as drilling is said to be at an all time low and it's highly mechanised.

It's it just like London where a few thousand make big money and the rest are on normal money struggling to keep their head above water. I know people with a flashy car and a big house, but the house is interest only and the car is rented. They are very cash poor and struggle now so will be fcuked if interest rates rise.
They are not all in that situation. You have the people who started in the oil and a bit older than Lee and started with the smaller house when prices were low and sold them for a profit and then moved on up the property ladder. One of our children at 21 after leaving uni was making £80,000 a year in oil and has worked his way up too. Some of our family are accountants in the oil industry. Another two are just heading off to America for the next couple of years to live, and on contract with their work and moving the family too. Another couple just home from living in Dubai. But it not like that for everyone I know. So many have lost their jobs. But you just see the number of new mansions being built in the area to see it’s still ok for a lot of them. Like Rebecca’s father they too have spent their money wisely and that’s how they are in a good position today. The fishermen in our family it’s been generations of fishing and they made their money in the 70s when the fishing industry was booming and they are all comfortble now, and then you have the bigger fishing boats that only fish for certain months of the year, their crew are on great money.

Re the oil and gas salary, you have two strands. The ‘execs’ who are highly paid / work overseas etc and then those (like lee) who would earn much more offshore than in a ‘normal’ job.

A roustabout requires no formal qualifications except the likes of offshore survival. The pay takes into account the long (2 or 3 week) hitches, and a bit of ‘danger’ money. If lee had a job onshore it would likely be minimum wage or similar. Hopefully the new stuff he is doing will increase his wage.

Therefore much of the Aberdeen ‘oil money’ is people with earning power much higher than they would get anywhere else in the county purely because its offshore. They are often the ones with the flashy cars (may not be owned) and seen splashing the cash. Obviously the really loaded ones do too ?

Reactions: 6
Oh they don't pay tax?!!? That totally explains the large amount of disposable income. If I suddenly had 30% more I could relate to spending money like a drunken sailor.

Why don't the SNP do something about people avoiding tax? I hear terrible stories about education and public services in Scotland and how bad their finances are.
It sounds like oil admin workers earn the same as London fiance admin workers. With houses so expensive in Aberdeen that must just suck up so much of the money.
I think it’s because technically it’s still legal to do that? Accountants used to advise this ?, it really is keeping up with the Jones’s in areas like Banchory, must be stressful being a sheep.
As far as education and public services, at my kids schools the classes aren’t over crowded and they have iPads in every classroom, and can always get doctors appointments same day for the kids.
There is also lots more dentists with NHS spaces/availability now.
Roads can be bad with potholes etc, but think it understandable with how much worse the weather can be up here.
As far as the oil industry it’s settled down by all accounts, far less redundancies.
Was speaking to someone in HR about it in a oil company and she said that some that had been on the hundred grand wages literally had to had back Jeeps and Range Rovers and were loosing their homes as no savings. Desperate to keep their homes but totally stretched finances and school fees etc. So sad but I was taught to live life within your means

Thank you for the oil industry information. Makes sense, lots of the people that would be on nmw and struggle to live in other parts of the UK are earning good money up there.
All sounds so classless this outdoing the Jones and somewhere that's like the only way is Essex on steroids must be ghastly to live in, even if half the people are normal. It does explain why Rebecca is so grabby and out of touch and will advertise anything.

Did I miss her articulating the fact that the children’s involvement would be reduced or has that just been gleaned from what we’ve seen? If she did announce that, where and what did she say?
I didn see it as I’m choosing not to watch her ( but I can’t give up Tattle ?) so m just going by what was said on here, but did she actually say she’s limiting the girls? Anyone know?

Reactions: 2
I'm not sure what her husband does, whether it be oil or not, but she has always led a life of luxury, even at school so well before meeting her partner.
I just thourght she lived Aberdeen way but never seen her with reb.
She has met up with mummy monologue.
I admire she has time be so glam with a baby

She seems more new money flashy than muddy mummy.

I think NJ’s dad / parents are loaded. I have seen her Instagram before and everything the kid wears is personalised! Not sure what the hubby does

The glamness is admirable, I'm lucky if I've the chance to brush my hair really but I suppose I could make the time if I really wanted to!!
This girl is actually quite nice in comparison to what I know of Mrs M, and shes not flogging shite haha.
I tend to avoid the social media girls that are all about Marbella, Dubai, jumping on the bandwagon fashion trends etc. It's such an unsustainable lifestyle and like you all say, sheeplike? Like why do you have to go to Marbs every year? Do you even like it? It's so expensive and full of posers and plastic surgery. Travel somewhere else, where the rich or pretend rich haven't driven up the prices!

(Do excuse me I feel I've had a bit of an unnecessary rant ?)

Reactions: 3
I think NJ’s dad / parents are loaded. I have seen her Instagram before and everything the kid wears is personalised! Not sure what the hubby does
I think her and Mummy Monologue (Tanya) are friends outwith Instagram.
As for being friends with Reb it seems apparent that she doesn't have anything to do with aspiring local vloggers, maybe sees herself above them. It's also interesting to see since the DLP fiasco she's not tagged in things from other vloggers, and I haven't seen her doing or mentioned in any follow friday tags etc. I think her reputation preceeds her now.

Reactions: 5
Oil wife here and some of the viewpoints are funny [emoji23][emoji85]

My husband is away for 6 months of the year but we certainly pay tax. The only way to avoid that would potentially to be self employed and apply for contracts as a contractor. Even then, it would be difficult to organise not paying tax. I highly doubt Lee in his capacity would be in enough demand to be taken on as a contractor, so he would have been employed by a UK based company and paid wages accordingly on PAYE.

If his position was an unqualified one then he probably made 10k or so over the onshore rate which is why he got so cold footed over the ‘helicopter incident’ - he seems a bit chicken hearted. Add that to the fact the guys offshore probably couldn’t stand him either.

Reactions: 15

Haha I can assure you that the girls insta page you just shared is NOT a rich oil wife!!! Too funny. I think he’s a roustabout position offshore too - just works away abroad so earns danger money!
I understand she portrays an expensive lifestyle but is actually living in a 1/2 bed (help to buy scheme too) flat in a not so good area of Aberdeen.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that at all however I cringe when people try and make out they something they are not. Also - re muddy mummy! I think she is in an altogether different league!

Reactions: 6
Muddy Mummy follows people on Instagram so they follow her back and then unfollows them, I think that is the most desperate of all. Who has time for that? Unless it's done via a follower app, I don't know. I've never followed her but got a notification one day saying she'd followed me she liked a couple photos of mine. Needless to say I didn't follow her back. She unfollowed. Little grab hands looking for followers.

Reactions: 7
Yes I know. That’s why I don’t understand why the floggers are not regulated, as it’s about time they were. It’s so sneaky the way it’s being done, pretending to be your friend, oh we are here to help relate to other young mums at home struggling with the Same issues as us.....utter rubbish. They are only there to pretend they are your friend to flog you items you don’t need or can afford. That’s whats so wrong with our world, it’s always oh look at me, look what I have. You should have pride in who you are because of the person you are, not what possessions you have in life. We all came into this world the same and will depart the same. People look up to others wanting to be them yet can’t do it. The only people we should be looking up to are the people there working to help others and wanting to help others get on in life, not people wanting to fleece you of hard earned cash.
Couldn't agree more. I've never been one for keeping up with the Jones's and am the type that's happy for friends and my family's success. I have a fulfilled life and enjoy following you tubers cos I'm interested in other people, their lives and love a hack! I've only gone on IG in the last 6-8 months because so many you tubers were saying 'over in stories' blah blah. But it's a pretty dull and false filtered world in IG I feel.

Maybe I'm just too old or not gullible enough of just plain HAPPY in my own life? In that short time I've been there some if the you tubers I follow have just become 1 big advert Rebecca being the worst, sadly she gives nothing to me now in terms of a follower nowadays, everything I enjoyed about her channels has gradually been taken away by her. I fast forward ads in my telly life so why would I want to watch constant crap whilst scrolling?

Some of these ' influencers 'are no more than modern day peddlers, not knocking on your door but already IN your home. They should be held accountable yet many and (Mrs M appears an extreme example) seem to think they are above the guidance in advertising, lack morals and sincerity and are happy to contribute to some people feeling inadequate or less than perfect. There's so much spoken about mental health and social media's contribution nowadays it's obviously connected.

I think we should keep this thread to Meldrum as this young woman is not a vlogger or peddler. However looking at her IG she is beautiful and has a wonderful life which like many using IG it's shown off to great artistic affect, good luck to her. Her life doesn't interest me, I'm probably old enough to be her mother, that's why! Peers must see IG like this and say wtf is wrong with me! With the greatest respect to her, her grid is the type you wouldn't see real life being posted, no baby sick or sleepless nights but that's the world many young people want to aspire to, want to see and many post about. I blame celebrity for that. Scarily though, in the few moments since you introduced her to us, I can see where she works, I know her father has the sand name as a retired GP and she probably went to school with mummy monologues. ? It's terrifying how much people put out there without thinking. If anyone learns anything from this PLEASE be careful! ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.