Mrs Meldrum #13 Unlucky For Lee, Public Figure No More, He's Been Binned With The Tree.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don't get why living in a shared equity house was so embarrassing for her. Surely any normal person just wants to provide their family with a safe home. Who cares if its owned, rented or anything else. I thought her last house was lovely and plenty big enough for their family.

Someone needs to get her to understand that money, stuff and big houses don't make you happy. Being content with what you have is all you need.
Agree. But between the area she lives in and the keeping up with the Jones mob then the instamums she's stuck between a rock and a hard place. She's grown up on a pedestal, she wants the lifestyle maintained!

Reactions: 3
Did someone mention a poll on the worst YT family or similar? Where can I find the Poll's section on Tattle? ?⬅??

I have this feeling that Reb [in particular, more so than Lee] wanted this kind of ‘rich’ and flashy lifestyle but they simply do not have the means for it and it’s all going to catch up with them soon, I have no doubt about this. I actually think that they go to sleep every night wondering how much longer they can afford to pay their bills with her channel. Mom and dad will need to pitch in even more. The amount of recent ADs she’s been doing is proof of their desperation.

Reactions: 12
Banchory is full of folk like that but a lot of Aberdeen /shire is. Blame the oil and the oil wives mafia for that! However, equally its full of really lovely people, who've lived in the village for a long while and those newer who are regular folks with families, I have friends there in both categories. Every town has fur coat nae drawers types round here don't you think? ?
It sure does have that type in every town.

Reactions: 1
Banchory is full of folk like that but a lot of Aberdeen /shire is. Blame the oil and the oil wives mafia for that! However, equally its full of really lovely people, who've lived in the village for a long while and those newer who are regular folks with families, I have friends there in both categories. Every town has fur coat nae drawers types round here don't you think? ?
I live in another shire village and can confirm there are a few like that here too ? I'm an O&G wife but I don't hang at kippie lodge (is this even still the place to be seen ?) I don't drive an evoque, I don't have a fur coat and I definitely wear knickers ??

Reactions: 18
I'm not Scottish or any links to oil industry.

We have some nouveux flashy wealthy people here so definatly everywhere.

Are they bad enough in the shire to have their own real life housewives.

Is being oil wife strange.
Have oil wives always been like this
As rebs mum was oil wife
Then reb

Now they not part if oil industry unless reb still a director if dads company their income is social media.

Do their freinds all have normal jobs?
None if her freinds seem hugely rich.

Reactions: 5
I'm not Scottish or any links to oil industry.

We have some nouveux flashy wealthy people here so definatly everywhere.

Are they bad enough in the shire to have their own real life housewives.

Is being oil wife strange.
Have oil wives always been like this
As rebs mum was oil wife
Then reb

Now they not part if oil industry unless reb still a director if dads company their income is social media.

Do their freinds all have normal jobs?
None if her freinds seem hugely rich.
Coming from a fishing/oil background at one side of the family certainly yes the higher up the ladder the man goes in his oil career the worse the wives become. I’ve family that go to New York for the kids clothes, prom dresses from trip New York purchased as want to be the best. if they see someone with the same high end vehicle as theirs in the street it has to be changed as how could they live with someone having the same as them. The properties being built in the area it’s a case of the bigger the better and the 3 high end cars parked outside and the Chelsea tractors depsite not having the need for those in town. You only have to see how the kids are dressed for school, it’s like something out of the only way is Essex. Yet the other side farming can too be the same. All competing to be the best farmer out there. When you strip it all down it’s crazy what they are doing to compete

Coming from a fishing/oil background at one side of the family certainly yes the higher up the ladder the man goes in his oil career the worse the wives become. I’ve family that go to New York for the kids clothes, prom dresses from trip New York purchased as want to be the best. if they see someone with the same high end vehicle as theirs in the street it has to be changed as how could they live with someone having the same as them. The properties being built in the area it’s a case of the bigger the better and the 3 high end cars parked outside and the Chelsea tractors depsite not having the need for those in town. You only have to see how the kids are dressed for school, it’s like something out of the only way is Essex. Yet the other side farming can too be the same. All competing to be the best farmer out there. When you strip it all down it’s crazy what they are doing to compete
Then you have people who see this (and swallow the hidden ads from floggers), who end up spending money they don’t have to buy things they don’t need to impress people they don’t like.

Reactions: 11
Isn’t it crazy how people try and out do each other? Madness!!! I suppose I’m coming at this from a different view as I’ve adopted a minimal lifestyle over the last few years, I can hand on heart say I have zero jealousy over her free gifts she receives, as the thought of that amount of tat landing on my doorstep week in week out makes me shudder! My life is calmer, I’m in competition with nobody, my bank balance is healthy, I have downsized my Home and live mortgage free. My car is as eco friendly as possible. The whole sheep mentality makes me despair at times, how they all follow these ‘influencers’ without question, probably spending money they don’t have. Biggest mistake the Doldrums have made imo is moving. They could’ve bought more ownership in their house, I think it went to 80/90%. Think they will ultimately regret the financial pressure and time commitment the new house will have on them. I will say though, if she sticks to her plan of keeping the kids off line much more then good on her! The odd photo shoot for an AD I understand ( I wouldn’t do it but that’s my choice) but I really hope S and F especially are now very limited. Lee I hope gets a job that allows him time away from little Miss Stroppy Knicks!

Reactions: 11
Did I miss her articulating the fact that the children’s involvement would be reduced or has that just been gleaned from what we’ve seen? If she did announce that, where and what did she say?

Reactions: 5
Lurker long time but how can Aberdeen have that many rich oil people? Lee was just a roustabout on not much, that's why they lived in a shared ownership house.

There can't be that many high paid people in the oil industry espically as drilling is said to be at an all time low and it's highly mechanised.

It's it just like London where a few thousand make big money and the rest are on normal money struggling to keep their head above water. I know people with a flashy car and a big house, but the house is interest only and the car is rented. They are very cash poor and struggle now so will be fcuked if interest rates rise.

Reactions: 6
Lurker long time but how can Aberdeen have that many rich oil people? Lee was just a roustabout on not much, that's why they lived in a shared ownership house.

There can't be that many high paid people in the oil industry espically as drilling is said to be at an all time low and it's highly mechanised.

It's it just like London where a few thousand make big money and the rest are on normal money struggling to keep their head above water. I know people with a flashy car and a big house, but the house is interest only and the car is rented. They are very cash poor and struggle now so will be fcuked if interest rates rise.
I know right?! Didn’t know that in Scotland people could be that rich??‍♀and the competition with each other is quite nauseating?

Long time lurker you say, but it says you joined 12 minutes ago, or that doesn’t mean anything?

Reactions: 2
I know right?! Didn’t know that in Scotland people could be that rich??‍♀and the competition with each other is quite nauseating?

Long time lurker you say, but it says you joined 12 minutes ago, or that doesn’t mean anything?
You can read threads without joining. That's what I did.

Reactions: 12

A lot of people, offshore workers at least, plan their schedule so they are out of the country enough to avoid paying tax. This mightn’t be a general truth but certainly is in the circles we run in. This means that even sitting on 50k (graduate starting salary in drilling or Chem eng) means a take home of 50k.

Recently I looked at an admin job as reception in a firm and it was 35k starting salary.

My friends often said I’d earn more as a photocopier in a firm than what I did previously ??

I have a family member in his mid twenties, came out of school with no qualifications and is now earning 90k a year at Shell ??‍♀

Reactions: 1

Additionally, drilling has deceased but decommissioning of rigs is still needed. And a lot of firms are still doing seismic work off Africa/Asia looking for more ??

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.