Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zando93

I was a follower of Mrs Hinch for a good few months and I’ve actually realised what she’s about. So glad I found this page, it’s been a real eye opener and put everything about her into perspective!

Reactions: 21
M

Member 5148

Hi, I'm new and this is my first post so am a bit nervous. Joined here from the link on mrshinch's tweet tonight. She has mentioned haters on Instagram and I didn't know what she meant as I never see any comments on there so I guess she means here? I started following her fairly recently as I was off work with depression and feeling very lonely. To be honest, it helped. Her stories brightened my days and I think I wanted that perfect house / life that she has. I guessed she would get gifts from companies she mentioned but believed she was only sharing things she uses and they would be grateful. Guess I'm pretty thick as didn't know she gets paid. Does she really? Anyway I guess I'm a bit sucked in, I do follow her tips and have bought a few (quite a few) of the gadgets and products. My anxiety is worse than ever now cos I'm spending money I don't really have, husband is losing patience with my absolute obsession with trying to keep house looking and smelling like a show home - it doesn't by the way. And I'm genuinely worried my curtains are gonna fall apart with all the stuff I'm spraying on them. I know that sounds like a feeble attempt at a joke but it honestly isn't. I'm sure you all think I'm stupid but no need to tell me, I feel crappy enough anyway. And the saddest bit is I know if I stop following her there will just be this void - how pathetic hey. Sorry for long post but thanks for listening. Just thought I'd throw some light on what the appeal is. (jeez I nearly ended with All The Best ?)
Hiya and welcome ?
You aren't stupid at all and I think it's brilliant that you've seen the light ?. I think what you've said will ring bells with an awful lot of people. Don't be too hard on yourself. We're not saying don't watch her, we're saying just be aware and that you don't need a Narnia, or 20 bottles of the same thing. You don't need to clean your loo so frequently, you don't need all the shit she buys from eBay. You don't need to be perfect. You don't need cleaning baskets strewn around the house or a ridiculously expensive Hoover. The environment doesn't need the chemicals or the plastic. Hinchers don't need to spend their money on copious amounts of stuff they don't need.
If she was more honest it would be better.
Same if she didn't try and hide the #ad so you can't see it. If she told you how much £££ she was making from each swipe up that would sit better with me.
You're not alone, you should congratulate yourself for seeing though the bullshit. You can still watch her - we all do - just be aware and don't get roped in too much. Come and vent here if you feel yourself slipping ?
You should be proud of yourself - your message was fab and you've seen the light... It's all good! Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart

whatweallthink

It really fucks me off when people say “you’re in control of your own spending” “no one is forcing you to buy it” “be an adult and don’t buy it if you can’t afford it”

Oh my god. How narrowminded is this?

Be very grateful that you’re not one to be infuenced by someone who is paid to be an INFLUENCER. What is Mrs Hinch’s job? A cleaner? No. An entrepreneur? No. A hairdresser? No. She is an influencer, she is paid to advertise. End of.

With that job and the responsibility of it requires honesty and transparency.

How many of you were pissed off you were missold PPI? “It wasn’t my fault I had PPI, I wasn’t told about it, no one informed me, I don’t know about all them rules”

Same as 49 year old Linda who is sat in a pig sty because she’s suffering a shitty time in her life who has seen the light because of Mrs Hinch. Linda hasn’t been studying the dummies guide to the ASA regulations it’s not her fault no one told her what #aff means.

Just because you wise enough to know Instagram is a job and there’s a high chance someone is being paid it really doesn’t mean everyone else does escpecially when it isn’t declared openly and informatively.

Gobshites

• Heart

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member
Bore off with the sph20nge! It’s an AD but you just put Gifted, Sophie. Then the websites insta posting straight away ‘we’ve been hinched bear with us’ it’s so obvious you’re just trying to drum up business/hype! Stick your sponge up your arse mate :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Haha

vodkandcokeplz

Chatty Member

Anyone can look attractive with filters hun. I’m not saying she’s ugly either but we certainly aren’t jealous of Sophie’s real face. Ty and ??

• Haha
  • Wow
I don't understand the real housewifes post, I'm confused? Is she bashing hinch', because that post looks to me like she's a hincher?

Sorry, I don't know who she is or follow her so unsure!
I believe she's an ex-Hincher, like myself and quite a few others here. So glad we've seen the light, and I hope lots more people will too.

Reactions: 20
I'm a newbie here and I'm engrossed so far in all the discussions about Hinch & everything I'm reading is exactly what I've been thinking since I first set eyes on her Instagram last September !

• Heart

ChloChlo

VIP Member
Think I've found my new place to offload. Great forum.

I was banned for the final time from the Mrs Hinch group with a permanent BLOCK for saying therealhousewideofherts was fab 🤣🤣🤣

Like I say where else am I going to get my daily hit of weird women crying into their Minkys, declaring divorcing their partners because he dared to use a sponge to clean with.

The film Single White Female springs to mind when I see most posts in that group 😋🤣😋

• Haha
  • Heart

whatweallthink

Thought I’d have my tea then find the strength to come back and post.

Honestly where do you start with this?
The actual Hinchers are barmpots, they’re divided into 3 types: the general normal people who watch her, enjoy her but don’t buy into the craze because they’re wise to the fact all of that shit isn’t actually needed (minority), there’s the people who just love it, they know she makes a fortune but they just love her so they’re okay with the fact she makes money and they lose money bur still thing they’re “in this together” (these are the ones that create this craze and refuse to believe vulnerable people are being rinsed) and lastly there is the vulnerable people which honestly breaks my heart that they think they need this lifestyle, yes the Hinch might of got them off their backsides and give them a kick up the bum but because of that happiness they feel Hinch has provided them with a new lease of life they have put their trust in her and buy everything she links and that’s were self esteems and money issues come into play when they can’t sustain it.

My mum is an example of saying “oooh look at what Mrs Hinch has just bought they’d be good wouldn’t they?” Then I explain she makes money from this my mum is like “it doesn’t say that” my mum is a bright woman, not vulnerable and soon said fuck off when she realised but she was so naively thinking “oh is that good/nice/helpful” because ads aren’t disclosed properly or because of Hinch’s let’s be best mates behaviour, Instagram is a photo/video sharing platform first and formemost so to say people like I.e my mum shouldn’t be using it because they don’t understand ASA social media regulations is a load of bollocks.

It’s a business and good on her for making a living out of it because 1000’s of people do the same but you have to be honest and transparent. It’s lower than selling laxative bubble shite inducing tea in my eyes.

I could say more but I’d be here all night.

• Heart
Wow. Reading this as an outsider I am shocked and appalled.

First of all, Sophie is under NO obligation to share her finances with anyone, why don’t you share how much you earn on your stories? Thought not.

It’s quite normal for influencers with over 30k followers to do affiliate links let alone 2 million followers. I think you just presume people don’t realise but actually in the last 4/5 months she has put AD on every swipe up, even some stories where she’s just spraying something.

Sophie doesn’t need to put AD if something is just gifted. If she gets something for free it doesn’t mean she’s earning money from it. And when she is earning money she does put AD.

She 100% mentioned her anxiety from the early days, I remember seeing stories in the summer where she would say how she can’t believe she has helped people with mental health as she has suffered herself with mental health problems and been through anxiety herself. She didn’t even show her face for months it was all from behind the camera. She started showing her face around the time she got married. You don’t know what someone is going through and threads like this could be so detremental. I’d also like to add that people can appear confident and still have anxiety. Not everyone’s anxiety is the same.
Today alone, we were shown stories of a basket of Kellogg’s products as well as multiple stories about the overpriced sponge, all missing the legally required #gifted. I've got the screenshots hun

Reactions: 19

WellJenelle

VIP Member
It's just so odd. She has no food in the kitchen apart from weird shop bought pies or nacho ingredients. Oh other sweets. Her cupboards are all full of cleaning stuff, no pots and pans. There's no personal items at all in the bedrooms or bathroom. No photos besides the wedding one? Really really suspicious. Even genuine OCD cleaners have some personal "stuff" in their homes... and food.

If she’s just a cleaning account, minding her own business etc.. why does she have a management team? If my Instagram blew up suddenly and I had a lot of followers I wouldn’t dream of having management. I’d just be me and be grateful for others liking my account.
Also she NEVER mentions how well she is doing out of it financially. If we're really all in this together maybe she could give all her Hinchers shares in her company.... ??

• Haha
She never even does giveaways. Imagine how completely thrilled her Hinchers would be to win a basket of cleaning supplies and a handwritten note from her, it would make their week. She's one of the most selfish influencers I have ever come across, and that's saying something given that being completely self absorbed is pretty much a prerequisite of being an influencer.
Bet you once her management have read this they will suggest the Hinch does a giveaway!

The screenshots from mxhomes conversation with Sophie are up:

Why is Sophie referring to herself as a "29 year old girl" 😂 she's a fully grown woman!

• Haha
  • Wow