Mrs Hinch #29 Gretal keeps 'itching and your persona is glitching

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s not a cleaner and never has been . She sprinkles, sprays and pours chemicals all over her house in return for payment from a massive company.

She’d brick herself if she had to deal with end of tenancy filth and grime.

She’s pulled the wool over the eyes of so many yet she’s not fit to clean the shoes of hard working women who clean and really know what they’re doing, deal with filth as part of their daily job with none of the rewards that Hinch enjoys.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I could be wrong, but wasn’t this the same situation with the side of toilet shaker unit. I think she brought them from Argos but would always link to the Argos shop on eBay? I could be wrong?

Theall_roundmum who although is clearly a big Hinch fan did a post earlier about not being happy about companies exploiting The hinch craze by raising their prices. Those “to do list” pads are selling for £20 and and she showed she got one for £2.99 from Ryman. Also the above mentioned shaker unit that has since been out of stock, she showed available in B&M for £12.99 and looks virtually identical.
She originally got it from b&m, not Argos.
Then on another clip she said she couldn’t get it in Argos so looked at eBay but was too expensive, then conveniently next clip someone told her b&m did them... which she knew as she got them from there. 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Totally unrelated but in light of all finding out you are all Scots 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿- do any of you watch Outlander. If response is yes, I will totally start a separate thread to discuss lol 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤😍

She originally got it from b&m, not Argos.
Then on another clip she said she couldn’t get it in Argos so looked at eBay but was too expensive, then conveniently next clip someone told her b&m did them... which she knew as she got them from there. 🙄
Ohh sorry, my bad! I get confused with so many products and so many different places she buys things. Thanks for clarifying 😊

Reactions: 9
Totally unrelated but in light of all finding out you are all Scots 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿- do any of you watch Outlander. If response is yes, I will totally start a separate thread to discuss lol 😂🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤😍

Ohh sorry, my bad! I get confused with so many products and so many different places she buys things. Thanks for clarifying 😊

I don’t what’s it about ? I’ve heard a lot about it ?

Reactions: 3
She’s going to get blocked 3 2 1
Someone commented saying "didnt she say she bought it from Ebay but argos sells it too " it literally says on the link she bought it at argos ... even if its argos on Ebay.. you would just say Ebay wouldn't ye 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I’m not really into bashing her for her image or whatever, if she has had work done and things that’s up to her, I think she’s a pretty girl. Not going to ever think anything of her friends or lack of or the time she spends with her mum, takes all sorts to be honest, every ones different.

Also not really for me to question why she might act certain ways even though she says she has anxiety, I don’t know much about the condition but I appreciate it probably is for a psychiatrist to break that down and understand what gets to some people.

I am not yet sure on my stance on her as a sales person, I have worked in sales myself and know when your mortgage payment depends on it you can become a different person, if its your job you just do it. I suppose this is not fair if its not disclosed someone is in it just to ‘sell’. There’s some pretty successful people out there just for ‘sales’ that are open and honest about it so I don’t really see how any of this fits with ASA guidelines if you aren’t open with the fact you’re for ‘sales’ and make up a whole persona to fool people that’s where a line is crossed. At least I wore a name badge with my job title on.

So,
My real beef with all this is,
Damage to the environment, Mrs Hinch is basically the total opposite of all the good work many people out there are doing at the moment trying to get us to reduce plastic waste and the use of chemicals. As fast as that movement gains ground she and her followers are undoing everything. Not once have I heard her acknowledge waste / recycling / reducing chemical cleaners. This is a point raised many times to her and not once has she acknowledged that criticism. If you’re going to be an influencer (or a secret sales fibber) you need to answer this. We now know she is happy to speak out about trolls and mum shaming, why not this?

Finally, some of her tips have been outed as dangerous. One that springs to mind is the use of diluted fabric softener on soft furnishings and how this can make them very flammable. This will have been brought to her attention, she also doesn’t seem do it any more but I have never once heard her retract her advise and ask others to stop doing it. What will happen if an awful fire ruins someone’s life and says “I just followed Mrs Hinch”. Everyone makes mistakes, fair enough if when she was spraying it everywhere she didn’t know it was dangerous but now she does I don’t agree with leaving it up to everyone else to right the damage she has caused and explain the dangers. I see many other influencers posting it on their story when they were never the ones to do it in the first place!!!

Sorry that was so long, rant over. And breathe.
I first found this place because I wasn concerned about her environmental impact and at that time I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. Lots of people on her and her supporters will say ‘so what if she’s selling stuff, no one forces anyone to buy it’. I used to agree, I thought anyone who buys stuff they don’t need, that’s on them.

But not everyone is like me, some people are more vulnerable than others. There’s a very good reason why there are a whole host of rules and regulations in place about what you can advertise, who you can advertise it to, what you have to disclose etc. Because companies are ruthless. Without rules they will say and do anything to make you buy their products. I must admit I’d got complacent. I knew there were protections in place so when Mrs Hinch was telling me she was just the anxious girl whose insta blew up and she’s just sharing what she knew, I believed it. Because I thought she wouldn’t be allowed to lie and advertise without disclosure. What I didn’t know is that the rules haven’t kept pace with changes in social media. They will, but they haven’t yet.

Think of it this way, you’re looking for a recommendation for something, be it a cleaning product, car, builder, anything really so you ask your trusted friends. They give you a recommendation and you trust them so you assume they’ve used it, would back it and wouldn’t give you a bum steer. How would you then feel if you found out that your ‘trusted friend’ actually had no idea how the product/service worked or even worse thought it was utter tit but recommended it to you anyway because they got a cut of the sale? Wouldn’t you want to know they just might have an ulterior motive?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Another Scot here 🙋🏼‍♀️ East Lothian.
To clear cookies on iPhone go into settings then click on safari and then clear website data I think it is

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.