Mrs Hinch #2 Snapchat Filters And Cleaning The Bog, All Those Chemicals Are Killing The Dog.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I also meant to say it was lovely to read all the positive messages after my tantrum last night. It made me give my head a wobble and come back down to real life. So happy I found this group [emoji3590]
I haven't been here long but this forum is like a little community of its own. I love seeing all the regulars look out for each other, can't wait to have been here long enough to be part of that. You guys are great [emoji3531]

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Open the bleeping windows!

Indoor air is often 4 times more polluted than outside.

Airing your house every day seems like a lost art
I do this everyday; open the windows, pull back the covers... other half has never heard of this!

Reactions: 7
Does anybody know if the wax melts are safe for animals? I’ve always used the electric warmers and I like the perfume dupe scents in my bedroom. But earlier I just happened to kiss my cat’s head and could smell the perfume so strongly from him it was as if I’d sprayed him with it! It’s worrying me now that it could be bad for them to breathe in. I do always buy soy wax if that makes any difference

Reactions: 1
Does anybody know if the wax melts are safe for animals? I’ve always used the electric warmers and I like the perfume dupe scents in my bedroom. But earlier I just happened to kiss my cat’s head and could smell the perfume so strongly from him it was as if I’d sprayed him with it! It’s worrying me now that it could be bad for them to breathe in. I do always buy soy wax if that makes any difference
I have a dog and Scentsy warmers/wax and she is ok, no problems at all.

The last few days I've been trying to find a book that my nan gave me. She has it forever, before giving to me and I can't find it ? Basically its a book that has over 1000 tips on cleaning. Its very much aimed at a 1950's housewife (as that was the demographic it was produced for) BUT the tips and tricks are amazing! I have lived on my own since I was 16 and this book was my go to. From getting stains out the carpets, to natural odour killers, how to return a burnt pan to brand new, how to get out deodorant stains/odours, bin cleaning etc. all with the most basic cleanign products I would rather this was brought back into publication with a modern twist rather than Mrs Hinch. I can just imagine how her book goes....

How To clean your bathroom - Well Hinchers, first off, get down to your local budget store (I would recomment B&M, Wilko, £Stretcher, because they are #AFF) and all you need to buy is Cif cream cleaner, Cif bathroom wipes, Cif Stainless Steel cleaner (for the taps), three different varieties of limescale remover , Stardrops White Vinegar Spray, Harpic Pine Toilet Gel, Harpic Toilet Tablets, Duck Pine Toilet Strips, Bloo Foam Aroma (to be dropped into toilet bowl from a great height, resulting in you ingesting the cloud of Powder <Side Note - this is good for you and will make your insides sparkling>), Cloth babies - Minkey (you may need to purchase for £99+ on ebay #ad #aff), Buddy (to polish the rads), Kermit (to shine the toilet flush and taps), Flash Bathroom (pour half the bottle into the bath...perhaps add some bleach and leave - this is called a bleach bath), Astonish Mould & Mildrew Spray (for any tiled areas), Astonish Window & Glass (accompanied by Kermit) for shower screen and windows, ZOFLORA (toilet brush, down the toilet, down the sink plug and add to your bleach bath, Lenor (to mix in a spray bottle with water) to spray your towels with.
OTHER ITEMS NEEDED (NOT FROM BUDGET STORES) - Shark hoover, shark handheld hoover (for hard to reach areas), THIS IS THE ONLY BRAND THAT WILL DO THE JOB - Don't worry if you cant feed your family for a few weeks - beans on toast for weeks won't kill you), Vileda Spray Mop to use prior to...Steam Mop. Prior to all this use Cif Floor Wipes. You will also need to purchase stamp online of your household initial to pixie stamp your toilet roll (please see the next chapter of my book for this exciting step)

To Clean....just follow the instructions on the side of all of the above BUT be sure to quadruple the dosages they give you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
A cats senses of smell is supposed to be around 14 times stronger than a humans so imagine your wax melts smelling 14 times stronger than they do to you and that's what your cat is smelling. There are some essential oils that are poisonous to cats to, but even the non poisonous ones still release VOCS into the air that are harmful to pet and human health

Reactions: 2
A cats senses of smell is supposed to be around 14 times stronger than a humans so imagine your wax melts smelling 14 times stronger than they do to you and that's what your cat is smelling. There are some essential oils that are poisonous to cats to, but even the non poisonous ones still release VOCS into the air that are harmful to pet and human health
Omg you’re saying that and I’ve just remembered my cat had an upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago, so that could be linked. I’m gonna have to take my bedroom warmer away as that’s where they all sleep unless the fire is lit ?

Hey Tattlers, I so hope I don't offend too many of you but I just had to share this. Currently moving house so it's all chaotic but I saw this and obviously you know who immediately popped into my head! ?? I had to share. Not really had much time to post and I've not seen any Insta but I've been keeping up with your posts with the odd tea break! Seeing as she think Champneys is soooo posh, I'd say this post is quite apt! ? ??

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg you’re saying that and I’ve just remembered my cat had an upper respiratory infection a few weeks ago, so that could be linked. I’m gonna have to take my bedroom warmer away as that’s where they all sleep unless the fire is lit ?
As pets cant tell us why they're not feeling well it's better to air on the side of caution so I think you're doing the right thing an giving them a room that's not scented to sleep in. (My theory as to why cats often don't like sleeping in their blankets after they've bedn washed is because the don't like the smell from the washing powder, so fragrance free products are best for cats and dogs)

Reactions: 3
Anything that releases chemical fragrances in the air are bad for health of humans and animals alike. Period. Even unlit candles release toxic chemicals, believe it or not.

I breathe fresh air. the end.

Reactions: 3
Anything that releases chemical fragrances in the air are bad for health of humans and animals alike. Period. Even unlit candles release toxic chemicals, believe it or not.

I breathe fresh air. the end.
Same, I had all the upstairs windows open today and it was bloody lovely after a winter of only having them shut or open a crack. Fresh air is the best smell ever!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve been lurking for ages and only made an account to post the fact that she read the ‘dorgeous’ comment from earlier.. she mentioned it in her post a couple of hours later. Love you guys, you make me laugh constantly.
WAIT. This isn’t a typo???

I do this everyday; open the windows, pull back the covers... other half has never heard of this!
I LOVE having the windows open. What a difference it makes. I am in Canada where it is currently -25 and has been for weeks. I opened the windows for a bit yesterday but I miss having them open daily.

• Heart
Here come the swipe ups she must have been having withdrawal symptoms
e

I started doing this only recently. When I'm going around tidying up/cleaning, I open the windows wide in the room I'm in and leave them for the time im in there then shut them when I'm done. The difference it makes is amazing!

Also while we're at it, if any of you ladies have some carpet stain removal tricks that don't involve many many heavy chemicals I'd love to hear them!

Reactions: 4
I started doing this only recently. When I'm going around tidying up/cleaning, I open the windows wide in the room I'm in and leave them for the time im in there then shut them when I'm done. The difference it makes is amazing!

Also while we're at it, if any of you ladies have some carpet stain removal tricks that don't involve many many heavy chemicals I'd love to hear them!
Depends what it is but biological washing powder/liquid solution can work wonders. Enzymes to break down the offending stain. Just needs time to work.

A lot of cat owners swear by biotex! I think it's biotex

@nineteenninety3 Soda water is my go to carpet cleaner. Blot up as much as you can (if it's liquid/possible) but don't rub. If it's e.g. mud, once it's set, pick off as much as you can. Then use soda water on a clean cloth to clean it.
If it's a bit more stubborn (or oil based) put a layer of salt over the stain (it will absorb it) and then clean as above with the soda water.
Or you can go in straight away a solution of salt and white vinegar (about 1/2 cup of WV and 1-2 tablespoons of salt).
I have also find standard dish soap is good too, especially if that's all you have to hand.

Also if the carpet is just generally a bit grubby, sprinkle bi-carb all over it, leave overnight, or as long as possible and then hoover it all up. The bi-carb draws dirt etc to the surface and deodorises it at the same time. Good for mattresses too as works the same way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.