Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
M

Member 3661

I personally can't wait for the marketing to start and her being interviewed.
I envision her sitting on a sofa with one rubber glove on and the Snapchat butterflies floating all around her.
"So Sophie how did you lay the foundation for your book?"
"Well Phil and Holly I like Estee Lauder it's always been my fave" ?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Cassandra Cain

Yes totally agree... she's propping up the belief that women are stupid two-dimensional creatures with no higher aims in life than cleaning.
It worries me that all this is lowering the expectations of a generation of young women.
Completely agree, she is selling the idea that your bloke goes out to work and while you pine his absence, all you can fill your time with is making the house clean and cooking his dinner in expectation of his return, like a good little wife. Yes she's getting paid to feature products etc and no doubt got an an advance for her "book" but she's essentially selling a lifestyle that's 70 years out of date.

M

Member 4330

I started following her when she had around 10k followers and her ideas were good, quick and easy. Then she got bigger and the products increased x10. I felt my house was disgusting and that I was lazy for it not looking like hers... I work 8-5 and have a 3 year old so don’t get loads done in the week, so I started dedicating a whole day of the weekend to cleaning the house top to bottom. A few weeks in I realise what a twat I had become! I’d much rather live life with a homely home than no life and a show home. I quickly got over the hinch phase.

Also went into home bargains and saw a pair of young girls squealing down the cleaning section as they found products ‘She uses this! OMG they have Paul!!’ I couldn’t cringe anymore... quickly scurried off shaking my head LOL

• Heart

Cassandra Cain

So I realise I will probably get jumped on for “derailing” or being a “Hun” or a brainless hincher but... I’ve been reading the threads about Mrs Hinch on here for a while and remaining silent, we are allowed an opinion and forums like this exist to enable us to post such opinions and I’ve been looking at all sides of what you guys post.
Ive finally decided to risk the potential wrath and post my thoughts.
While I absolutely get that no one needs 30 bottles of zoflo or to pine their lavatory 20 times a day and mixing cleaning products is harmful and toxic and I agree with you all on that what I don’t get is the feeling of sheer hatred against this woman I read in some of the posts.
Why would someone hope a person’s planning application gets refused? Why would it even interest you? Why would you say the dog is not well looked after when you only see a snippet of his life? Why do you wish another person such ill-will?
I just don’t understand why people invest such energy in hating another person? There are so many people in the world causing harm, there are so many issues facing us and while it’s great to campaign against use of chemicals or single use plastic I’m not sure that is what is happening here?
Yes people follow her, yes people buy the stuff she buys and yes she’s making money off it. However we all have free will to make those choices. Yes she might influence but ultimately even if people are being sheeple that is THEIR choice. She cannot make people buy 30 zoflos, they choose to even if it is because she bought 30. She is not in control of others mental health, watching her may help some, watching her may hinder others but again those people have choice and free will.
We are influenced every single day by tv, film, produce in shops, papers, magazines, forums, social media. To castigate one person in such a targeted way and blame her for people getting into debt or worsening their mental health is just bullying in my opinion.
Some of the stuff written on here is so venomous and downright unkind I wonder if words of the same depth and nastiness were used against someone you love how you would feel? If it was happening to your child via social media I’m sure you’d be shouting bullying and be taking steps to stop it. What I see on here in some posts is no different.
Why be unkind if you can be kind? Why spend time spreading ill-will when you could spread positivity? Does it make you feel powerful? Happy? Satisfied? If it does then I think you would not be a person I’d like to know.
I follow Mrs Hinch, have bought a couple of items she “advertised” such as the dryer balls (very good) and a minky (at regular price - not impressed, prefer my cheap ones) but I’m not rushing out to buy a mirrored dressing table. And that’s because I know I have choice, try the things I see advertised in various mediums if they interest me and ignore the rest.
I just don’t understand the hatred? You don’t like her? Fine. Move along. She advertises outside of rules/guidance report her. She doesn’t want to listen to your advice re mixing chemicals? Her choice. You don’t want to do a clockwise clean? Your choice.
Just leave the downright nastiness at the door. It makes my heart sad that people can be so very unkind either in real life or behind a keyboard.
The point of this whole forum, not just the thread is to vent about influencers. I won't take the piss as you're obviously able to string a sentence together and make a decent argument, unlike the majority of Hinchers who come along here to her defense. I found this forum by accident after an Instamum mentioned it in her stories and I happened across this thread. Initially I couldn't believe what I was reading because I liked the Hinch but I went away and thought about it for a few days and realised I actually agreed with quite a lot of what was being written here. In the Hinch FB groups there's a frenzied atmosphere of women trying to outdo each other, with more and more dangerous behaviours, they ALL have to have the cloths and a Narnia and OMG I CAN'T FIND THE PINK STUFF ANYWHERE and which Shark do I get? Like I've said before, Hinch doesn't promote the "there are cheaper versions of this that are just as good guys" it's THIS is my hoover, THIS is my mop, THESE are my products, THESE are my cloths and women are getting into debt, making themselves ill and spending obscene amounts of money trying to get their house like Hinch's. As for the chemicals and mixing Molotov cocktails in their kitchen sinks - why is Sophie completely unable to just say "don't mix your products"? even just once to at least cover her arse? Because it's only a matter of time before someone hurts themselves and says it's because they were following Hinch.

Underneath all my piss taking and questioning her intelligence, I just find it really sad that women are spending money they don't have and ignoring their children for the sake of making their homes like an Linen Fresh scented operating theatre.

• Heart
M

Member 2143

Has anyone seen team Tomm this morning? Talking about making your own cleaning products at home, using vinegar, lemons, castille soap etc. Using reusable bottles and kilner jars etc. Apparently the secret cleaner is on a massive drive to minimise plastic use and chemical over-use. They seem to be the antithesis of the Hinch and that makes me love them even more. Gem actually joked about not getting the freebies if she just used vinegar this morning... Or at the very least getting a deal with Sarsons ?
These 2 accounts appeal to me so much. Honest, ethical, grounded and transparent.
I imagine Sophie and her plastic, filtered face living in an Everest-like plastic tip - behind the scenes just mountains of hoarded plastic.
I think gem and the secret cleaner are normal and human. I like them ?

• Heart

crap Bag thanks

Chatty Member
Oh dear just catching up and missed two trolls, well one new one reappears. Maybe the live near me and aren't happy bunnies because you know what not a drop of Zoflora in my local Poundland today. Not one tiny drop. All sold out some body was asking...the nosey cow in me even went to check thinking the shop assistant might be sick of getting up to show the Zoflora display but no nothing....so of course if these trolls can't have a Narnia full of Zoflora they may as well troll!
Just seen this. 13 bottles of Zoflora?! This is why the shelves are empty.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I think Mrs Hinch has severe OCD. It's a 2 person house, unless they both have chronic diarrhea (maybe thats what too many spaghetti hoops does to your insides), no-one needs to chuck that much cleaning fluid on a daily basis down their bog.

• Haha

Bubu

Chatty Member
It actually gets worse! Their using these bottles to decant Zoflora into? What the fuck!
What if a kid or a family member think this is perfume and spray it? Are they all totally fucking nuts?
I have never seen a pic that's more apt which sums up her demographic ?

• Haha
  • Heart
M

Member 3661

Really hope M&S take a look at the pictures of these offensive products and take note that she's not featured any of their products in her stash... apart from maybe the wipes.
So perhaps next time they'll send them to someone who actually uses cruelty free products or someone more deserving of them.

Also how many friggin times do we have view her big fat gypsy wedding.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I rarely comment on threads but you lot honestly are bizarre. ‘Can’t wait to see the state of her house when she’s had the baby’ honestly who thinks like that? Why do you all care so much about what she does, she literally cleans and is a lovely person who means no harm whatsoever yet you’re all so pressed about it? Theres worse things going on in the world than someone cleaning their house on Instagram which you don’t even have to watch
But she is causing harm. With encouraging people to mix chemicals that could cause serious health issues, encouraging people to spend large amounts of money on cleaning products and equipment they probably can’t afford to just be like her. Yeah, there is worse things going on in the world, but that doesn’t mean she should get a free pass.

WiKi

Those basket labels really annoy me. It’s Daves not Dave’s! Plural not possession, you don’t need the apostrophe! If she’d made them herself I wouldn’t comment but her sister in law apparently sells them. Pretty poor for a business

• Haha

crap Bag thanks

Chatty Member
Oh FFS. Just seen in a Hinch group that a woman had a birthday cake made for her - decorated with fondant Zoflora, sponges and mops.

If it was my birthday and all my family could pick out about my personality was that I liked Zoflora I think I'd cry, not post it proudly all over FB.
It could’ve been worse, could’ve been a cake in the shape of a freshly pined toilet...

That group beggars belief, I’ve never seen such a collective of fuckery.

• Haha
M

Member 3661

I have decided to have a Hinch detox.
In fact I'm going to have an influencer detox.
The toxicity and damage they do to mental health just isn't worth it.
Take care Tattlers. xxx

• Wow

SunshineRae

VIP Member
@HappyHalloween what you just wrote was brilliant! I suggest copying it and saving it for each time a Hincher comes on here to moan about us.

I really want to make a fake business to send her stuff to see if she promotes me. At the moment I make pom poms as a way of easing my anxiety and gives me something to do with my hands when I am feeling a bit aggravated. There is absolutely no point to them as they just sit in a box** but makes me feel better. She seems to like pom poms so maybe this could be by big break....??

** They no longer have any purpose I should say. Said box, seemed to have this unlimited volume as it never filled up, no matter how many I made. After a random check of my daughters phone one evening, I found some coded messages from her friends that caught my eye e.g. S-BP, XL-BBBP, M-O and messages back from her were stating prices such ranging from 50p to £2. I questioned her on it, and at first she was evasive but it turned out she was flogging my pom poms at school. The codes broke down the size and colour combo they wanted ?? e.g. small baby pink or extra large baby blue and baby pink! She even made them these little hand made invoices! I was cross that she was making money out of her friends but it did make me laugh, especially when I saw her sales patter in some of the earlier messages. Perhaps I will take a leaf out of her book.

• Heart
  • Haha

SunshineRae

VIP Member
The Emma Hill post is very good! Haven't gone through the comments yet, but she has been very honest and open. Would love to know what influencers she is getting grief from, just for being honest. Goes to show, none of them truly care about their followers.

Sophie, giving her new 'Hinchers' a full tutorial was sickening. Its bad enough when you know about all the baskets, narnias, upstairs cupboard, shaker units by the side of the toilet and that ridiculous garage storage from following over time but when you see it all in one go ??

I really don't know how she can condone having all those products to clean, what I assume to be a new build house, that isn't one bit dirty! I bet they moved into in brand new. All she is doing is maintaining what she was given. I'd love her to move into an old house and then do a clean up, She would then know what it is really like to clean skirting boards, and get limescale off of draining boards and shower screens and remove mold from tiles and grouting etc!

My lovely Nan (bless her soul) was my everything growing up and taught me so much. She grew up in an era where if you wanted something, you saved for it and you then cherished that item. Cleaning was a bit part of looking after said items (that would then be passed down to another family member) and for keeping a tidy home in general(obviously). She swore that all you need need is hot soapy water, soda crystals, white vinegar, lemon juice, bi carb and a bit of elbow grease. She would get down on her hands and knees to clean her floor and skirting boards and would take huge pride in cleaning her windows and regularly "doing her nets" (white net curtains). Don't get me wrong, as the years went by she did also invest (and LOVE) jeyes fluid bin and drain cleaner and Jif cream cleaner (before it was CIF). She also had the glass bottle of Zoflora in Lavender which I think lasted her forever! She would be turning in her grave at the idea of Mrs Hinch. I should also say, even when using these mild products she wouls always have fresh air coming in whether it be her windows open or the back door.

• Heart