Mrs Hinch #12 You can’t polish a turd but you can spray it with Zoflora!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*If I could give this book more than 5 stars then I would! I have never read such a fantastic book in all my life, I’m not one to read constantly but I’ve done a fair few and all I can say is that hand on heart, I didn’t put this book down till I read it all! I took the day off work to read it, would recommend it to everyone
Dickens. Twain. Shakespeare. Hinch.

The classics.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Loving the subtle book stories from The Organised Mum and Secret cleaner πŸ˜‚ Gem has made it very clear for 2 days how shes written hers alone, which we've seen for months on her stories anyway, and the secret cleaner is showing a book with actual (albeit very old fashioned) cleaning advice. If you're here girls, then the more intelligent among us totally get what you're doing. Well done πŸ‘

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Omg in her book it says she wanted a dog that matched her hair πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I can't post a pic it keeps saying pic to large
She makes me so angry.
Although she should have got that poor pooch that was crowned worlds ugliest dog. That looks more like her.

Reactions: 2
If this was part of my children's curriculum I would home school them.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Losing my tattle virginity, been a lurker for a while ;)

Used to be a "hincher" with worsening mental health issues. I completely fell for the hype 😳.
Glad I saw through it all in the end after visiting my GP who diagnosed me with OCD and anxiety and I sought proper help rather than relying on shining my sink to 'soothe my soul'. Mrs Hinch definitely preys on the vulnerable and she definitely made my OCD so much worse.

I do however have her book, I just had to have a look πŸ˜‚ all I can say is, my god.... how did that ever get published?!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Yel

I can't articulate this very well but I've a feeling it's a class thing as to how she's done so well.

Lots of middle class people are congratulating the hairdresser that's done good. They really don't see that she's targeting people that many can't afford to spent Β£200 on a hoover and hundreds on stockpiling cleaning products. They see it as harmless as everything is so inexpensive, but it soon ads up. Using so many products every single day will soon make a big dent in many people's earnings. Then theres all the environmental and health concerns.

The way she's been presenting it in interviews is very different to the reality. Going on about its just a bit of encouragement and she doesn't clean obsessively. However its creating an environment for people that have OCD with cleaning to amplify and normalise behaviour that is damaging people and those around them.

Really rubbing salt in the wound calling her the British Marie kondo!

• Angry
Reactions: 32
Ughhhh I’m a huge Joe Lycett fan and was not expecting to see this pop up on my time line. What’s annoyed me even more is when he gets pics with actual famous people he takes the piss and holds a glass in front of their face so you can’t see them properly. Yet with non celeb Mrs Hinch I can see her haggard mug πŸ˜‚

View attachment 10305
Noooooooo! Maybe we’ll see her on the next sewing bee!

Having a quick read through her book now... the levels of patronizing are astounding! :eek:🀯

Step by step instructions of how to change your bed sheets?

Step by step instructions of how to wash your dishes?

Talking about how some people are envious of her because of her following?

Goodness me 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well I've spent the most part of the afternoon reading the famous book.
It arrived in a very poor state as the paper on the cover is very flimsy so all of the corners were torn.
In true Mrs Hinch style I have already found several discrepancies in what she says.
Saying she doesn't drink as it gives her anxiety and then saying she went drinking every night whilst working in London and even threw up on her bedroom carpet when she was young as a result of being drunk.
And there's many many more.

I thought I'd share her thoughts about letting fresh air into our homes as this is something I have done all my life.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I can't articulate this very well but I've a feeling it's a class thing as to how she's done so well.

Lots of middle class people are congratulating the hairdresser that's done good. They really don't see that she's targeting people that many can't afford to spent Β£200 on a hoover and hundreds on stockpiling cleaning products. They see it as harmless as everything is so inexpensive, but it soon ads up. Using so many products every single day will soon make a big dent in many people's earnings. Then theres all the environmental and health concerns.

The way she's been presenting it in interviews is very different to the reality. Going on about its just a bit of encouragement and she doesn't clean obsessively. However its creating an environment for people that have OCD with cleaning to amplify and normalise behaviour that is damaging people and those around them.

Really rubbing salt in the wound calling her the British Marie kondo!
I think this absolutely nails it. I think the thing that offends me the most about hinch is the "i'm just one of you!" thing she has going. She is clearly not on a tight budget, managing work, kids and family life. It is just so disingenuous, she has no idea how damaging she is. Or if she does know she doesn't give a tit. I honestly hate everything she stands for.

Reactions: 14
I was going to make it say read with Sophie, Jamie and Henry but I couldn’t be arsed πŸ˜‚ sorry not sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
It arrived in a very poor state as the paper on the cover is very flimsy so all of the corners were torn.
In true Mrs Hinch style I have already found several discrepancies in what she says.
Saying she doesn't drink as it gives her anxiety and then saying she went drinking every night whilst working in London and even threw up on her bedroom carpet when she was young as a result of being drunk.

I thought I'd share her thoughts about letting fresh air into our homes as this is something I have done all my life.
So did everybody's house just stunk
Before 1994? 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Plugging febreeze like she's used it forever when actually only started using it recently because she's paid to. Before that still never opened a window. How much was she paid for that plug in her book then? Such a liar!

Also my baby has books with smaller print than that. Deceptive even with her book length

Reactions: 19

What an utterly spellbinding little tidbit! All the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.