Moya Mawhinney

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure she's a nice person but she sure as hell isn't sustainable. The moment she was allowed to fly, she's flown to Paris, New York, back to Paris again soon and then Italy.
She touts sustainability but constantly accepts offers from fashion brands (even if they're sustainable), goes shopping so much etc.
Sustainable consumerism is still consumerism. In today's day and age, we need people to say no to things they don't need. Resources are becoming scarce. We need to put an end to consumerism, not find another way to continue consuming.

Reactions: 6
I'm sure she's a nice person but she sure as hell isn't sustainable. The moment she was allowed to fly, she's flown to Paris, New York, back to Paris again soon and then Italy.
She touts sustainability but constantly accepts offers from fashion brands (even if they're sustainable), goes shopping so much etc.
Sustainable consumerism is still consumerism. In today's day and age, we need people to say no to things they don't need. Resources are becoming scarce. We need to put an end to consumerism, not find another way to continue consuming.
Agree, and she is also in Edinburgh now. I remember during the pandemic she said something along the lines of ‘I want to go to Greece but don’t want anyone to hate me’ - and she had just moved to the UK🤣 she definitely feels pressure to keep up her travel. Also was kind of surprised she is leaving London so soon given that it took her ages to find a stable flat.

Reactions: 2
She always makes such a fuss when she doesn't eat something vegan but I get the vibe she's partly vegan to restrict her diet 😬

I do really like her but she really seems to live such a charmed life lmao

Reactions: 3
She always makes such a fuss when she doesn't eat something vegan but I get the vibe she's partly vegan to restrict her diet 😬

I do really like her but she really seems to live such a charmed life lmao
always got that impression too re:restricting her diet under the guise of veganism! Sadly it’s so so common!
Also shocked she’s leaving London so quickly after finding the flat, feel like she spent so long looking, seems like a waste to leave already!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Idk why she feels pressure to keep up travel, she could probably make a living as an artist since she has a following already. It's just sad that people look up to her as someone sustainable when she's not really.

We can't keep fingerpointing with the climate emergency. Govts, organizations and individuals need to get their act together.

At least she took the train to Scotland but it was only because of an ad, not out of her own accord. Pretends to be on a budget but goes out every single day too lol

I do think it’s odd how she’s leaving London so quickly after moving into her flat, but am looking forward to her summer travel content all the same

Reactions: 1
Am I the only one who thinks these aspirational solo travel videos that influencers do look so lonely ? I know she’s met up with a few people and spending time alone is nice but I can’t help but feel like it would be lonely when they put down the camera

Am I the only one who thinks these aspirational solo travel videos that influencers do look so lonely ? I know she’s met up with a few people and spending time alone is nice but I can’t help but feel like it would be lonely when they put down the camera
Yeah I always think of the effort that goes into setting up your camera before doing anything. It’s quite sad when you think about it.

Ooooh does she have a new bf? I’ve fallen out of watching her videos but I must catch up! I’m so curious as to how she has so much money! I know she does ads/spon con but still, her figures aren’t massive
Yeah I’ve no idea how much she’s earning but she was able to afford 1500 a month for a flat in London

I know I should find something better to do with my time but I just watch 'influencer' videos for the lols now and Moya has given a couple.
1) in one of her Paris videos, she showed a clip of Cafe de Flore and said some writers etc who'd been there and "and now me" as if she's comparing herself to them. A bit narcissistic.
2) in her most recent video, she's saying she feels lucky to explore Paris as a local. Who the hell calls themselves a local when they've lived in a place for like a month and has no true understanding of the language, the culture?
3) She's really trying to channel the Emily in Paris vibes. Opening her balcony window, running along the boullevards. Wonder how many Parisians look at American and British (i know she's Irish) chicks in Paris and think so basic.

Reactions: 6
I know I should find something better to do with my time but I just watch 'influencer' videos for the lols now and Moya has given a couple.
1) in one of her Paris videos, she showed a clip of Cafe de Flore and said some writers etc who'd been there and "and now me" as if she's comparing herself to them. A bit narcissistic.
2) in her most recent video, she's saying she feels lucky to explore Paris as a local. Who the hell calls themselves a local when they've lived in a place for like a month and has no true understanding of the language, the culture?
3) She's really trying to channel the Emily in Paris vibes. Opening her balcony window, running along the boullevards. Wonder how many Parisians look at American and British (i know she's Irish) chicks in Paris and think so basic.
She definitely gives off delusional and narcissistic vibes at times. Girl has a great eye though and does make some visually beautiful videos

Reactions: 5
She was asked in a previous video to describe herself in 3 words, one of them was self obsessed 😬 at least she’s honest I guess? 😅

She and her friend Eva Meloche are kinda similar in the sense they both seem to follow a vegan diet as a way of restricting their diet in a socially acceptable way but are far from sustainable. Eva also travels a lot and does a ton of clothing hauls in almost every single video.
I’m noticing a pattern with all these ‘sustainable queens’ who are usually very thin, white or white passing, follow a vegan diet because they claim to care about sustainability despite constantly buying/getting sent new clothes. They also come from privileged backgrounds where they seem to live, as someone has already said before, charmed, care free lives because they are insanely privileged and don’t seem to have any real problems.

Also notice how she always makes the same meals lmao
They never look appetising lmao. Also I’m kinda irked that she always cooks with her hair out. She has really long hair that could easily end up in one of those unappetising vegan meals she makes.

Reactions: 5
Maybe it’s just a pet peeve of mine but the pictures of dirty plates are gross 🤢 when did this become an aesthetic