Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I’m guessing a fair few people here are female and mums (soz @ExhaustedDad) WFH and flexible work is great as we’ve already done the making friends and chatting to our colleagues so don’t feel we need that anymore. As older workers/mums etc our needs and priorities change but I’ll not be convinced that everyone begins work with the sole intention of the daily grind “going to work to work” and hasn’t experienced some form of friendship/camaraderie or base human interaction. Yeah hearing about Shelia in accounts {pantomime mouthing} “women’s problems” or what a genius Sarah’s son is, becomes pretty dull pretty fast, but there’s more to working life than that. Its interesting that people have hung their coats on that one element, that they are beyond work/office gossip or small talk.

Being at work I met people from all walks of life, it exposed me to some great people and also some real dicks. Before work I’d never sat and talked with a Muslim about fasting at Ramadan, to a Hindu about Diwali or a Sikh about Gurdwara. I interacted daily with people from poor backgrounds and people with real family money. I met these people at work, engaged, became friends (made enemies of some) and was invited to weddings and family events which opened new worlds and foods to me. They were amazing and new and really something so special I felt honoured. I believe it helped me to understand people better and I see that as a skill as it allows you to navigate your way through life with real insight rather than accepting the tales you are told or the information that was put out in the media. I honestly believe I’m a more rounded person for those experiences and I’m thankful I had that opportunity.

As a graduate you’re often in a different city from your home/friends or even uni mates, you’re starting from scratch, WFH won’t be conducive to building a social life/ meeting your future partner/ human interaction. My concern is for the younger generation, who already struggle with social aspects of life because they’ve spent far too much time living their life on SM. I think it’s too easy to look at our own personal “current” circumstances and assume that’s what everyone wants. I remember my early working life with fondness, meeting new people, going out, getting to know a different city and basically learning to grow up and manage. I wouldn’t want that now, god no, I don’t want to be arsed with that because I’m sorted for all those things. I don’t want to be packed on to a busy commuter train or stuck in a traffic jam at 7am, I don’t want or need that because I’ve experienced it and I’m done with it, I’ve done my time. However, if you consider your 20s would you really be happy to be WFH every day? I know I personally wouldn’t and I know the current situation is not good for my grown up kids who want their time in the world, who want to be out and not stuck in their apartments/rooms dealing with their work and life through teams and zoom.

As for the effect of the economy, it’s huge, whole cities and industries have grown up based on office work. I’m not talking Starbucks and Pret, who are already sinking, but think about Julie’s Baps, the little sandwich shop who relies on those office workers. All the bars and restaurants, who’s main income isn’t people’s personal cash but the corporate dollar of executive lunches, work events and backdoor deals. All the shops who’s window displays lure us in to buy that new seasons attire for work or going out. The bus drivers, the train drivers, the taxi drivers, the office cleaners, the security guards? They are dying, cities are turning into ghost towns and what will happen to all those people that currently work in those industries, the low paid, low skilled industries? We may all want to WFH because it suits us at a particular point in our lives but what we, but more importantly future generations, will lose is frightening for me.

Sorry to ramble, I really do want to get off the WFH issue and get on to other aspects of MP. I think WFH is a case of horses for courses, some find it brilliant whilst others are struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

teaandtoast8

Chatty Member
Coming from someone who has and still is profiting from it that’s rich ! The hypocrisy drives me crazy…
Her and her cronies: Clemmie Telfraud, MOD, FOD, dress like a twat etc have done the most damage in this area. They have all not only targeted vulnerable mothers but misled them and used them for cash. They’ve made whole swathes of women feel like absolute crap and now she has the nerve to gaslight them all by representing their interests in parliament. Some people have absolutely no conscience

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m torn on this. I have always enjoyed Anna’s account and found her honesty and willingness to try and do better refreshing (although she flip flops around about showing the kids), and if I’ve ever replied or messaged her she’s replied.

As someone with PND, I am baffled she was/is able to do so much with the diagnosis, keeping em and the baby alive is all I can manage most days. Maybe I’m just envious she’s more high functioning than me? It does feel a bit incongruent to come back with a book, and immediately jump into the Gousto AD - talk about setting an unrealistic expectations for the rest of us. I dunno, as I say, I’m torn.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Bringing this over from the FoD thread because I’m not sure if she reads there but I know she reads here!

Hun, seeing as you come here for your information let’s talk honestly about why women sell on Instagram, it’s because the majority of the audience are women. You influencers have coined this “women supporting women” mantra and played the friendly, likeable, relatable girl as a sales pitch to many vulnerable and ill educated/ill informed, mostly, young women. They trust what you say based on this myth you all pedal. The lack of honesty and clarity surrounding the sales pitches that come at them, often undisclosed, by the thousands, daily, is nothing short of criminal. The lack of decent regulation and punishment for the constant breaches of the pathetic rules governing IG allows this stream of abuse to continue.

Using, sad fishing tactics by crying troll and talking about their mental health is just another sales tactic that ensures that nobody looks too deeply into this shady world of “women exploiting women”. It’s an utter joke.

So whilst you get to plug your book to government, remember that you and your type have ensured thousands of young women have got themselves in debt and are dealing with the horrific reality of that for years to come.

Don’t get me started on how you’ve all exploited your children and how you’ve sold all us women (yes even you love hiding behind your flex appeal bs) down the river so you can make some $$$, get some freebies and feed your desperate desires to be famous. A £200 breast pump indeed, Jesus, you need to scratch the surface you utter ghoul 😏

ps Do you really think you’d have bagged your nice cushy little number on Heart FM without being part of that first wave of IG fraudsters Anna? You’ve used that platform in exactly the same way as the other grifters but unlike the others you’re sneakier smarter and have read the Tattle room and taken note of the trolls, you love to bemoan, in an attempt to gain the moral high ground whilst trampling all over those other grifters you used to be in bed with. Hun there’s no dignity in that, this is not the RC church, which allows you to do “wrong” and as long as you confess you are absolved and then continue doing the same thing under a sanctimonious banner. Tell the government body to come look at Tattle and see that this place isn’t full of trolls but is full of reviewers who see through the corruption and deceit and comment on it without being deleted!

Also I hope when you talk about doxxing you mention how your mother did exactly that to one of your ex followers who disagreed with you here’s the evidence

• Heart

Dogmuck

VIP Member
So it started for her with the C section scar? So was she showing this on social media and having to explain to her followers that she wasn’t to posh to push? Then it was the whole breast feeding bottle feeding argument? Again was this something that occurred on her platform?
The answer is NO. Yet again Anna is milking the new mum angle to shift her book...doing exactly (as said above) what she is claiming is so toxic about social media, selling to new mums. Stop it you ghoul, it’s you, you were doing this to new mums and you’re continuing to do it now with your shit book trying to hook in all those poor vulnerable women who bought into the insta sales pitch YOU were pushing. Stop pretending you were one of the victims of this scandal, you were and still are, in fact, one of the perpetrators 🤬

• Heart

Tothemoonandback

In my own life, the forced flexible working as a result of this pandemic has been amazing. I'm saving literally thousands of pounds annually not having to pay monthly for a travel card and I get two extra hours a day at home that I'd usually spend commuting. I sleep longer, eat healthier as I have more time and get more opportunity to exercise. The company has found productivity has increased dramatically since March so I can't see that my employers will be forcing everyone to return to the 9-5 drudgery that was making everyone ill. It seems so crazy now that the tubes are so packed at key times as we're all going along with this stupid system, rammed in and fitting to the same timetables. I fully appreciate and sympathise that not all jobs can be done remotely or flexibly but for some the benefits can be amazing for *both* employee and employer.

Last edited:

Pintofwhine

Her interview on Lorraine was cringe. She does not speak for me. She’s so middle class and privileged it’s embarrassing. The child trying to get in the room whilst she’s on the tv- not scripted at all Anna! Also says more about how useless her husband is if he can’t amuse the children for 3 minutes? But that’s the thing- he can but that doesn’t fit in with her narrative. I used to have so much respect for this women but the lies and deceit- talk about jumpin on a bandwagon, PND isn’t the cool things for mummas of insta to be talking about so now it’s all about the burnout of working at home while having kids at home. She’s on the radio and writing a book- hardly the worst things to be juggling. This from the woman whose kid had to go to schools 6 months late because she didn’t realise you had to register them for school!

• Wow
Reactions: 22

Pintofwhine

Can someone explain how she actually earns money from the Flex Appeal?
I’m not even sure she does - I know she’s done stuff with McDonalds etc and I’m sure they charge for appearances. I get the feeling she’s very fame hungry- it’s a bit of a mother Theresa complex, she must be seen to be a good person? She’s very erratic? The moaning about home working, I get it- we are all struggling- she’s having to juggle things a bit more than normal, but get over it? We are all in the same boat and it is what it is. All this wanting extra paid days of for caring etc- we are in the middle of a pandemic, il be happy if I still have a job at the end of this and I’m not about to go on a crusade to try and get more holidays/days off for child care. I’ve not even used my holidays from this year because I’ve no point in taking them. If my kid is sick this year then I’m home anyway 🤷🏼‍♀️ She doesn’t even have an “office job” so how can she tell what it’s like at the moment? Read the room- I just want this year/pandemic to be over and then I might have the energy to care- at this moment in time I’m working extra hours for all those on furlough, i’d actually like a pay increase but I realise I’m lucky to even have a job. She’s so out of touch. As for the “ im really struggling” - get a grip, you can heat your house, you can afford food, you have 2 parents at home, your not getting the shit kicked out of you by an abusive partner- she really thinks she’s hard done by- trust me she’s got it pretty good by what I can see.

• Heart

Allthatglitters666

Chatty Member
God I love wfh. No small talk with anyone and everyone. No making 15 cups of tea on a round or having mine made so strong I can stand a spoon up in it. No being constantly disturbed by others. If I want to speak to people I can just teams them. I deffo put a wash on etc but I'm so much more productive and happier.

With regards to MP it was the timing of her departure where lots of other influencers (Rutherfords partner etc) were being shown for who they really were. Was then very convenient to come back just as her book was being released 🤔

• Haha

Rosieee

VIP Member
I’m here @Dogmuck thanks for the recap ! I was just waiting for you to do the work 😂 just wanted to add that announcing your depression on psychosis on tv crying and then announcing a new book the next day was what got me here. Also telling us that we should always take our maternity leave only to be back 6 weeks later with a new mental health issue, book and ads. Liar

Tweetlebeetle

I deleted my tattle account for a while but had to come back to mention this.
There’s a woman in her seventies - Adrienne Boyle who has made it her life’s work to campaign for flexible working. She’s responsible for so many things including job sharing, part time work requests, workplace nurseries and loads more.
Brilliant article about her work here:

You’d think that Anna would cite her as a source of inspiration but no.

eta - Working Families has been doing ‘flex appeal’ for 40 years too (with the help of Adrienne Boyle)

• Heart
Reactions: 21

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
Really the only good thing about her is that it must make Clemmie Hooper fucking mad that she’s doing so well.

• Haha

Cariad

VIP Member
Flexible working only works in certain industries- health care just can’t function if everyone wants Friday afternoon off to take Johnny swimming- I’ve worked part time since having kidsand I know I’m luck I can do this but when I’m in work I’m there to work -I get pissed off with colleagues who swan in late because they’ve played the system and expect everything to revolve around them with us mugs picking up the pieces
MP saw an opportunity and flew with it- not realising the repercussions

• Heart

Slatternly

She’s so easy to parody isn’t she? Grab a child, blink lots of times (is it tears?) over their shoulder, begin each sentence with the words ‘to the mother who…’ throw in the words maternal pariah/nork/juggle/ crisp packet. Have ‘this woman’s work’ playing in the background. Follow up with a post on how Boris is finally going to listen to her read her book to him in parliament. We did it! Follow up with ketchup/hello fresh/ advert that is vastly superior to everyone else’s ads as at least she tries to inject parental/maternal humor.

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Women need to stop crying on Instagram.
Yep. Yes it’s dreadful suffering with mental ill health. Yes it needs addressing and publicised. BUT I can’t get my head around when someone is in despair and floods of tears, grabbing their phone and taking a selfie/video is even on their radar.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
Anna on secret spenders on channel 5 - telling the family to stop their gusto/ Hello Fresh subscription. The irony that she regular flogs this stuff herself.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Tublet83

VIP Member
MP “campaigning” over the cost of holiday clubs whilst taking a term time break with her mates (without her kids) in a luxury cottage in the Lake District

Can she not see it 🙈😂

• Haha
  • Angry

Thedreamteam

I think she is very good at coming across well, as she is clearly academically intelligent etc unlike a lot of other insta mums, but she is still an insta mum who uses social media to grow a brand / make money. I think the focus on flexappeal sometimes leaves people feeling like it is a charity account, none of this is done out of the goodness of her heart (which her company accounts attest to). But like someone said above, she is a player. I messaged her once for clarification on something and received a decent reply, followed by ‘can you please like my last post and share it if you can to help my reach’. Her last post was an ad. She’s just as grabbing as the rest, but goes about it in a much smoother way and for some reason this annoys me more as it feels like she purports to be something she’s not, whereas most are pretty clearly on there for the freebies and ads.

• Wow
  • Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Don't really have anything articulate to add, just nodding along at all the comments saying she was part of the problem and is being sneaky pretending as she's now the person to help solve it. Certainly a lot smarter than lots of them to always play a few steps ahead and shows thinking outside of the influencer bubble. Whether she actually believes what she's saying or not is another thing altogether.

The passage from the book talking about the tattle-like site complains that gossip was just over the garden fence and not to a wide audience. But if you live your life publicly on social media surely it would be ridiculous to then expect any critique to be done in private? Live by the sword and all that.

Influencers seem to think the government is going to bring in legislation to protect them from any comments that hurt their feelings :rolleyes: .Do they ever consider the harm their business as an influencer does to the public? There needs to be a sensible discussion over influencers, their impact on society and members of the public freedom of expression on people that have turned their personal life into a commercial commodity.

• Heart