Mother Pukka #3 I think we might be remarkable

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we all know that when Anna says “stigma” what she actually means is, “my personal prejudice”.

Gosh, those awful single mothers and their new boyfriends with no teeth! Oh wait, here comes Anna to break that stigma, look, the middle classes can do it so elegantly!

Let’s not forget this is the woman who told us to “invite the brown child” to our children’s birthday parties (as a brown person, that one still makes me angry).

Edited to change how I described myself as it’s a term that some people use and some people find offensive, depending on where in the world you hail from).

• Wow
Reactions: 38
At this rate she’ll be removing the stigma about stigmas 🙄
Thread Title!!
---
I think we all know that when Anna says “stigma” what she actually means is, “my personal prejudice”.

Gosh, those awful single mothers and their new boyfriends with no teeth! Oh wait, here comes Anna to break that stigma, look, the middle classes can do it so elegantly!

Let’s not forget this is the woman who told us to “invite the brown child” to our children’s birthday parties (as a brown person, that one still makes me angry).

Edited to change how I described myself as it’s a term that some people use and some people find offensive, depending on where in the world you hail from).
Say what now, when in the hell did she say that? That disgusts me! How did she not get a load of backlash for that?

Reactions: 8
What’s with all this ‘being held’ pseudo-psychology bollocks? Another nonsensical phrase she overuses. Can we create a stigma around writing like a hormonal GCSE English student? Can we create a stigma about spouting shite about Sure, Symprove, flexible working for the middle classes and blended families, and people who don’t speak out about real world inequalities? Where’s all her crisp packet activism about getting people to vote, or support a ceasefire or … anything meaningful really

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Break the stigma is her smarmy silencing tool to divert any slither of criticism or thoughtful discussion that doesn't fit in with Anna's agenda. If comments or thoughts don't align with her version of events, those people are contributing to societal STIGMA and prejudice. She's quite the media strategist.

Anybody questioning or even liking a comment that doesn't cheerlead for Anna's life choices breaking gets blocked. Just like I was when I liked a balanced comment questioning whether describing herself as a single parent was appropriate.

Aaah yes, Anna's lonesome single tear, stigma breaking single parent era that latest all of 2 weeks and one lousy Torygraph article.
---
How long do you give it? I reckon two years after the baby is born
Not long. Pregnancy, birth and babies have an uncanny way of being the cold wet flannel over otherworldly, visceral, dickmatized, f*ck boy relationships. I reckon breaking up before the baby is born or shortly after.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not long. Pregnancy, birth and babies have an uncanny way of being the cold wet flannel over otherworldly, visceral, dickmatized, f*ck boy relationships. I reckon breaking up before the baby is born or shortly after.
Will GrannyFukka be helping out loads this time? If not it'll surely be a massive struggle - unless OLLY BRETTON pays for a nanny but even then, there's still all the sleepless nights to fit in around the radio job.

Reactions: 8
I tried listening to the podcast on being up the duff but had to switch off after 10 mins. The amount of narcissism is just too much to listen to and I cringed so much it wasn’t safe to drive.

• Haha
I’ve never posted on a MP thread before but I’ve come to see how it’s going down and not met with any surprises. I can’t believe what I’m seeing. Her poor kids.

Reactions: 16
I also believe that the stigmas she's talking about are just her own prejudices and things she's previously found a bit shameful or embarrassing until she found herself in that very situation. She's definitely one of those people who tick off their life achievements on an imaginary checklist and perhaps thought she'd never be in the situation where she's got divorced etc because that just doesn't happen to people like her. She's most likely looked down on blended families and older mums prior to this because it doesn't fulfill her criteria for a successful existence.Things she'd consider tacky when other, common, people do it but not when it's her.

She's trying to justify her own decisions both to herself and the rest of the world by inventing these stigmas that she's then bravely breaking when they never really existed in the first place. By making out that it's the stigma attached making people react rather than the fact that she's made some quite rash and ill-advised decisions, and people are concerned rather than morally outraged that she dares break all these 'taboos'. She just has to see herself as a trailblazer and activist because she's just so remarkable.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I listed to her podcast.. she really does say that her love with Olly is 'otherworldly'. Wow.

She's dickmatised like I said before. Surely she knows (as she knows everything) that we are designed to fall head over heels in lust (not love) at first. This encourages procreation. Then, after about 18 months-24 months we are designed to come out of the honeymoon phase (or we'd never get out of bed and society would collapse 😂). So she's a few months in..this isn't otherworldly love. This is hormones.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Thread Title!!
---

Say what now, when in the hell did she say that? That disgusts me! How did she not get a load of backlash for that?
It was a post about making sure you include all the children. The brown ones, the badly behaved ones etc. It was really offensive to lots of people. She’s like Teflon though.

• Wow
  • Sick
It was a post about making sure you include all the children. The brown ones, the badly behaved ones etc. It was really offensive to lots of people. She’s like Teflon though.
Mad how her and Clemmie can make these comments and get away relatively unscathed. Really sickens me! I guess she deleted the evidence?

Reactions: 6
Like many of you, we are a blended family. We waited a year to do the intro, got married after 2.5 years and had a baby after that. And the kids still found it tricky, because it is a tricky thing to experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I also believe that the stigmas she's talking about are just her own prejudices and things she's previously found a bit shameful or embarrassing until she found herself in that very situation. She's definitely one of those people who tick off their life achievements on an imaginary checklist and perhaps thought she'd never be in the situation where she's got divorced etc because that just doesn't happen to people like her. She's most likely looked down on blended families and older mums prior to this because it doesn't fulfill her criteria for a successful existence.Things she'd consider tacky when other, common, people do it but not when it's her.
She's trying to justify her own decisions both to herself and the rest of the world by inventing these stigmas that she's then bravely breaking when they never really existed in the first place. By making out that it's the stigma attached making people react rather than the fact that she's made some quite rash and ill-advised decisions, and people are concerned rather than morally outraged that she dares break all these 'taboos'. She just has to see herself as a trailblazer and activist because she's just so remarkable.

You’ve totally hit the nail on the head with this.

It’s a weird sort of self-gaslighting. Construct something to fit with her narrative (sorry) that didn’t exist before just so she can pretend to break it down. Her world view is firmly up her anal cavity.
---
Mad how her and Clemmie can make these comments and get away relatively unscathed. Really sickens me! I guess she deleted the evidence?
Was it Anna or one of the other early ones who lived next to brightly coloured muralled walls in a half-gentrified part of London that called the schools there ‘a bit stabby’?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

It’s a weird sort of self-gaslighting. Construct something to fit with her narrative (sorry) that didn’t exist before just so she can pretend to break it down. Her world view is firmly up her anal cavity.
---

Was it Anna or one of the other early ones who lived next to brightly coloured muralled walls in a half-gentrified part of London that called the schools there ‘a bit a stabby’?
Might have been her or Clemmie Telford.

Reactions: 1
Was it Anna or one of the other early ones who lived next to brightly coloured muralled walls in a half-gentrified part of London that called the schools there ‘a bit a stabby’?
Think that was dress like a mum.

Reactions: 3