Most Haunted

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me and my partner watch an episode or two before bed every night as they're all on freevee.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts and I think a lot of it is deliberate fakery or making a big show of the fact that old houses get creaky however it is good entertainment.

I actually have a lot of time for Derek, if nothing else he was a fantastic showman that made the show what it was. I think if not for him they would have struggled to get past 3 series really. They certainly owe him a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Me and my partner watch an episode or two before bed every night as they're all on freevee.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts and I think a lot of it is deliberate fakery or making a big show of the fact that old houses get creaky however it is good entertainment.

I actually have a lot of time for Derek, if nothing else he was a fantastic showman that made the show what it was. I think if not for him they would have struggled to get past 3 series really. They certainly owe him a lot.
I loved Derek.he made it entertaining and it was in its prime when he was on it. How they treated him was awful, I felt. There were better ways of dealing with it.

Reactions: 3
I used to love most haunted!! I remember watching one of the lives (I must have been about 10), and it scared the crap out of me!🤣

I think it was in wales? They used some sort of electric/ static machines and it used to make loud noises or something?🫣🤣 either way it terrified me 🤣

I used to love most haunted!! I remember watching one of the lives (I must have been about 10), and it scared the crap out of me!🤣

I think it was in wales? They used some sort of electric/ static machines and it used to make loud noises or something?🫣🤣 either way it terrified me 🤣
I used to do some work on Most Haunted back in the day. That live was Halloween 2008, The Village of the Damned from Denbigh Asylum. It was so cold and the place had holes all over the roof and at one point it was snowing on the audience. The tesla machine that fired out electric bolts was terrifying! A year later in Morecambe they bumped it up a gear by having the team stand it metal cages while the electric bolts flew towards them. I think the idea behind it was for the spirits to use the energy it generated.

Overall it was a great experience working on the show, a few blips along the way but nothing exciting. In the end they focused too much on quantity over quality. The Morecambe live in 2009 was eight nights long, with four hours to fill each night so it was wearing a bit thin by the end of the show, and Paul Ross declaring "the shortest of short breaks" for about the millionth time got very irritating!

I never worked on the show with Derek Acorah but I worked with him in other projects and he was just a true gentleman. There was one event we were at there would have been an audience of about 500 and he didn't leave that night without speaking to every single person that wanted to see him. He was such a great guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I used to do some work on Most Haunted back in the day. That live was Halloween 2008, The Village of the Damned from Denbigh Asylum. It was so cold and the place had holes all over the roof and at one point it was snowing on the audience. The tesla machine that fired out electric bolts was terrifying! A year later in Morecambe they bumped it up a gear by having the team stand it metal cages while the electric bolts flew towards them. I think the idea behind it was for the spirits to use the energy it generated.

Overall it was a great experience working on the show, a few blips along the way but nothing exciting. In the end they focused too much on quantity over quality. The Morecambe live in 2009 was eight nights long, with four hours to fill each night so it was wearing a bit thin by the end of the show, and Paul Ross declaring "the shortest of short breaks" for about the millionth time got very irritating!

I never worked on the show with Derek Acorah but I worked with him in other projects and he was just a true gentleman. There was one event we were at there would have been an audience of about 500 and he didn't leave that night without speaking to every single person that wanted to see him. He was such a great guy.
Aww that's great to know about Derek.

Have you got any goss on Karl? He comes off like he might have a bet of an ego.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Karl could be okay but he did have a sense of humour that would go too far and could really embarrass people. Once he chucked a glass of water on someone's trousers just as they were about to be introduced live on air and made a big joke that he had wet himself. Things like that. He also had a podcast for a while where he did a spoof Derek Acorah character and kept doing it after Derek died which I didn't agree with at all.

Yvette was all right as well although there was one live show where she had had an operation not long before and it was agreed that she came back to do the show way to early and there was a lot of questions raised online and phoned into the studio that people weren't enjoying her snapping at people.

But I can't fault them at all with how they were with the fans as well. They would speak to everyone much like Derek did, same with the studio team, Paul, Julian, Lesley and Richard would all come out and speak to the audience during the ad breaks.

Related in a supernatural tv show fashion, I highly recommend MOUNTAIN MONSTERS.

Hillbillies searching for Bigfoot.

Genius

But I can't fault them at all with how they were with the fans as well. They would speak to everyone much like Derek did, same with the studio team, Paul, Julian, Lesley and Richard would all come out and speak to the audience during the ad breaks.
I might be misremembering so forgive me if this is a false memory! Wasn't it a thing where some of the staff experienced possession or their energy draining and the like? And if so, was that just a joke amongst ye?

I really liked Derek. I also liked Lesley the historian. However, Kat the make-up artist got on my absolute tits, screeching and screaming. Convinced that every noise they managed to record was made by Karl and/or Stuart

I always found the anecdotes and pre-night tour spookier than any of the actual investigating

Last edited:
  • Heart
Me and my sister LOVED Most Haunted! We used to watch it together on Living on a Tuesday night.

We even went to see Derek Acorah live once and here's a funny story for you...during the first half of the show I came over pretty ill and had to be taken out of the theatre. I came back for the second half feeling totally fine and Derek said that my energy had been used as a vessel for the spirits to come through and thats why id been ill. I was so embarrassed! 😂 20 years later we still laugh about it haha.

• Heart
I might be misremembering so forgive me if this is a false memory! Wasn't it a thing where some of the staff experienced possession or their energy draining and the like? And if so, was that just a joke amongst ye?
Some of the on-screen team and crew would feel suddenly very tired/unwell during the course of the shows, the theory being that it was the spirits doing this, but we had Ciaran, the parapsychologist on the investigations as well who would point out environmental factors which could contribute to it. There was no in joke or anything, it was reported as it happened. If you are working in an environment with uneven floors and poor ventilation, you will eventually start to not feel great and this was just reported as it happened on the show.

Derek was best known for his possessions. "Mary loves dick" was probably the best well knows as well as being taken over by a spirit who called Yvette a witch five times :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
I like the early episodes where Derek makes a grand appearance before vanishing for a few hours (can only theorise that he'd nipped off for a few drams and fags)

Reactions: 2
I like the early episodes where Derek makes a grand appearance before vanishing for a few hours (can only theorise that he'd nipped off for a few drams and fags)
There was an episode back in the early days at a nightclub in Manchester where Derek says "I feel we should take a short break" and at the end of the episode there is footage of him having a boogie in the club haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh my god! I was absolutely obsessed with this programme! I watched every episode, I had the DVD’s and desperately wanted to be on it. I actually saw Derek Acorah live.Twice. Derek’s possessions were legendary and with hindsight made the show. Yvette and Karl were jealous of his popularity and stitched him up good and proper. Yvette is a nightmare and was a total witch to work for.

• Heart
I loved this show. They always said "Did you hear that!" so much, I always laughed.

I met Derek in Australia years ago where we did a session with psychics at a haunted hotel (called the Mitre Tavern in Melbourne).

He was lovely and a group of us had a few bevies at the bar with him (and I think his wife) after most of the other people left.

Some really weird (unexplained stuff happened that night too which made me believe in the other side - I was a sceptic)

• Heart
Derek really was a showman and I miss him lots on our screen. Like a previous poster said, I used to watch it on Living TV and it was a massive thing in our house growing up! Especially the Halloween specials.
I remember me and my brother laughing because we were convinced Derek was wearing a G string on one episode! You could see the outline through his trousers! And we found it hilarious.🤣🤣 in fact, when I look back we used to laugh more than be sacred, but I think that's why we loved it so much.
One of my favourites (where I think alot was genuinely happening) was Series 3 if I remember right. They went to The Ancient Ram Inn. Staurt had such a bad experience there, and not long after he seemed to lose all of his hair. I remember reading how the experience had left him a different person. But you could see the fear on all their faces, Derek included. I think that night they were all out of their depth.
It was such a great show back in the day, great for Autumn/ winter nights around Halloween. I have such fond memories of it.
It's on You Tube now, they post new ones every week when a new series is out. But they go on forever and are so boring. There's no mediums anymore, just Yvette, Karl, Stuart and the team. Occasionally they bring out that Demonologist, Fred Batt, but not always.
Just lost its sparkle now unfortunately.

The episode that sticks in my head was the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane. That was the first time anything major happened on the show. Before that it had just been a few orbs, the show changed then and they seemed to think they had to outdo it. Yvette sacked Richard Felix as well, he was great and i still have one of his DVD’s about Liverpool ghost stories somewhere 😂

am currently completing Project Haunted, basically rewatching every episode including lives (where I have/can get the DVD)

it’s so tit but I absolutely love it. So lots are on Prime but there are also original episodes on Sky Replay and Sky Sci-fi

for the best episodes (series 6) you can search and watch on Daily Motion if you don’t have the DVDs. It includes the ‘expose derek’ episode and you see Yvette’s attitude change towards him in eps after this 😡.

But you also start to see the decline of the show. They ruined themselves in trying to ruin Derek. He might have been fake but what a showman, he was ace.

Pendle Hell will always be my favourite for the drama but I love Lady Drummond being in love with Karl at Fyvie Caste.

☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻☠👻

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Was great “entertainment” back in the day at its peak on Living tv.

Imagine my shock when I found out they don’t actually turn the lights out for the investigations. They just use a filter to make it look like it’s in night vision, for insurance reasons!

• Wow