Most Haunted

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know Most Haunted is like marmite but Iv always been a fan (got all the dvds from its time on LivingTV 🙈🙈😂😂) and I watched it when it was on Really.
Iv always felt abit nostalgic watching it because me and my family always used to gather round and watch it, esp the Halloween specials!
I was a big fan of Derek, even though I know they outed him as a ‘fake’ him in season 6.
But Iv heard so many things about it, things like Stu is nicknamed ‘pebbles’ because he throws a lot of pebbles around to make the supposed haunting noises!!
There have been a few episodes that I felt like they had genuinely caught paranormal activity- for example the whole of the 13 East drive episode, the one were they caught a mans legs walking, the thermal imaging camera picking up a body walking on the beach, the water appearing on the queen Mary by the empty swimming pool.

Iv also laughed a lot at it, I still chuckle at Derek with his ‘Mary loves dick’ and his spontaneous Possession outbursts!
I think they were almost pioneers in Tv ghost hunting and I suppose I give them credit for that.
I just wondered if anyone else is a fan or a hater? Or if anyone else has favourite episodes or moments?
Also, does anyone know where you can watch the Really episodes because the app took them off and now you can’t watch them on there. I know there is a You tube channel that Karl and Yvette post investigations but it just doesn’t feel the same!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I was a big fan of the first three or four seasons with Kieran O'Keefe and that nice historian Richard Felix. But it got a bit silly at times especially with Kath and Yvette screaming at the slightest thing.

Plus they always pointed their night cams at each other rather than the noise or shadow in the room.

Never liked the live shows either. But there were some really good episodes especially Pendle Hill I think it was called.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I was a big fan of the first three or four seasons with Kieran O'Keefe and that nice historian Richard Felix. But it got a bit silly at times especially with Kath and Yvette screaming at the slightest thing.

Plus they always pointed their night cams at each other rather than the noise or shadow in the room.

Never liked the live shows either. But there were some really good episodes especially Pendle Hill I think it was called.
Yes I loved the early shows too! But that Kath was a waste of time! As you say all she did was scream!
I remember which one you mean, at Penske hill all the crew collapsed I think! Was white spooky!
Iv always been a fan of Stu though! I think he’s quite gutsy! X

Reactions: 3
Yes I loved the early shows too! But that Kath was a waste of time! As you say all she did was scream!
I remember which one you mean, at Penske hill all the crew collapsed I think! Was white spooky!
Iv always been a fan of Stu though! I think he’s quite gutsy! X
Shame that they stitched up Derek so publicly, but then I don't think he was fully genuine anyway. Plus since Yvette and her hubby were producers to the show they were always chasing good ratings and therefore had to make each episode suitably creepy.

But the most telling thing about the show as a whole was the legal disclaimer in the closing credits, suggesting it was a programme of entertainment and not a proper scientific investigation.

Shame that they stitched up Derek so publicly, but then I don't think he was fully genuine anyway. Plus since Yvette and her hubby were producers to the show they were always chasing good ratings and therefore had to make each episode suitably creepy.

But the most telling thing about the show as a whole was the legal disclaimer in the closing credits, suggesting it was a programme of entertainment and not a proper scientific investigation.
Yeh I felt sorry for Derek but I think that’s because they did it so publicly. I felt that yes, what he did was wrong, but they did set him up. And I felt like the show was so successful because Derek was hugely entertaining! Everyone was talking about him around that time and I think he became more of the star of the show than Karl and Yvette, and maybe they felt threatened. I don’t know if maybe they put pressure on him to make the show interesting but I would have thought there was always the need to make the next show better.
So yeh I felt sorry for him, the last episode he was in was so sad- they never even thanked him for all his years on the show and for helping to make it the success that I was 😞
I don’t know. It just didn’t sit right with me somehow.
I really can’t make my mind up if a lot was made up or not and I can’t tell the real from the fake! But it was a good show and I always enjoyed it on cold dark nights with a candle lit!
Shame it’s not the same anymore.

Reactions: 4
I think I have some DVDs from the first 4 seasons, which I might dig out and re-watch.

In fact it would be rather appropriate given that its now winter, dark, cold, wet and a little spooky - perfect conditions for watching a programme about ghosts and things that go bump in the night - real or fake ;)

And even if the show was purely for entertainment purposes, and some "noises" weren't genuine, I still have to admire their nerve for actually doing the late night vigils in some ghostly home, especially one with a violent history!

I certainly wouldn't have the confidence to sit in a darkened room for hours on end watching and listening for anything unusual. I'd be out the door as fast as lightening, :LOL:

Last edited:
I think I have some DVDs from the first 4 seasons, which I might dig out and re-watch.

In fact it would be rather appropriate given that its now winter, dark, cold, wet and a little spooky - perfect conditions for watching a programme about ghosts and things that go bump in the night - real or fake ;)

And even if the show was purely for entertainment purposes, and some "noises" weren't genuine, I still have to admire their nerve for actually doing the late night vigils in some ghostly home, especially one with a violent history!

I certainly wouldn't have the confidence to sit in a darkened room for hours on end watching and listening for anything unusual. I'd be out the door as fast as lightening, :LOL:
Before the lockdown I went to visit my mum, it was around Halloween. And we sat reading ghost stories by candlelight (I read the ghost stories thread off here) And then after watched a couple of Most Haunted! Was such a simple thing to do but we really enjoyed it because we love Halloween!!
I agree!!!!I wouldn’t dare sit alone in a room that’s supposed to be haunted esp in the dark! I’m such a wimp and I’d spend most of my time closing my eyes or screaming! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Reactions: 1
I used to absolutely love Most Haunted. The only thing I started to notice was that something ALWAYS happened to Karl and Stu (I think that is his name). They would always go off together and it was always them two with the drama. I have watched a couple of episodes again recently and it can be good entertainment but most of it I take with a pinch of salt

I used to absolutely love Most Haunted. The only thing I started to notice was that something ALWAYS happened to Karl and Stu (I think that is his name). They would always go off together and it was always them two with the drama. I have watched a couple of episodes again recently and it can be good entertainment but most of it I take with a pinch of salt
Yes, Stu & Karl always seemed to be up to something on these vigils, and not always for good reasons. Which is a shame because the first few seasons were actually very good and had a very professional/scientific tone about that them, that gave the show some credence.

But it all went a bit silly, probably in the rush for ratings and good advertising/marketing points. Although even in some of the latter seasons, there was still the odd genuinely frightening episode!

Yes, Stu & Karl always seemed to be up to something on these vigils, and not always for good reasons. Which is a shame because the first few seasons were actually very good and had a very professional/scientific tone about that them, that gave the show some credence.

But it all went a bit silly, probably in the rush for ratings and good advertising/marketing points. Although even in some of the latter seasons, there was still the odd genuinely frightening episode!
I agree! I heard rumours Stu was nicknamed ‘pebbles’ because he would throw stones pretending to be paranormal activity! 😂😂 I imagine that there is truth to it.

They are on YT now. I will always love it as it was the first of its kind and although the chuckle brothers have ruined it i still watch. I got SKY TV just to watch it.

I too have them all on DVD and all the Sky ones (except Season 6 - America) are on Amazon Prime. I also have the DVD Most Haunted 50 greatest moments which is worth a watch.

Mary loves Dick is classic
Godfrey parks at Branningans in Manchester scared the shite out of me when i first saw it. I also remember one where derek lost is tit on the female crew (think it was Clerkenwell Houses of Detention) and i was like ohhhhhhhhh go on Derek.

I will say this; he might have been fake but he was fearless and i admired that about him and he put on one hell of a good show.

Sky own the rights to that format hence why they couldnt have a Psychic on the shite they put out on Really.

I miss the Most Haunted lives - they were always my favourite weekends. Although they got called out on the East Drive one as people can now pause/rewind and you could see Karl being dragged up the stairs by Stu pulling a rope attached to his pants.

I met Ciaran twice at Manchester Piccadilly station and when i say met i mean i walked passed him then totally fangirled all over him.

I met Derek at a book signing - he was lovely.

Pendle Hill - ah the memories

I love all the paranoramal shows but my fave these days is Parnaormal Lockdown and i love the boys from Ghost Asylum/Haunted Towns.

But yes you can see their new shows on Youtube.

I loved Pendle Hill. When I first watched the episode way back when, i think I was stopping over at a former g/f's apartment. We'd been drinking, and scoffing some junk food, but we decided to turn the lights down low to watch the episode, and OMG we screamed and screamed, and immediately through the lights back on again!

I could not take this show seriously enough. Too much screaming coming from them, you missed stuff because of their girly screeching, especially that cry baby Stuart. 🤣 Derek Acorah was slightly more entertaining, especially uttering his famous, “Mary loves Dick” line. 🤣

But the rest of it I found so childish. How this show has managed to milk out series after series, is a bloody miracle! 😉🙄

I prefer the American ghost hunting shows. They have far more credibility.

Reactions: 2
I could not take this show seriously enough. Too much screaming coming from them, you missed stuff because of their girly screeching, especially that cry baby Stuart. 🤣 Derek Acorah was slightly more entertaining, especially uttering his famous, “Mary loves Dick” line. 🤣

But the rest of it I found so childish. How this show has managed to milk out series after series, is a bloody miracle! 😉🙄

I prefer the American ghost hunting shows. They have far more credibility.
Too True! Although I think back in the day, MH was a nice and very different concept for British TV, which is one reason why I was hooked so earlier on.

Reactions: 2
I loved Most Haunted. I always used to record the lives so I could whizz through the filler crap like people texting in to say that their cat had just attacked the TV!

Me and my husband still do impressions of Derek "What's that Sam" is always a favourite!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I loved Most Haunted. I always used to record the lives so I could whizz through the filler crap like people texting in to say that their cat had just attacked the TV!

Me and my husband still do impressions of Derek "What's that Sam" is always a favourite!
I never liked the live shows - too much padding and faffing about, plus the constant badgering to ring a premium rate number for something or other.

However, since its piddling down and blowing a gale in these parts, I think I might rewatch s1 after a 6 year break. Will also have the lights down low too :eek:

• Heart
Did you watch it? Did you enjoy it? I recently re-watched them all and i loved it still - gave me all the nostalgia feels

Am now on season 4

I do miss Jason Karl, who dominated most of season 1.

They seem to have taken on more people over the last 2 or 3 seasons, which in one respect improved production values (especially since each episode now lasts 45 minutes rather than 22 from S1).

But I really don't trust Rick or Stuart and their vigils.

Still entertaining though

I liked it when David Wells joined as the other Psychic - he got pissed off with Karl and Stuart on one of the lives (think it was Transylvania/Romania) and said "if you two start your crap I am off" or words to that effect.

Jason was good but i did like Ciaran too. Karl apparently got rid of Phil as he thought He and Yvette got on far too well.

• Wow
I liked it when David Wells joined as the other Psychic - he got pissed off with Karl and Stuart on one of the lives (think it was Transylvania/Romania) and said "if you two start your crap I am off" or words to that effect.

Jason was good but i did like Ciaran too. Karl apparently got rid of Phil as he thought He and Yvette got on far too well.
That was one problem with the show - too much infighting, too many egos when the show took off!

I liked Ciaran too, and Matt Smith, who offered an objective opinion of what went for each episode.

Never liked David Wells, And after season 6 I tuned out