Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noseynora91

Will the gp refer you to have a mole removed if it is normal. I have two raised ones, one always itches and have been before about it.

littlepup

VIP Member
Get them off even if you need a payment plan to pay for the removal, just might save your life.
A young girl in our city decided she could not afford the medical removal of a wart like lump, she has just passed away a few days after wedding. She had stage 4 melanoma. Very sad.
A scar is way preferable to death.
If they were in any way dangerous I’d of course pay up. I wouldn’t care about a scar either seeing what a malignant growth can do. But it’s not. It’s not that I Can’t afford it, rather I don’t feel it’s warranted to spend a bunch of money purely for cosmetic reasons.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I haven’t heard of that! I’m guessing it’s expensive?
I think it would have to be done privately so I assume it would be!

I just googled it and this came up... although I’m always dubious of ordering things like this online and whether the reviews are legit!

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I’ve had 2 moles on my back removed and one near my hairline. All done by laser. The ones on my back were raised, jelly like moles and they used to get caught on my bra. Plus they made me self conscious as they were quite big.

The one on my hairline was a light coloured SK mole and it looked like a wart more than anything so that had to go too. I went to the doctors about them all but they wouldn’t remove them as it was for cosmetic reasons.

The laser procedure was pretty simple. From what I can remember she injected the area with a needle to numb it and that stung slightly (I’m a wuss when it comes to needles). And then she removed it with the laser which I didn’t feel at all. I think I could smell the burning skin which was pretty rank 😂😷😷

I had to put a plaster on them initially and couldn’t get the area wet for a few days - a week maybe. The ones on my back have left tiny white marks and I haven’t got any scars at all on my hairline.

I’d definitely recommend laser though.
I’m guessing that was done by a private clinic? I’ve got a fair few on my face I’d like removed - NHS just flat out said no and a private doctor said the scars would be bigger than the moles because of being cut out so she wouldn’t recommend it. She didn’t mention laser at all though so I’m wondering if that’s different?