Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
I was looking into getting one removed from my face but a doctor I saw said it would leave a large scar as they have to cut so wide around it.

I’ve seen laser mole removal online though, has anyone had that?
I’m the same, want removed but scared about the scar so it’s better the devil you know for now.
I was pretty much told... free on NHS (as it causes a few problems from time to time) they’ll take it of in the quickeat and easiest way, it’s a medical procedure, not cosmetic, they will try not disfigure you obvs but little concern for how it looks.
I was told if I went private I could have a little more care and regard for cosmetic outcome but still a basic removal for £300 or have it removed by a plastic surgeon who would be totally concerned with minimising the scar but it’s around £5-600. I was also told not all removal methods work for all moles so it depends on the size/depth and location as to what methods and results you can have.
It might be worth a consultation for you if you’re keen to see if it can be done with minimal scaring?

I’m not really a person to spend money on cosmetic procedures, seems indulgent and unnecessary, I also worry my face will look off balance or something because I’m so used to it. But then I think stop being tight and being a pussy and just get on with it as I’ve disliked it for years. It’s a funny old thing to change your face, minor to everyone else but to yourself that sees it everyday, it’s nerve wracking I think

Reactions: 1

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I’ve had a couple on my body removed. I was looking into getting one removed from my face but a doctor I saw said it would leave a large scar as they have to cut so wide around it.

littlepup

VIP Member
Heya - this thread has made me quite anxious about my moles now?! I had one removed as a child from my face because of concerns (I was 10 so can’t remember specifics) but still have 2/3 on my face and probably 5/6 on clavicle? And then obviously more all over body.

Surely I don’t need them removing?! I obvs check they’re not showing any signs and wear a daily SPF regardless but slightly freaking out now!
Don’t freak out. Mole in themselves are fine. Just keep aware of changes to look out for.

• Heart

Rosie878

VIP Member
Has anyone had a completely flat mole removed by laser? I’ve got a few on my thighs which make me really self conscious. I wouldn’t want to remove them all but just 3 or 4 would make a massive difference. They are all completely flat and I read somewhere that only raised moles can be removed via laser.
If anyone has any recs in the north I’d be very grateful

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I’ve had some done at the hospital and some done at the hospital - the ones I had done at the hospital have actually scarred less than the ones done at the GP - I don’t know if that’s just a coincidence lol
But honestly it’s nothing to worry about, they numb it first, then they cut it out and then sometimes they burn it to stop the bleeding before they stitch it but you won’t feel a thing - I’m always surprised how large the wound is because they have to go quite deep and wide to make sure if there are any cancerous cells that they get them all, luckily all mine have been ok
The stitches can sting a little bit afterwards but just keep them clean, I always take the dressing off after a couple of days to let the air get to it - it’s not painful
Hope it goes well 🙂
Thanks, it’s on the top of my foot, just underneath my big toe. I’m hoping I’ll be alright walking on it?

I’ve had a couple on my body removed. I was looking into getting one removed from my face but a doctor I saw said it would leave a large scar as they have to cut so wide around it.

I haven’t heard of that! I’m guessing it’s expensive?

I used to have a mole on my neck when I was a teenager it made me feel so self concious. Fotunately it was removed with the minimum amount of fuss, It was well worth doing. Good luck to you.
Thank you! I’m hoping mine will be the same

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
I’m the same, want removed but scared about the scar so it’s better the devil you know for now.
I was pretty much told... free on NHS (as it causes a few problems from time to time) they’ll take it of in the quickeat and easiest way, it’s a medical procedure, not cosmetic, they will try not disfigure you obvs but little concern for how it looks.
I was told if I went private I could have a little more care and regard for cosmetic outcome but still a basic removal for £300 or have it removed by a plastic surgeon who would be totally concerned with minimising the scar but it’s around £5-600. I was also told not all removal methods work for all moles so it depends on the size/depth and location as to what methods and results you can have.
It might be worth a consultation for you if you’re keen to see if it can be done with minimal scaring?

I’m not really a person to spend money on cosmetic procedures, seems indulgent and unnecessary, I also worry my face will look off balance or something because I’m so used to it. But then I think stop being tight and being a pussy and just get on with it as I’ve disliked it for years. It’s a funny old thing to change your face, minor to everyone else but to yourself that sees it everyday, it’s nerve wracking I think
The doctor I saw who told me about the scarring was actually private, as I have medical insurance that would cover it through work. But that’s what she said too - as it’s not a medical concern she would advise leaving it alone rather than ending up with a big scar on my face.

That’s my other worry too, I don’t really let on to anyone else that I’m bothered about them and so to have some of them removed I think would draw more attention to them? It is a hard one!

I had a few lasered which have left unnoticeable scars. One on my back I had cut out and the scar was as bad as the mole. It’s a raised red circle.
Where were they, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m looking into laser but not sure if they would do it on my face.

Will the gp refer you to have a mole removed if it is normal. I have two raised ones, one always itches and have been before about it.
Yes if you tell them it’s bothering you they should do.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I've had one mole removed from my face by my eye. This was recommended by my GP. It had grown and become quite prominent whilst I was pregnant. I had it done by day surgery in London. It was cut out. Luckily it was benign and it hardly left any mark on my face at all. It didn't hurt but I could hear them doing it.
I had another mole removed from my back. Apparently lots of women have a large mole off centre on their backs which could becoming dangerous - often if it gets chaffed by bra straps. This was one done in the doctor's surgery by the GP himself. Again it did not hurt or cause any disfigurement.
I would not worry. The location of your mole sounds like it might make walking afterwards a bit sore that's all.
Good luck.
Thankyou, I’ve got to go back to work the day after so I’m really hoping I can drive. If needs be I can get a lift into work from a work colleague but I’m hoping I can walk ok

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
I’m guessing that was done by a private clinic? I’ve got a fair few on my face I’d like removed - NHS just flat out said no and a private doctor said the scars would be bigger than the moles because of being cut out so she wouldn’t recommend it. She didn’t mention laser at all though so I’m wondering if that’s different?
This is what was said to me too. That the scar would be worse. But this thread is full of people who are pleased with their removals so it's confusing...

ItsEmmie

Hey! So relieved to find this thread. Just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend anywhere for mole removal in the UK up north? I have two moles on my face which bleed a couple of years ago a lot so I went to the doctor (he was a knob) he laughed and said they were WARTS they’re not lol (I don’t know if anyone ever watches Sabrina on YouTube but she had a removal and mine are literally the same as hers were) anyway it’s been a couple years since then and whilst they haven’t bleed much I need to get them off my face I can barely look in a mirror without crying and it’s seriously affecting my mental health. I just got ready to pop out did my make up and hair and I just can’t go as I feel such disgust for them I want to like myself (pick is exactly where mine are too like on the jaw line and as I have quite a defined jaw and check bones they’re so prominent to me)

Attachments

unfinishedsentenc

VIP Member
Hi guys, I'm just wondering are raised moles abnormal? I have a couple, the colour itself, shape etc looks ok and no itching or bleeding but I'm wondering are them being raised a cause for concern?

Curly Top

VIP Member
I've had 4 removed that they were worried about but all tests came back fine. It's likely to be nothing but better to be safe than sorry :)
I've had one mole removed from my face by my eye. This was recommended by my GP. It had grown and become quite prominent whilst I was pregnant. I had it done by day surgery in London. It was cut out. Luckily it was benign and it hardly left any mark on my face at all. It didn't hurt but I could hear them doing it.
I had another mole removed from my back. Apparently lots of women have a large mole off centre on their backs which could becoming dangerous - often if it gets chaffed by bra straps. This was one done in the doctor's surgery by the GP himself. Again it did not hurt or cause any disfigurement.
I would not worry. The location of your mole sounds like it might make walking afterwards a bit sore that's all.
Good luck.

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
This is what was said to me too. That the scar would be worse. But this thread is full of people who are pleased with their removals so it's confusing...
Yeah exactly. I’ve had two removed (NHS doctors) on my stomach and I’ve got scars but they’re barely noticeable. If I could have the ones on my face removed with similar scars I wouldn’t mind that at all

I’ve had 2 moles on my back removed and one near my hairline. All done by laser. The ones on my back were raised, jelly like moles and they used to get caught on my bra. Plus they made me self conscious as they were quite big.

The one on my hairline was a light coloured SK mole and it looked like a wart more than anything so that had to go too. I went to the doctors about them all but they wouldn’t remove them as it was for cosmetic reasons.

The laser procedure was pretty simple. From what I can remember she injected the area with a needle to numb it and that stung slightly (I’m a wuss when it comes to needles). And then she removed it with the laser which I didn’t feel at all. I think I could smell the burning skin which was pretty rank 😂😷😷

I had to put a plaster on them initially and couldn’t get the area wet for a few days - a week maybe. The ones on my back have left tiny white marks and I haven’t got any scars at all on my hairline.

I’d definitely recommend laser though.

Rodneytrotter

Chatty Member
Just booked in to have a mole on my cheek removed. I'm quite nervous in case it scars but also I'm very self concious about it.

totallytaz

Chatty Member
I had a few lasered which have left unnoticeable scars. One on my back I had cut out and the scar was as bad as the mole. It’s a raised red circle.

Heya - this thread has made me quite anxious about my moles now?! I had one removed as a child from my face because of concerns (I was 10 so can’t remember specifics) but still have 2/3 on my face and probably 5/6 on clavicle? And then obviously more all over body.

Surely I don’t need them removing?! I obvs check they’re not showing any signs and wear a daily SPF regardless but slightly freaking out now!

Curly Top

VIP Member
I have had one removed by my eye. The mole became raised and my doctor suggested it should go. I have a small scar - it looks like a shallow chicken pox scar but I much prefer it to the mole.