Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yourvoiceisgrating

i actually think this has gone waaayyyyyy to far now! Maybe I’m being stupid but I didn’t find ANYTHING MOD said racist and as a WOC I would be the first to prob find a remark racist. For instance I unfollowed Mr and Mrs Meldrum when they made a joke about looking like the KKK now that to me was offensive they also would regularly make fake Indian accents when saying they were “going for a curry” which they thought was hilarious! Saying CB is aggressive is merely an observation not racist. I’d hate to think MOD’s whole career will go down the tubes because of a bunch of ego fuelled instamums. She was wrong doing it but at the same time doesn’t deserve to be labelled racist.

Reactions: 52

judsmum

Chatty Member
This was all incredibly entertaining at the beginning - now it’s like a piss poor episode of midsummer murders. Where I’m from there is literally water everywhere, people have lost their homes, their possessions and because their houses were built on flood plains they aren’t insured. My work place is submerged in water and a woman over the border got swept away to her death. Families are living in the top floors of their homes with no power and are relying on sporadic efforts from neighbours with motorised dingies to rescue them because Ed Milliwank couldn’t sort a piss up in a brewery. But Clemmie Hooper as correctly labelled a few other of her ilk as the cunts they are and the whole country as gone to the tits. Beggars belief!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I spent yesterday looking at NMC hearing listings and outcomes with a friend whose also a midwife, for some work she’s doing around the process. Anyway, reading through the NMC is not known for being particularly quick (their investigations take months if not years) and they will often put plans in place and give registrants support and chances to learn, reflect and be a better nurse/midwife (where it’s safe to do so, of course). Anyone, you or I, can refer someone to the NMC if you have concerns. That doesn’t mean they’re ever going to do anything about your complaint, especially if it’s never been raised at a local level (ie the Trust) or its anonymous, or lacking in evidence. People can message the NMC all they want, but unless it’s more than ‘she said a racist thing on the internet one time’ it won’t amount to anything.

Not really much point to this other than to say her being referred to the NMC makes me feel a bit sad and frankly disgusted at the whole thing. Has she been a dick, yes. Do I think she deserves to have her ability and competence as a midwife questioned? No. Do I think people are just loving the drama and want to pile on her? Yes.

Reactions: 51

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm disappointed but not surprised he's tried to creep back on.

FFS his wife is still headline news and he's offered no public support, couldn't he at least waited a few days? But we are at the time of the year that earns the most from ADs.

Remember when he got snappy at someone that said he did too many ads, then justified himself saying he's only done 5 this year. This was in may and Jan and Feb are dead for ads, that's cherry picking for you.

FOD after a day of not posting on Instagram
n08A8NO.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Lime_Lemonade

This is getting ridiculous now. So many people on Instagram just wanting to have a go at sticking the knife in.
Ffs. I wasted too much time on this already. This is beyond ridiculous. One would argue this is EXACTLY what MOD meant when she said CB brings aggressiveness back to race. This is blowing things so much out of proportion it's actually unbelievable.

Was what she say ok to say given who she is? Nope.

Is generalising black people as aggressive wrong? Hell yeah.

Are there really no POC who bring things back to race as an argument to shut the conversation? Let's be honest, probably plenty.

Was MOD an asshole? 100%

Does she deserve to be dragged through mud and labelled as racist for her family to read it because of one out of context comment that wasn't even the point of this whole thing?? Definitely not.

All these anti-racist crusades are fair if accurate. This isn't the case here. What she said was completely out of order and yes institutionalised racism is still a big issue but let's not make MOD a poster child of black oppression because she isnt one.

And, I wouldn't be surprised if FODs latest post is what it is and there has been no further engagement or deleting comments on mods and FODs Instagrams because there are lawsuits coming. Saying what mod did was a dick move is one thing, labelling her something that will stick forever and will always be there on the Internet is another. It's defamation.

And no, I am not defending her. I do not agree that POC use their race as an excuse, I do not know mod or fod. I'm offering an outsider fresh perspective because people are too quick to throw life alternating labels on her. Are these people living in glass houses?

In the large scheme of things, she bitched about her friends and they found out. Who hasn't.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Ellabella

VIP Member
I'm in no way defending MOD, but this comment "Alice" made is conveniently ignored by all, as it doesn't fit the way the narrative is going;
Screenshot_2019-11-11-12-16-19.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 48

truffletrot

VIP Member
The world has gone stark raving mad!

MOD posted the following comment as Alice about Candice Braithwaite: “she comes across as aggressive, it’s like she uses the race card”

Now all I keep seeing across Instagram stories and posts is “A white midwife has been outed for bullying women of colour online” - WHERE?!

Bloody hell. well that’s a good bit of stretching the truth to where it now no longer resembles reality!

This all came out on Friday and it’s taken people to about yesterday to really whip themselves up into a frenzy, because it was not that bad of a comment! (Ignorant certainly)

Bloody hell, there’s enough actual racism in the world that we can focus on, no need to go making any up.

Reactions: 47

Justlurking1

There aren’t enough facepalms in the world to cover the STATE of the comments on that post.
😂😂😂😂 yeah where do they go”
😂👏🏻 Oh my god same, & what about curby grips?!”

Are they all fucking brain dead or what? Are actual adults sat there laughing at some bloke talking utter shite about bobbles after he literally just threw his wife under the bus on her birthday?
I just...no words.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I work with influencers often and when I first heard about this mother of daughters scandal I thought how terrible. But after reading the threads I can tell you what she said is very mild! I'm a makeup artist often working on campaigns with instagram "stars" and they're always bitching each other even when the person being bitched about has just left the room. All this women supporting women is complete SHITE, it's fiercely competitive and any congratulations when one of them gets something is almost always insincere and the other one is jealous about landing it. They are often very jumped up with a super high opinion of themselves, unlike actual celebrities I've worked with where many are lovely (not all though)! The only thing different here is she's admitted it so like a pack of wolves they are feasting on a carcass . I don't really think any less of the other accounts pouncing on her as I had such a low opinion of them but I think her husband and supposed friend Clemmie T have behaved appallingly, they should have defended her without agreeing with her actions. It's what a decent human/friend/husband would do. Instead it looks like they've distanced themselves to protect their precious instagram following. It's so obvious and unpleasant. I really feel sorry for Clemmie H, she doesn't deserve this at all and I hope she has a good support network around her because that husband and friend can't be trusted.

Reactions: 46

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I do wish people everywhere would stop describing what she did as bullying. It was bitching, at worst. It just feeds into the narrative that Tattle is a dreadful site full of bullies and trolls. It was a stupid thing to do, given who she is and what she has said about Tattle in the past (and presumably conversations with other Instamums). I know there have been other incidents that might fit the bullying tag better but I just can’t see how her posts on here qualify.

insta(sham)

Anyone associating themselves with this kelechnekoff character needs their head examining - absolute nutter, proper went off on one last night saying white women smell and don’t wash, truly racist stuff, absolutely no debate needed. Now these white, middle class women feel it’s their duty to use their position of privilege to shine a light on the institutional racism this woman they didn’t give a shit about until yesterday has faced having their account suspended? Give me strength 🤦🏼‍♀️ Fuck me, this lot really will jump on any bandwagon won’t they. EMBARRASSING

Last edited:
  • Heart

Pollyponsonby

VIP Member
Aliceinwonderlust interacted with almost every one of my posts about her. I have spent the evening reading old and new threads and Clemmie is still very active on Tattle with 2 different usernames! It didn’t take long to figure out! Hey Clemmie 🖐🏻❤

• Wow
  • Haha

Leita

Chatty Member
This whole thing has rolled down a hill like a snowball gaining size.

I’ve unfollowed all insta mums, blue ticks and anyone who has persistently posted on IG and added to the situation. It’s so playground tactic. I’ve lost any respect for them all.

Between seeing this on IG constantly and people putting up Christmas trees on armistice day I’m 🤬

• Wow

Yel

Chatty Member
I wish one publication would print the real issues raised on tattle. Like Simon hooper lying in interviews that he'd never film in the children's bedrooms, film tantrums or anything embarrassing when he's done all three countless times!

• Heart
Reactions: 45

carolinefg

Nah this shit vid is getting too many comments- I don’t buy it.
I think he (his management) have paid to have this post boosted, likely in the US (lots of mentions of "bobby pins" 🙄), guaranteeing loads of comments and engagement - all paid for (I work for an ad agency and we do social media marketing). He is an absolute brazen, self serving tosser. The fact he's done this in the middle of this shitstorm shows who he really is....an sneaky, selfish prat who is ADDICTED to Instagram adoration. Grim.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
If the NMC do investigate I do hope they widen their remit to lool at how she has profited from her midwifery and exploited the vulnerabilities of new mothers in paid adverts.

For example, during maternal mental health week she asked followers to share experiences of pre and post natal depression, combined with birth trauma. She rightly said it was something so few women get the chance to talk about. But then it tunred out it was part of an advert with Superdrug and as a paid partnership Clemmie will have received money for the post. She didn't even reply to any of the people who publicly described traumatic experiences.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 43

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I’m a midwife. For all those thinking that it’s gone too far involving the NMC, we are bombarded with the message do not post anything on social media that will bring your profession into disrepute. And definitely don’t post racially sensitive comments on a public gossip forum. She has chosen to put these comments on knowing full well what the repercussions could be. I have no sympathy.

Look up the nmc code and their social
Media policy. If they receive complaints then they need to investigate it, that’s what they are there for. Medical negligence cases won’t get missed as a result. They are definitely not short on funds.

And if their marriage ends over this then there was something very wrong in the first place.

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
Is FOD taking the absolute piss with that bobble post? His wife has been absolutely vilified in the national press and across Instagram and the onslaught is ongoing. He is incapable of staying off IG for a few weeks to do the right thing. This bullshit vid is his way of saying ‘look guys, not an ad- I told you I’m all about the fun’ as if we can’t see through him. Disgusting.