Mel @mjbyrnex

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do agree that those of us who were parented by ‘boomers’ definitely have some degree of trauma in the sense of emotional neglect. Not exclusively obviously, but I think it’s quite common which is why this gentle parenting seems to be a thing amongst millennials.
It’s a contradiction for Mel to claim to be content and happy with her ridiculous videos whilst being being obsessed with reliving her trauma daily. I haven’t seen today’s video yet, but I remember her saying that she wanted the information to make videos about it. So I think it is mostly for content.
Ultimately Mel is going to have to choose because something is going to happen if she keeps pushing this content. She will have a breakdown, the fans will begin to wonder what she is achieving by repeating here over and over or she will ignore a message from a desperate fan and something catastrophic will happen. This isn’t the way to heal Mel.

Reactions: 7
Also explains why the husband almost looks bewildered every time she's yapping on
---

Also things that were acceptable years ago are not any more . For example I went to high school in late 90's/2000's and the amount of girls in my year who had older boyfriends who had cars and actual jobs. You're talking about 13,14, 15 year olds seeing almost 20 year old men , it's alarming when you think back . But it was literally a sign of the times
---
Don't come for me please , but narcissism is a mental health disorder . No one is justifying her mum's behaviour, or actions IF they happened the way Mel narrates . But would it be acceptable for some one to make post after post about how tit there mum was because she had bipolar?? IF Mel's accounts are true her mother was physically disabled, hearing impaired and was also dealing with major mental health problems
I agree re her mum, Someone or something made her mother the way Mel says she is and Mel won't entertain that. Times were sadly v different, but a deaf woman with 3 kids getting divorced when the children were young is an indicator of problems in itself. My grandparents were wonderful to me but nasty to my mum, Mel won't consider that might have happened to her mum even tho her own mother was different to her and her brother!

Mel could be spending her time doing her family tree and finding out about her family genealogy, that would be far more practical & help her understand where she's from etc than some random social workers document from decades ago which as we all know, won't be the whole truth.

Reactions: 3
Also explains why the husband almost looks bewildered every time she's yapping on
---

Also things that were acceptable years ago are not any more . For example I went to high school in late 90's/2000's and the amount of girls in my year who had older boyfriends who had cars and actual jobs. You're talking about 13,14, 15 year olds seeing almost 20 year old men , it's alarming when you think back . But it was literally a sign of the times
---
Don't come for me please , but narcissism is a mental health disorder . No one is justifying her mum's behaviour, or actions IF they happened the way Mel narrates . But would it be acceptable for some one to make post after post about how tit there mum was because she had bipolar?? IF Mel's accounts are true her mother was physically disabled, hearing impaired and was also dealing with major mental health problems
1000%. my mother is what Mel would describe as a total narcissist at the time, but she was very unwell “mentally”. However, with the right medication etc. it all got back on track. I am not saying it’s cured, because absolutely it isn’t, but we’ve come a very long way together. Her mum probably has a lot of regret and a lot of guilt and she’s not going to tell Mel that let’s be honest. I wouldn’t after having my life splashed all over the internet. Talk about your trauma by all means, but I do think she’s done enough damage now. She just wants to continue with it and I can’t understand it.
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
I think you speak for many re childhood trauma, mine too was horrific and I left home at 15 never to return. There is so much I don't know and chose not to know as it serves no purpose now. No amount of documents will ever explain why her mother did what she allegedly did to her or her brother.
All the information she seeks is in her brain it just hasn't come out yet, I see it as the brains way of protecting us. She looked so unstable at lunchtime, simply because a document hasn't given her the information she requires. Regardless of what info she seeks and finds it won't ever be as much as what's in her own mind tucked away.
Someone who cares for her needs to tell her to calm the fcuk down and realise she cannot change the past. That, won't happen as she's surrounded herself with a bunch of enablers.
I bet somedays her husband dreads coming home from work, no wonder his 1st port of call is the fridge for a beer before listening to another Mel drama! She is exhausting and we only see a snapshot!

She honestly looked demented/delusional at lunchtime, such a massive over reaction and that was over 1 document! Scary! 😳
The more I grow up, the more I realise how many people have had traumatic childhoods and actually how lucky I was in a sense? When she starts leaning on the narc mother topic, I start to roll my eyes and think she’s needs to educate herself. I absolutely feel for her, whatever happened but she needs to realise that those people were probably going through tit too to make them the way they are. No it’s not right, but life can be tit and it’s up to us to turn that into glitter.
Children should be protected absolutely, but the awareness was shite back then. It’s not all about her and I really do think she’s done “enough” to ruin their lives.

• Heart
1000%. my mother is what Mel would describe as a total narcissist at the time, but she was very unwell “mentally”. However, with the right medication etc. it all got back on track. I am not saying it’s cured, because absolutely it isn’t, but we’ve come a very long way together. Her mum probably has a lot of regret and a lot of guilt and she’s not going to tell Mel that let’s be honest. I wouldn’t after having my life splashed all over the internet. Talk about your trauma by all means, but I do think she’s done enough damage now. She just wants to continue with it and I can’t understand it.
The more I grow up, the more I realise how many people have had traumatic childhoods and actually how lucky I was in a sense? When she starts leaning on the narc mother topic, I start to roll my eyes and think she’s needs to educate herself. I absolutely feel for her, whatever happened but she needs to realise that those people were probably going through tit too to make them the way they are. No it’s not right, but life can be tit and it’s up to us to turn that into glitter.
Children should be protected absolutely, but the awareness was shite back then. It’s not all about her and I really do think she’s done “enough” to ruin their lives.
The fact she's told teachers, social workers, doctors, police, done a blog, told her husband, discussed it on social media for nearly a decade proves she's "had a voice"
It's why I'm so sceptical of her intentions and how she's using "Sexual Abuse" to get tiktok famous. She's told her story over & over and keeps doing it and I solely believe she's trying to get tiktok famous by shock & awe tactics. As you say, she's humiliated her family as much as is possible, all she's doing now is ANYTHING to get more followers to get the tiktok fame she seeks imo.

Reactions: 4
Anybody else see today's absolute pity party live? She didn't get sent the childhood documents she wanted under the freedom of information so she sat online sulking, greasy haired, covered in food stains, sulking & snapping at her followers.
She is obsessed with details of her childhood. She's determined to find more facts to criticise her mother with. I've never known a person so obsessed with their past. No-one recalls all the details of their childhood, the brain was still forming then so doesn't recall childhood information so easily but Mel is obsessed.

It's her new crusade, she has to have some misery to focus on and she's now fixated on getting all documents pertaining to her childhood. Her face, language & body language on the live showed the very dark side to Mel. I imagine she is scary when she loses it as she nearly did today and she looked quite demonic!

It’s uncanny 😶😂

Attachments

• Haha
The fact she's told teachers, social workers, doctors, police, done a blog, told her husband, discussed it on social media for nearly a decade proves she's "had a voice"
It's why I'm so sceptical of her intentions and how she's using "Sexual Abuse" to get tiktok famous. She's told her story over & over and keeps doing it and I solely believe she's trying to get tiktok famous by shock & awe tactics. As you say, she's humiliated her family as much as is possible, all she's doing now is ANYTHING to get more followers to get the tiktok fame she seeks imo.
This is what I’m struggling with, what more can be done? I’ve listened to a good part of it and resonated with a few parts due to a family member going through similar, but it leads me to the golden question “what is she trying to achieve, what now?” And I think I said that in my first ever comment on here. What more can be done?
Whatever has gone on, she’s very clearly not over it and I’m kind of sick of hearing her say she is and that shes “happy”. She actually looks miserable… I haven’t got the words for the creepy fella she lives with, I feel like he’s there for the ride and to absolutely take the piss out of unstable emotions. He gives me really bad energy.

Every time I see her live my husband asks “what’s trauma Mel and the creep saying today?” And he’s one of the most sympathetic men there is!😂

• Heart
This is what I’m struggling with, what more can be done? I’ve listened to a good part of it and resonated with a few parts due to a family member going through similar, but it leads me to the golden question “what is she trying to achieve, what now?” And I think I said that in my first ever comment on here. What more can be done?
Whatever has gone on, she’s very clearly not over it and I’m kind of sick of hearing her say she is and that shes “happy”. She actually looks miserable… I haven’t got the words for the creepy fella she lives with, I feel like he’s there for the ride and to absolutely take the piss out of unstable emotions. He gives me really bad energy.

Every time I see her live my husband asks “what’s trauma Mel and the creep saying today?” And he’s one of the most sympathetic men there is!😂
Nothing more can be done because even if her memory allows her to remember more things she has absolutely scuppered any chance of legal resolution as any case in the future would be prejudiced as any of her 40k followers could be on her jury.
Shes using alleged sexual abuse stories purely to make money on tiktok and sell tiktok crap which I think is disgusting. She's repeated her stories so many times, she's now created a new drama re the documents but that will be short lived especially if it comes back saying anything negative about her which it might! As for her husband, he's massively enabling her. Everyone in her life is.

Reactions: 2
Hates Tattle so much that as soon as she heard Mrs Hinch’s Dad had died, she scuttled over to the thread to trawl through it for nasty comments. She’s showing herself up massively, keep chatting Mel you are digging yourself deeper and deeper. Hilarious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just listened to her recent video about the section 37.. a colleague of mine has recently had one of these submitted due to no communication (agreement) between her and her ex partner, essentially a turned sour custody battle and her ex throwing out allegations. Interestingly though, Mel never mentioned that the section 37 covers all the children in the parent(s) care, not just her.

I caught a bit of the live and she was in full victim/narc mode, dragging her husband in to tell him how awful we/I am. She just doesn't have any awareness of her behaviour whatsoever. She keeps saying it's not taking over her life, can anyone count how many Meltdowns she's had in the past month? Keeps saying it's the last time she'll mention trolls.
Each day she starts and ends her online day obsessed with her past and her estranged family, she cries during the day, has meltdowns during the day, she goes live during the day obsessing about her families behaviour, why wouldn't we say she was obsessed?

Then she maintains she's doing this for her followers??? Just as an example, she's done several lives today absolutely obsessed with her past, on each live that I've seen she didn't mention her followers once, it was all about her, her past, her feelings, her anger and her frustration that we pesky trolls may watch her lives. Nah she's not obsessed! Much! 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I know she talks about having a job but does she not work many hours or something? She's in a very unhealthy place with being obsessed with TikTok and reading here. Maybe she needs some friends although they are probably sick of her blabbering on and on all the time?
---
I caught a bit of the live and she was in full victim/narc mode, dragging her husband in to tell him how awful we/I am. She just doesn't have any awareness of her behaviour whatsoever. She keeps saying it's not taking over her life, can anyone count how many Meltdowns she's had in the past month? Keeps saying it's the last time she'll mention trolls.
Each day she starts and ends her online day obsessed with her past and her estranged family, she cries during the day, has meltdowns during the day, she goes live during the day obsessing about her families behaviour, why wouldn't we say she was obsessed?

Then she maintains she's doing this for her followers??? Just as an example, she's done several lives today absolutely obsessed with her past, on each live that I've seen she didn't mention her followers once, it was all about her, her past, her feelings, her anger and her frustration that we pesky trolls may watch her lives. Nah she's not obsessed! Much! 🙄
Harsh but she looks very similar to her mother who she showed a photo of once time

Cannot stand the woman and her sap, creepy husband. She looks like a sloth. I certainly wouldn’t be letting my kids be around her, she’s unhinged

Reactions: 6
I know she talks about having a job but does she not work many hours or something? She's in a very unhealthy place with being obsessed with TikTok and reading here. Maybe she needs some friends although they are probably sick of her blabbering on and on all the time?
---

Harsh but she looks very similar to her mother who she showed a photo of once time
I think she is supposed to work 8am-4pm. She has already been told by her boss not to go live whilst she is working. She still makes TikToks all day though. I wish the colleague who reported her would do it again. She needs to reign it in and do what she is actually paid for.

Several times in her live she contradicted herself and you could almost see in her eyes the moment she realised she was chatting tit! Someone suggested she get a private investigator on the case to out these wretched Tattlers. What, for having an opinion? Tough tits, the last time I checked freedom of speech was still a vibe in this country, whether you like it or not. Maybe she should block this website from her phone? Hold herself accountable for looking here perhaps?

• Haha
I’m going to say it, parenting was so much different back then- I’ve had my own very decent sized portion of childhood trauma and I resented my mother for years for it, there was a level of hate there too (I ended up in care). Now I’ve grown up, I’ve matured and gone on to have my own children and realise how lucky we are to have so much awareness and access to resources for help (not only with our children but also our own mental health). I love my mum, flaws and all.
Her mum probably is a narcissist. But, I think she’s beating a dead horse. if we all looked back, we could all dissect and tear up our childhoods/parents to shreds for what they did and how they brought us up. 😂
If she’s so content with life and in control- leave it alone now. Seriously what benefit is she getting my digging into her childhood?

I do think she’s going to look back on all of this and regret some of it (especially nieces and nephews). What a load of wasted energy.
The beatings we’d get as a kid from parents and teachers 😂🤦🏻‍♀️ I know it’s not funny and quite traumatic memories for some people so shouldn’t be laughed about but you’re so right, it was such a different time! Some of the stuff she mentioned in particular where she said her mom claimed that someone was coming to take her away if she was naughty and I thought but didn’t we all get told this like wasn’t it the norm to hear things like ‘the police will come and take you away if you carry on’

It’s a shame that she claims to miss having that relationship with her nieces and nephews yet leaving this online trail of things her nieces and nephews will be able to view and see what she’s saying about their dad and family 🙉

• Sad
Algorithms fully at work today! I went on twitter and guess who it suggested for me to follow???

Twitter suggested that I follow an attention seeking woman who goes online and not only shares hers, her husbands, her friends and her estranged families private lives, but she also shares publicly the extremely intimate lives of her step children!!!
Nobody is safe from this woman, of course I'll be the one in the wrong for highlighting Mels desperate attention seeking behaviour.
😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

Thought she had a filter on her face then 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
this woman is constantly on my fyp!!! she seems to have a very glass half empty view of life and rather than her vids coming across as a win/survivors story she's actually a bit dreary and depressing.... odd. also, is she only 30? im 37 and thought she was me age or even older.

Reactions: 5