Missing people and murder cases #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been really upset about Marelle Sturrock, probably because of her geographical proximity to me, but also because she just seemed like the loveliest person. It's such a huge loss for her family, but also for the community as a whole.

I'm thinking she must have died on Saturday/Sunday, because the alarm was raised when she didn't turn up to work, and she was found so early on the Tuesday. So she can't have been in on Monday either. I hope it had nothing to do with the emergency alarm on Sunday afternoon. But this also got me thinking - I know women's groups were warning people that if they had a second phone they should turn if off in case it alerted abusive partners, but in future the alarm isn't going to be announced, is it? That's the whole point. So what happens then?

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Police Scotland have issued this…
I was, perhaps naively, giving him the benefit of the doubt and picturing a third party involvement. Sadly that statement shows this is not the case. Very sad. Hope they get to him before he offs himself

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Sadly I think this was inevitable from the earlier statement. I hope there’s closure for the families and not just unanswered questions of why

Reactions: 9
I've been really upset about Marelle Sturrock, probably because of her geographical proximity to me, but also because she just seemed like the loveliest person. It's such a huge loss for her family, but also for the community as a whole.

I'm thinking she must have died on Saturday/Sunday, because the alarm was raised when she didn't turn up to work, and she was found so early on the Tuesday. So she can't have been in on Monday either. I hope it had nothing to do with the emergency alarm on Sunday afternoon. But this also got me thinking - I know women's groups were warning people that if they had a second phone they should turn if off in case it alerted abusive partners, but in future the alarm isn't going to be announced, is it? That's the whole point. So what happens then?
I think there's an option to turn off receiving all emergency alerts on your phone.

For example: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/apr/21/how-to-disable-uk-emergency-alerts-on-your-phone

Reactions: 5
Urgent appeal to find boy, 7, missing after getting separated near Tesco in Birmingham - Birmingham Live (birminghammail.co.uk)
Another little person missing :(

Seven-year-old Joshua became separated from his parents near Tesco Express in Carrs Lane just after 6 pm on Monday.
Joshua was last seen wearing a black fur-trimmed coat, black and white Nike trainers and a black cap.
Police are asking anyone with information on his whereabouts to call 999 quoting log 3398 of 8/5.
---
I often think of Daniel, hardly any coverage at the time or since :(

Reactions: 2
A body has been found in Spain of a female aged between 25-30 who’s been lying there for a considerable amount of years . It’s the spot where Amy Fitzpatrick was last seen and a satchel also found that was familiar to one she had . Identification is going to take time until they truly know it’s her . So sad 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16