Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of his journey would have been on motorway. Are the police likely to stop him on a motorway? And a considerable amount was though Spain, so I'm not sure if they were doing checks or under a lockdown. Different regions in France were under different Covid restrictions, not all were under the nighttime curfew. There's a list here

It does seem a long way to go and get back in a window of time. It really depends on the timings of his alibi to see if it was possible.

Reactions: 2
Well unless DC was using his credit card and phone all day long on all of those days, then of course he could have driven to where she was, especially if she slept back at the Cabane de la Besurta the night of the 22nd, and maybe something happened the following morning. Then he went back and started using his phone and credit card again. It was only 100 miles away. Maybe they arranged to meet at that Cabane during the phonecall on the 22nd as he could drive right up to that spot that night. If her phone was off there would be no more pinging & he could easily have left his back home. Now personally I don't think this happened, but my point is, it's ridiculous to say he can't have had access to her because he used his phone and credit card those days. He would have had to have been on them every hour of every day to ascertain that. 100 miles is only a 1.5 hour drive. He's controlling this narrative way too much and is making himself look as guilty as sin. I don't know why he is doing this. Look at Caroline Crouch's husband. Everyone thought he was innocent too. He was there at her funeral all snivelling and it was only then they arrested him. I wouldn't be surprised there's some suicide note on her phone, written by him, and the whole thing gets passed off as suicide.
Ahhh. He could have traveled to her late at night and been back by morning.

Reactions: 7
Dan just posted this on Facebook:

Dear Friends,

I expect some of you will have seen some of the recent statements made by the French authorities overseeing the investigation into Esther's death. Myself and Esther's mum visited the lead investigator in Toulouse this morning and they provided us with all the information they have at this time. It is, of course, up to them now to release that information once it is formally confirmed.

The purpose of this post is simply to express my, and the rest of the family's, continued gratitude and admiration for the work done by all of the various police teams that have been involved on both sides of the border -since day one of the search - both of the search and rescue units and both of the investigative teams.

I simply don't have the vocabulary to fully express how challenging these past months have been, but I am certain that without the support, courage and determination of the individuals assigned to lead this case and their team members, those difficulties would have been significantly increased.

We've thanked everyone in person already, but I wanted to say it publicly. Having experienced first hand how hard it was to find answers, I honestly don't think they could have done more. The only difference between me and them was that I only had a single task, while they continued to rescue others as well. They are heroes.

Thank you all, from the bottom of our hearts.

Is it just me, but this rubs me the wrong way. I get that he is thanking those who helped, but it's so "happy". I'm also quite shocked that this is the first thing he addresses now that the news has come out. How about addressing Esther? The girl he failed to alert the authorities on for 3 days. Shouldn't she come first? Couldn't he have tagged a paragraph of gratitude on to the end of a lovely obituary for Esther? Tell us all the wonderful things about her, tell us of his absolute devastation over these past months and esp the past few weeks. The cynic in me thinks he's mightily happy the authorities have classed this as an accident and he's very "grateful" for that. Sorry everyone, but I'm very cross & upset about this. Esther deserved far better. RIP & fly high sweet girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I, myself, me, my…

He’s totally centred himself there. Extraordinary.
I'm glad it's not just me thinking this.

Do the police ever put out false statements in order to catch a killer out? After that elated post thanking the police I'm back to wondering if he did do it. But the police have been adamant these past 2 days that it was an accident and that he had nothing to do with it. Do they ever put out these statements falsely as a "ruse" in order to catch someone out? Or am I totally overthinking it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Even if it was a tragic accident, it seems Esther was trying to gently extricate herself from the relationship over time - probably extending her hiking trips to gather her courage, build her confidence (self esteem at rock bottom no doubt) to finally do it and hoping at the same time it would get him used to her not being around. Working out the steps to unpick their intertwined finances, livelihoods etc in the face of resistance from the other person without triggering their temper. And however it happened - that plan of action has one way or another led to her death. That bright, beautiful woman. And now that guy gets to speak for her memory and tell everyone who she was. Honestly my heart breaks for her.

In these situations you just have to pack a bag and bleeping run. Don’t worry if he threatens to hurt himself, or says he’ll track you down and you’ll regret it. Just run. There but for the grace of god go so many of us.

Reactions: 10
Even if it was a tragic accident, it seems Esther was trying to gently extricate herself from the relationship over time - probably extending her hiking trips to gather her courage, build her confidence (self esteem at rock bottom no doubt) to finally do it and hoping at the same time it would get him used to her not being around. Working out the steps to unpick their intertwined finances, livelihoods etc in the face of resistance from the other person without triggering their temper. And however it happened - that plan of action has one way or another led to her death. That bright, beautiful woman. And now that guy gets to speak for her memory and tell everyone who she was. Honestly my heart breaks for her.

In these situations you just have to pack a bag and bleeping run. Don’t worry if he threatens to hurt himself, or says he’ll track you down and you’ll regret it. Just run. There but for the grace of god go so many of us.
God your words are haunting. And sadly very true. You're right, one way or the other it led to her death. It's so heartbreakingly sad.

Reactions: 9
With some paltry donation to a mountain rescue group in her name so he can claim he’s honouring her memory for a worthy cause 🙄

Reactions: 6
There's a new Daily Mail article saying "100% an accident". They have a better map of her entire journey in here:

Just because DM says it doesn't make it true.

They have budgeted for 1 month forensic investigation.

At this point that is the only fact.

It is impossible to determine any cause of death until scientific investigation states what it is.

Reactions: 7
Just because DM says it doesn't make it true.
I’m also not wholly convinced that if the police say this then it’s true. Mistakes are made all the time. I imagine where it’s a cross country issue as well they’re probably keen to close the case quickly and might be quicker to say it was an accident if they can ‘get away’ with doing so.

Reactions: 4
Very chilling isn't it?
Yes.

On the face of things it all looks like a fall. But let's wait a month and see.

I’m also not wholly convinced that if the police say this then it’s true. Mistakes are made all the time. I imagine where it’s a cross country issue as well they’re probably keen to close the case quickly and might be quicker to say it was an accident if they can ‘get away’ with doing so.
Perhaps? The article wasn't very clear ito translating the prosecutor's words.

I just know the laws in 1st world countries require forensic investigation of odd deaths and they sent an expensive team to De Glere...

Putting ourselves in their shoes:

Why announce the day prior (article on DM) that your Criminal Investigations Technicians will take 1 month to decide the cause...

If you were planning to wrap it up faster?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Whatever the truth, Dan has come across horribly throughout and that has not helped his public image despite the support from Daily Mail comments. Not a reason to suspect someone as being guilty of murder, obviously, but maybe he should question why people thought so negatively of him.

Reactions: 6
Lol we are all feeling gaslit by the Daily Mail & the French cops alternating statements on a daily basis.

We collectively have cognitive dissonance. That's harmful.

When gaslit, one has to list facts to get back to reality:

1. They quizzed him for hours & made that public. When challenged by LBT DM kept the headline up

2. They state we need 1 month to determine cause.

3. Next day they state it looks like an accident. DM gaslits further without proof (no forensics yet) to say "100%"

4. Either Prosecutor Christophe A wants to look like a fool, or wrap up a losing game fast - possible - or they are deliberately doing this to us (cognitive dissonance).

Perhaps they want the annoying media to leave them alone for a month?

All I know is the DM and French both behaved like schizos in 48hrs.

Why?

French article translated: https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...e-l-hypothese-de-la-chute-mortelle-1628860327

"The Saint-Gaudens public prosecutor announced that investigations are continuing to try to refine the circumstances of this death as much as possible."

2 findings stick out:

- she has 2 fractures. Assumed caused by fall. Assumptions.

- her shoes had worn out soles. They are not the shoes she ought to be wearing if she was peak climbing.

The latter bothers me. She was an intelligent woman. I cannot envisage her wearing worn out shoes to go up pic de sauvegarde never mind the more dangerous pic de glere.

(Mountain experts on WS can't believe she'd go up pic de glere full stop. It had fewer attractive features & was more dangerous than a nearby Pic)

Did someone put old shoes on her later?
Did she ever summit pic de glere or simply hike to porte da glere as she had said she would?

very different shoes are required for hiking vs summiting mountain peaks.

Autopsy anomalies:

"The Saint-Gaudens public prosecutor announced that investigations are continuing to try to refine the circumstances of this death as much as possible."

2 findings stick out:

- she has 2 fractures. Assumed caused by fall.

- her shoes had worn out soles. They are not the shoes she ought to be wearing if she was peak climbing.

The latter bothers me. She was an intelligent woman. I cannot envisage her wearing worn out shoes to go up pic de sauvegarde never mind the more dangerous pic de glere.

(Mountain experts on WS can't believe she'd go up pic de glere full stop. It had fewer attractive features & was more dangerous than a nearby Pic)

Did she ever summit pic de glere or simply hike to porte da glere as she had said she would?

Source: https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...e-l-hypothese-de-la-chute-mortelle-1628860327

Editing gremlins got me. Sorry for the dog's breakfast above.

I'll give it a break for a while. Focus on the shoes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Lol we are all feeling gaslit by the Daily Mail & the French cops alternating statements on a daily basis.

We collectively have cognitive dissonance. That's harmful.

When gaslit, one has to list facts to get back to reality:

1. They quizzed him for hours & made that public. When challenged by LBT DM kept the headline up

2. They state we need 1 month to determine cause.

3. Next day they state it looks like an accident. DM gaslits further without proof (no forensics yet) to say "100%"

4. Either Prosecutor Christophe A wants to look like a fool, or wrap up a losing game fast - possible - or they are deliberately doing this to us (cognitive dissonance).

Perhaps they want the annoying media to leave them alone for a month?

All I know is the DM and French both behaved like schizos in 48hrs.

Why?

French article translated: https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...e-l-hypothese-de-la-chute-mortelle-1628860327

2 findings stick out:

- she has 2 fractures. Assumed caused by fall. Assumptions.

Autopsy anomalies:

2 findings stick out:

- she has 2 fractures. Assumed caused by fall.

Source: https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/fai...e-l-hypothese-de-la-chute-mortelle-1628860327

Editing gremlins got me. Sorry for the dog's breakfast above.

I'll give it a break for a while. Focus on the shoes.
She had spikes for her shoes which she didn’t use. So yes, it’s very probable she wore worn shoes.

I mean you are reaching a bit by saying you feel like we are being gaslighted 🥴

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.