Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess everyone has a different relationship with food. If grieving or experiencing some other upsetting crisis I lose my appetite.

I've just never seen someone's appearance change so dramatically after a tragedy as the boyfriend's.

I'm not sure what it means.
He could have been put on strong medication which can cause weight gain (this happened to a friend of mine).

Reactions: 5
I find it especially suspicious that he’s ‘found’ her shortly after that bone turned up. I’d guess at this stage he wasn’t expecting that to happen so now he’s had to either tamper with her more, or he thinks ‘finding’ her will stop people being suspicious of him.

Reactions: 9
By miraculously finding her body.
I agree. He’s lost his patience with the investigation and is craving the attention and spotlight on him by her body being found. This desire for attention, and the anger that still remains from whatever triggered him to kill her, is making him take unnecessary risks (‘finding’ her when he’s known where she was long ago), but he can’t help himself in my opinion.

It’s actually a good thing that he seems to crave the attention, and believes himself to be 10 steps ahead of them; that’s what will catch him out in the end. If he had kept his head down and not constantly made himself front and centre he might have got away with it. But then Ian Huntley couldn’t help himself either......

He’s so bleeping pleased with himself that he got away with it, but for people like him it’s almost meaningless unless other people are aware of his brilliance. It will be a relief for him when he can finally shout it to the world, but of course that relief will come with the price of being caught and punished.

He’ll be caught; it will just take time.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The worst nightmare for the mother.
Whoever is guilty of the death of Esther will be found out soon,now they have the rest of her body to work on.Forensics are amazing these days...so look out whoever the baddy is.

Reactions: 10
Huge coincidence that right at the time when the needle swings towards it being suspicious (foul play) due to the fact that no equipment/clothing has been found, results in…. her clothing and equipment being found. And how is this information released? Dan putting out a statement via an agency saying this means it’s now highly likely an accident. Ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I find it especially suspicious that he’s ‘found’ her shortly after that bone turned up. I’d guess at this stage he wasn’t expecting that to happen so now he’s had to either tamper with her more, or he thinks ‘finding’ her will stop people being suspicious of him.
I think he moved the bone. It would be way too unrealistic & dramatic for hikers to stumble over her when he'd hidden her so well initially.

He moved the bone as a teaser.

So that he could seize glory a week or two later.

He wants a bestseller via more BBC interviews. And to be seen as a hero.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
It would be way too unrealistic & dramatic for hikers to stumble over her
I’m personally not wedded to any particular theory re: accident/suicide/foul play but there are lots of reasons why the skull fragment might have only just been found. Snow melt, percolation through rocks, moved by animals, dropped by vultures, trails only just been reopened for the summer.

If you spend any significant amount of time in mountains you know how easily accidents can happen and how hard it might be to locate/recover a body. I just hope this latest discovery helps the police get to the bottom of what really happened.

Reactions: 7
Esther posted twice "I think I can see you" in the days leading up to her phone signal suddenly dying

She had never stated that before in years of hiking.

Dan is a "mountain runner". He put that in the blog.

It takes 4hrs to get up the mountain from Luchon.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Esther posted twice "I think I can see you" in the days leading up to her phone signal suddenly dying

She had never stated that before in years of hiking.

Dan is a "mountain runner". He put that in the blog.

It takes 4hrs to get up the mountain from Luchon.

How do you know she never stated that before? Did Dan say so?

"they were found "in a very rugged area", at the level of the Pic de la Gléré, a few hundred metres higher than the eponymous Port."

translated from

https://actu.fr/occitanie/bagneres-...riel-d-esther-dingley-retrouves_44044812.html

So...

Esther summits Pic de Sauvegarde & her phone goes dead after a call with DC.

Then we are supposed to believe with darkness falling soon that she then summits another Pic (peak) and accidentally gets into an "inaccessible" place.

"On Monday afternoon, Dan Colegate spotted the body below the Pic de la Gléré, in an area that was "very difficult to access", and reported it to the gendarmes, who intervened on site."

But even more miraculous... Dan the superhero has eagle eyes.

He manages "to spo

"they were found "in a very rugged area", at the level of the Pic de la Gléré, a few hundred metres higher than the eponymous Port."

translated from

https://actu.fr/occitanie/bagneres-...riel-d-esther-dingley-retrouves_44044812.html

So...

Then we are supposed to believe with darkness falling soon that she then summits another Pic (peak) and accidentally gets into an "inaccessible" place.

"On Monday afternoon, Dan Colegate spotted the body below the Pic de la Gléré, in an area that was "very difficult to access", and reported it to the gendarmes, who intervened on site."

But even more miraculous... Dan the superhero has eagle eyes and magical intuition.

He manages "to spot her" in such an "inaccessible" place

* Sorry for the awful duplicates above. My phone editing is bumpy.

• Wow
I read the “I think I can see you” message as meaning the general area he was in, from a long distance?

Reactions: 10
I read the “I think I can see you” message as meaning the general area he was in, from a long distance?
It could be so.

But it could indicate he'd joked he was coming to see her. There was debate about it on Tattle.

I now think it was the latter & thus she was evasive about her locations.

After all... He is the stalkery controlling type who wrote about loathing her.

And she as someone noted a few pages ago ... spent nights in trailer parks near their housesit rather than with him.

Reactions: 3

Exactly how accidents happen - even experienced hikers can overestimate their ability when tired (she had minimal food), in fading light, with temperature dropping, potentially icy conditions. If she’d fallen and had an accident with those conditions she’d be severely impaired.

The recently found piece of skull would have narrowed down the search area, entirely possible that where the rest of her remains were found has been covered in snow until now

Reactions: 1
I don't think Dan sounds like a great guy to be in a relationship with, but I also know (sadly from personal experience) how often people die in accidents while hill walking / mountain climbing. And the body not being found immediately isn't a great mystery, given the time of year. However, who knows? I hope the police are able to gather enough evidence to confirm how she died, and whether anyone else was involved.

Reactions: 7
Exactly how accidents happen - even experienced hikers can overestimate their ability when tired (she had minimal food), in fading light, with temperature dropping, potentially icy conditions. If she’d fallen and had an accident with those conditions she’d be severely impaired.

The recently found piece of skull would have narrowed down the search area, entirely possible that where the rest of her remains were found has been covered in snow until now
I think you have a very kind mind. And what you state is definitely plausible.

I like some others, view his past & present behaviour as seamless.

He is predictable because of his inner rage. IMO.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.