Missing Blogger Esther Dingley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is anyone following this story? It's all very troubling.

I sense the Mail are doing that thing they do where they are sitting on something much bigger but can't say (yet?) so have posted what seems to be a rather random and inconsequential piece about Esther "looking sad" (is it that easy to tell when someone is wearing a face mask?) in a shop for a few minutes.

Feel terrible for those who know her, they will be going through hell.

Reactions: 20
There is something not quite right about it! And yes the comment about their lives not being as happy as they seemed on social media - but couldn’t you say that for most people...?!

the weirdest thing of all to me is that 1) the bbc article got published on the day she disappeared?? (Or just before) seems too strange to be a coincidence and 2) why did she go off hiking by herself so often? Seems odd that her partner never went with her.

Reactions: 17
I too think this is really odd. They seem to have so much written about them online. Her partner has a lot of stuff about living with a bowel condition then, as you say, that article on the BBC site just before she went missing.

Part of me thinks she's just fed up with him and has done a runner and part of me thinks she might be in trouble. Hope she's OK.

Reactions: 6
Part of me thinks she's just fed up with him and has done a runner and part of me thinks she might be in trouble. Hope she's OK.
I really hope she's ok too. Best case scenario she's just taken some time to herself and is having a breather. Hopefully it isn't an accident or foul play. The current weather must make it so much harder for a proper investigation.

Reactions: 3

Someone was spotted in her campervan days after she disappeared, apparently sleeping, but Spanish police say "yea that was one of our forensic officers". Having a nap?

OK then

Reactions: 10
I’ve been following this too. I’d read the bbc article the weekend before she disappeared so when I saw she was missing I thought the name seemed familiar and then realised why

It gets weirder and weider.

Also, the DM keep repeating the fact about her boyfriend staying at £1000 a week farmhouse. What are they hinting at there?

Reactions: 10
It gets weirder and weider.

Also, the DM keep repeating the fact about her boyfriend staying at £1000 a week farmhouse. What are they hinting at there?
I've just read that article. It's very odd that they keep focusing on that, especially considering he's house sitting, not paying rent on the place. It does make you wonder if the press know more information than they are able to print.

Reactions: 11
I've just read that article. It's very odd that they keep focusing on that, especially considering he's house sitting, not paying rent on the place. It does make you wonder if the press know more information than they are able to print.
They do make it sound like he's got money and is paying for use of the property so it's a real surprise to know that's not the case.

They do seem to be hinting at something, more and more so as each day goes on.

Reactions: 4
I think there’s something here. When they can rule out the partner straight away they always do. Remember Jo Yeates in Bristol? Her partner was never brought up.

Reactions: 7
I think there’s something here. When they can rule out the partner straight away they always do. Remember Jo Yeates in Bristol? Her partner was never brought up.
Hadn't thought of that.

The longer it goes on with the same reporting style, the more suspicion they will raise and they'd know this. Would they risk it without feeling they really were on the right track?

I read that her partner said he was going back to where she is reportedly missing even though he wasn’t supposed to have been there before.

I’ve been following this case closely.
from the beginning & still even now.. I am convinced the partner has something to do with it & there’s much more than meets the eye.
If you go on their joint Facebook page - some of the stuff he’s written is odd..

Reactions: 6
What is the page?

Hope she’s found safe but the longer she’s missing the less likely that becomes. I had never heard of her before this so not clued up on the backstory, but something seems odd about her disappearance.

So awful for those close to her.

What was the health scare that set them off on this journey together? I think her going missing is somehow linked to that, and a fall (despite searchers / investigators ruling that out, I feel they're wrong). I hope she is found safe.

ETA: I've since read that it was depression.

I don't think there's anything newsworthy in the "their relationship wasn't as perfect as it was portrayed" comments ... I doubt anyone's relationship is 100% unicorns and rainbows all of the time (especially for couples who have been together for as long as they have [18 years]).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm so glad to see this thread! I've been following the story since it broke and something very strange is definitely going on.

THe partner said the reasoning for her wanting to go on this trip was that they realised they'd not spent any time apart this year... I know people's relationships are different and quirky and that they had been together a long time but I've never looked at a partner of mine and said we've not spent any time apart this year and I think we should!

And as mentioned above the reporting on it is very weird. Going over the same points, focusing on abstract things, it's definitely like they know more and are hinting as they do, but what could they know that they wouldn't just print (papers don't usually care much when it comes to printing what they like.... Unless there is an injunction or some foreign laws they need to respect). I read the article about their relationship not being as it seemed and they repeated that over and over throughout which made me think there is something they were wanting to get across subliminally along that line of theory..

It was a clear day, she had plenty of time to get down before dark, she was experienced and had all the right equipment, they've said the route wasn't particularly dangerous with anywhere to fall and if there was a freak accident they would have expected to have found her by now. So for me it all points to either she has removed herself and doesn't want to be found, or someone has removed her and doesn't want her to be found...

And finally the bear theory... I just can't. I don't know much about bears but I doubt it would have eaten her trainers and rucksack too

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.