Misheard lyrics

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a child, I thought 'Everytime you go away' by Paul Young went like this:

Every time you go away
You take a piece of meat with you
---

Also The Beatles, I wanna hold your hand:

It's such a feelin that my love
I get high
I get high
I get high..........
---

Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody:

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
It's Miller! No we will not let you go
(Let him go!) it's Miller! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) it's Miller! We will not let you go

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Also The Beatles, I wanna hold your hand:

It's such a feelin that my love
I get high
I get high
I get high..........
omg I thought it was “I get high” until 10 seconds ago…duck me that’s a revelation 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
My husband is dreadful with lyrics but the one that get's me is 'Annie (I'm Not Your Daddy)'

The lyrics are:

Break it to me gently now
Don't forget I'm just a child

He always sings 'Don't forget I've just been shot' ... I have no idea why. It's not even misheard. Just totally wrong. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I heard the Lizzo song Good as Hell as played at Glastonbury and I spent the morning walking around singing ‘air drop, check my mails’ before my husband finally asked me what the hell i was singing. Turns out it‘s ‘hair toss, check my nails’.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
All these years I thought Amy Winehouse was saying "duck my head with superman" in Tears Dry on their Own but she's actually saying "Not duck myself in the head with stupid men" which obviously makes more sense 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Only a little 1 but I found out today that for 40+ years I’ve been singing the Men at Work song Down Under wrong
I thought it was “buying bread from a man in Brazil”
Nope it’s “buying bread from a man in Brussels”
It so sounds like Brazil 🤣

• Haha
About 10-15 years ago there was a dance track with the chorus:-

"Keep on pushing harder,
Keep on pushing it harder"

Makes sense for a dance track yeah?

My friends mum was convinced the REAL chorus was :-

"Keep on pushing Arthur,
Keep on pushing King Arthur"

She wasn't taking the piss. She thought we were winding her up when we pointed out her error. I admire the mind that thought the whole King Arthur thing made perfect sense!

Only a little 1 but I found out today that for 40+ years I’ve been singing the Men at Work song Down Under wrong
I thought it was “buying bread from a man in Brazil”
Nope it’s “buying bread from a man in Brussels”
It so sounds like Brazil 🤣
How would that rhyme with muscles?

Reactions: 1
When I was little, listening to ABBAs ‘Fernando’. I always thought the lyrics were:

’They were shining there for you and me. Oh leave the tea, Fernando’

Like she was saying this is a beautiful moment, I’m really not bothered about tea, just leave it!

• Haha
Ok for years... sisqo thong song I thought it said let me hear that song baby that song song song song song love it when the beat goes...

I’ll see myself out.

• Haha
I have genuinely learned so much from this thread - including the need to practice pelvic floor exercises😂😂😂😳
Looking at you Sidewinder lyrics! How is it not Jamaica??
Spicegirls Hai Si Ja - I've never mis-sung the lyrics but had no idea what it meant.
Absolutely no idea that 'praise you' wasn't sung by FBS.

S Club 7 Don’t Stop Moving, the lyrics are ‘forget about your fears tonight’ I used to think it was ‘forget about your frizz tonight’ I thought yass embrace that natural hair

• Haha