Migraines

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve suffered for 12 years with migraines. They were now and again, then ended up being 3 or more a week. I tried everything to solve it but went to my go. There’s no trigger for me, I think it may be linked to my hyper mobility but the Go first gave me amitriptyline. I stuck it for 2 months but was so spaced out we switched to propanalol and this works! I still get migraines but now as frequently. I find two paracetamol, 2 ibuprofen lysine (342mg I think usually sole as supermarkets rapid relief or migraine relief and cheaper than neurofen) and a drink with caffeine (coke usually) will get rid of it within half hour and if it’s super bad will dull it down so I can deal with it.

I feel your pain, I've suffered with migraines since teenage years and now I'm in my late thirties. I have been prescribed amitriptyline and take naratriptan when I feel a migraine attack coming... Usually see visual lights and start feeling sick. I was prescribed short term antisickness tablets but was told you can't take them longterm as they interfere with the heart. I do find the pink migraleve u can buy from the chemist work brilliantly and keeping a food diary to hopefully find out your triggers sometimes helps.

I had never had a migraine untill I had my daugther, lucky they aren't that often but they do make me throw up which is the worst part for me. Always know when ones starting as I suddenly loose all energy then it hits. No ideas what triggers it!

Also suffer with chronic migraine. Currently receiving Botox to help prevent. Waiting to try the new calcitonin(?) injection.
People who think it’s “just a headache” have no idea! I can function with a headache.

Been really struggling with migraines of late. I’ve had 4 in the last 7 weeks. I’ve taken sumatriptan for the first time today and it’s made me feel super sick but also very weirdly spaced out and...high. Is this normal?!

Been really struggling with migraines of late. I’ve had 4 in the last 7 weeks. I’ve taken sumatriptan for the first time today and it’s made me feel super sick but also very weirdly spaced out and...high. Is this normal?!
Yup. I find if I have ever had paracetamol at same time room spins.

I am suffering from daily headaches at the moment with occasional migraines. But I am currently waiting on a diagnosis for condition of which chronic headaches are a side effect. I also had viral meningitis 5 months ago and could be lasting impact

Yup. I find if I have ever had paracetamol at same time room spins.

I am suffering from daily headaches at the moment with occasional migraines. But I am currently waiting on a diagnosis for condition of which chronic headaches are a side effect. I also had viral meningitis 5 months ago and could be lasting impact
I actually feel horrendous after taking this. Really weird pressure in my chest and head. Have a call with my doctor on weds regarding a separate issue so will tell him!

It is normal and quite a common side effect when taking it, do you have tablet or spray form?

Reactions: 1
It is normal and quite a common side effect when taking it, do you have tablet or spray form?
Tablet form! I could feel one coming in so took one straight away. I don’t really get pain from my migraines, mine are aura ones. I end up almost blind in one eye when they are bad.

ETA - I actually think I took it too quickly. I took it at the warning rather than when it really kicked in.

Hi, can you let me know where you get this? Is it from the pharmacy or prescribed? Hope you feel better

Sorry but that is incredibly dangerous to order prescription medication online without having seen a GP first. This medication is not safe for everyone.
To the OP asking about it, please speak to your GP first.

Hi, can you let me know where you get this? Is it from the pharmacy or prescribed? Hope you feel better
You can now get Sumatriptan at most chemists. Speak to the pharmacist if you take other medication or need advice.

1839E9C8-4289-4C84-934E-57663C763227.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I definitely would speak to your doctor. I have had awful side affects taking it today. If you have any issues with blood pressure, breathing, heart problems etc I imagine it could be dangerous.

Reactions: 3
I can't take triptans, they make me extremely ill. The most effective treatment for me has been a monthly monoclonal antibody injection (ajovy) and 91 day cycle combination birth control pill. I've been migraine free for a year now which has honestly saved my life because of how severe, disabling and neverending & chronic my migraines are without treatment.

I had pharmacokinetic genetic testing done which helped my neurologist figure out treatment options. It's been a huge help with my other doctors as well, for other conditions; I highly recommend it if you can get it done.

Reactions: 1