Michael McIntyre's The Wheel

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Mr A got the Earth qtn right & I got the Brooklyn Beckham one, says alot about us!
I thought it was Elton John then talked myself out of it as I know he is Damien Hurley's godfather.

I do like The Wheel. I can't stand Ant and Dec's Takeaway now. Seems so completely forced and puerile. I used to like it too.

Reactions: 7
I really liked Jonathan, he was a great contestant. And The Wheel is a far superior offering than anything Ant n Dec put out.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I really liked Jonathan, he was a great contestant. And The Wheel is a far superior offering than anything Ant n Dec put out.
Totally agree. I used to love Take Away but I haven't watched it for the last couple of series.

Absolutely love The Wheel. I had a friend who went to watch a recording and said Michael is brilliant. Very professional.

Reactions: 8
For some reason MM seems reviled, particularly in his own industry. I don’t get it. He is not edgy, he is just an old school entertainer. I was listening to a Rob Brydon podcast, he was talking to a comic, can’t remember who, they were really snotty about The Wheel. It just came across as jealousy. I really like Rob but I was surprised he was being so bitchy. I like his other show too.

Reactions: 3
For some reason MM seems reviled, particularly in his own industry. I don’t get it. He is not edgy, he is just an old school entertainer. I was listening to a Rob Brydon podcast, he was talking to a comic, can’t remember who, they were really snotty about The Wheel. It just came across as jealousy. I really like Rob but I was surprised he was being so bitchy. I like his other show too.
I genuinely think it is jealousy. I love MM. I do find him very funny. He's not cool and he is liked across the generational board. Some comics find that hard because they are so niche and too cool for school. Similar to authors who right dreary arty stuff look down their noses at popular writers like Richard Osman.

Reactions: 12
I don't get the hate for Michael Mcintyre tbh. Is it since Stewart Lee called him 'warm diarrhoea'?
I think he is very good on The Wheel - enthusiastic and funny.

Reactions: 12
I like MM as a presenter but his stand-up isn't for me. Great for Saturday night telly though.

I did quite well! Rosie was irritating to me.

Reactions: 4
Always loved the Wheel since it's started tbh.
Am I being crappy saying that i'm glad Jonathan didn't win? I mean he's already been to Australia seven times?! Can't be short of a few bob or two.
Also, the fake laughing pissed me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Always loved the Wheel since it's started tbh.
Am I being crappy saying that i'm glad Jonathan didn't win? I mean he's already been to Australia seven times?! Can't be short of a few bob or two.
Also, the fake laughing pissed me off.
I really liked him. He was entertaining. That’s a very British thing to say, you can’t be glad for him because he must have a bob or two. He is a doctors receptionist, he won’t earn much. He might save up every penny he gets paid and prioritise that travel. He does charity work. He was a good guy.

Reactions: 3
I really liked him. He was entertaining. That’s a very British thing to say, you can’t be glad for him because he must have a bob or two. He is a doctors receptionist, he won’t earn much. He might save up every penny he gets paid and prioritise that travel. He does charity work. He was a good guy.
I Iiked him too. He was funny and seemed a nice person. He really reminded of John Hannah facially.
And btw Stephen Mangan 🥵 When did he turn into such a hottie?

• Haha
He was funny but if you can afford to go to Australia seven times then you must be okay?! I know receptionists don't earn a great deal. Neither do I, I'm a nurse and the furthest I will be going this year is Butlins with my toddler.

Reactions: 1
Watched a MM standup on Netflix the other night and it was really funny. I love the wheel, it’s my favourite show on terrestrial.