Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it was the ex-bf it would explain why Michael Barrymore was so cagey and weird about it...

Reactions: 8
Let's hope he names them all!
I'd also be interested in who made the 999 call they seem heartless-having just read the transcript in that article.

Reactions: 11
I doubt one person managed to hold down and brutally rape a fit and healthy Stuart Lubbock all on their own....

And the fact that all of the party goers have stayed silent and that wanker Barrymore did a runner speaks volumes. I hope they all get what’s coming to them.

Reactions: 28
I think every single person at that party knows what happened and I hope they all face charges of some sort.

Reactions: 25
Michael Barrymore has had his name tarnished for years, his career ruined and his bank balance affected. All because of a party that took place at his home. Heck nobody who has an house party knows everything that goes on there because you're enjoying yourself and not policing your guests. If the arrest leads somewhere he will have a great case to go after lost earnings.
He also left the scene of the crime and asked someone to remove evidence.

Surely that in itself is a crime regardless

So if someone died through no fault of your own at your home it would be fair if you didn't get work because of it and when it came out in years to come who was to blame you wouldn't feel bad about how you had been treated for all those years? Of course he's got a case to get compensation if this person turns out to be the one.
Yes. But you wouldn’t leave the crime, and do your best to help the investigation and find out WHO did do it. If it was me I’d be very keen to get the actual person convicted if I knew it wasn’t me.

There were 8 people at the party, Barrymore and the victim. So 6 others. Hardly a massive party. If it wasn’t Barrymore then there are only 6 others. One was a women, was she raping him? Doubtful...

Reactions: 11
For what it's worth, a mate who used to work for BBC News told me that Barrymore wasn't involved - but some of the people at the party were very shady indeed...

Reactions: 3
For what it's worth, a mate who used to work for BBC News told me that Barrymore wasn't involved - but some of the people at the party were very shady indeed...
Let’s hope whoever has been hiding their guilt all these years gets their comeuppance

Michael Barrymore has had his name tarnished for years, his career ruined and his bank balance affected. All because of a party that took place at his home. Heck nobody who has an house party knows everything that goes on there because you're enjoying yourself and not policing your guests. If the arrest leads somewhere he will have a great case to go after lost earnings.
Even if the murder hadn't happened, there's no way Michael Barrymore would have a career nowadays. His sort of mean spirited comedy rightly belongs in the past. If you watch old clips on Youtube, he was such a nasty creep.

Years ago, I felt sorry for him because I assumed it had been some huge party, so it would have been easy for things to slip under MB's radar. But then I found out it was only 8 people, so a small gathering really, so there's no way he wouldn't know what was going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
TV has moved on so rapidly in the two decades since he was last a TV regular

I doubt any broadcaster would ever think Barrymore would be right to host ANY show now

they wouldn't be THAT stupid to rehire him

Bruce Forsyth had timeless appeal

other entertainers of the old school had only a limited amount of time on TV before viewers saw them as outdated

Barrymore included

You say that but it looks like someone at ITV was really trying to bring him back recently, -until that documentary dropped on C4. He has a sympathetic ear in Piers bleeping Morgan on Life Stories, then got the dancing on ice gig.
That documentary came along in the nick of time for all of us.

Reactions: 19
It's almost exactly twenty years since Lubbock's death. The anniversary's in two week's time.

Weren't a couple of the guests female?
Two of the guests were female, both randoms that one of the men had met on the night out before the party & invited back I understood.

I'm glad an arrest has finally been made. What an awful nightmare for Stuart Lubbock's father and family to have lived through for all these years. :(

Jonathan Kenney? I reckon it is, he sounds like a scummy piece of absolute tit.
What a scumbag. How can anyone say they had a good time at a party where a man was raped and murdered?

One of the females was the sister of male guests, Justin Merritt. Her name is Kylie Merritt. I am not sure who the other one is.

Last edited:
Just seen that the suspect has been released on bail - surely they mustn't have much if they can't even hold him for questioning?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4