Mia Jeal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shows that she’s probably still reading this then!
She prob is but I hope she doesn’t think all of this is bullying and hate like she keeps saying and if anything she brought way more attention to it by linking it and constantly talking about it

Reactions: 4
She prob is but I hope she doesn’t think all of this is bullying and hate like she keeps saying and if anything she brought way more attention to it by linking it and constantly talking about it
As most people have pointed out all she did was get more people to give their opinions on her than toning it down

Reactions: 3
I used to absolutely love Mia! And I still watch her videos but the more I watch, the more I question the things she does! I’ve been desperate for a baby since I was 16, all I’ve ever wanted was to be a mum! But I’m 20 now, about to move out with my boyfriend and am still not planning a baby for at LEAST another 2 years, purely because I want to have a stable life before I bring a baby into the world. Some of the best mums I know were/are teen mums but my god Mia is so naive! I work full time and struggle to save money for a house, yes Mia hun I’m not surprised you have “nearly 10 grand in the bank” because you don’t pay for anything except makeup, clothes and shoes! Please stop pretending you’re “on the grind” and making my full time work as a care assistant for minimum wage feel so inferior.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I used to absolutely love Mia! And I still watch her videos but the more I watch, the more I question the things she does! I’ve been desperate for a baby since I was 16, all I’ve ever wanted was to be a mum! But I’m 20 now, about to move out with my boyfriend and am still not planning a baby for at LEAST another 2 years, purely because I want to have a stable life before I bring a baby into the world. Some of the best mums I know were/are teen mums but my god Mia is so naive! I work full time and struggle to save money for a house, yes Mia hun I’m not surprised you have “nearly 10 grand in the bank” because you don’t pay for anything except makeup, clothes and shoes! Please stop pretending you’re “on the grind” and making my full time work as a care assistant for minimum wage feel so inferior.
You are in no way inferior! You do so much work for the people of this country and if you are a front line worker I thank you for continuing to care for everyone through this time she puts out a few videos a week from her house and probably doesn’t understand how hard it is to do what you do

• Heart
Reactions: 6
hi im new here! I just found out about this forum from her video about it... im so glad lol. I noticed over the past month or so she's been calling her child Mabel-ocean like non stop but she never said that was part of her name... ive been watching mias videos since she was 12 weeks pregnant and I swear she named her Mabel Mae/mai/may whatever its spelt lol but now she added the ocean part??? she made a video on tiktok trying to be a quirky teen loving all these 'unique' names and giving examples what she wants to name her future kids and at the end saying 'if my bf don't like these names we won't be having kids' SO I commented under her video on the update on Mabel thinking she will 'announce' her new name but didn't so I commented saying like where did this ocean name come from??? like super random bc her child is 6 months and now she has a new name??? and SHE DELETED the comment lol maybe its still there but I can't find it

Reactions: 7
hi im new here! I just found out about this forum from her video about it... im so glad lol. I noticed over the past month or so she's been calling her child Mabel-ocean like non stop but she never said that was part of her name... ive been watching mias videos since she was 12 weeks pregnant and I swear she named her Mabel Mae/mai/may whatever its spelt lol but now she added the ocean part??? she made a video on tiktok trying to be a quirky teen loving all these 'unique' names and giving examples what she wants to name her future kids and at the end saying 'if my bf don't like these names we won't be having kids' SO I commented under her video on the update on Mabel thinking she will 'announce' her new name but didn't so I commented saying like where did this ocean name come from??? like super random bc her child is 6 months and now she has a new name??? and SHE DELETED the comment lol maybe its still there but I can't find it
Yeah I’ve been watching her just as long and it was mabel Mai but now she’s saying it’s mabel ocean mai. It not her legal name tho cos it hasn’t been changed and I heard she copy the ocean part of someone

Reactions: 2
hello everyone! I’ve been keeping up with this thread ever since it was on page 4 but I never posted anything because I felt like everyone else had already summed up how I felt about Mia. Although I haven’t been a fan of Mia since Mabel was a few months old I still looked at her social media’s because I want teen parents to make the most of their situations and do well.

Lately though Mia has been showing a new (maybe it was always there and I didn’t notice it) very manipulative side to her. I understand that criticism can hurt to read but the comments on here have been pretty tame and respectful for the most part.

I watched only the beginning of her video about this forum and it has made my opinion of her do a complete 180. Right off the bat she tells people to report the forum. Just like she has been able to give her opinions on YouTube, we have the right to share ours. Freedom of speech is a two way street. If what is said on this forum is grounds to remove those comments, then Mia wouldn’t be able to have Tik Tok or Youtube because her comments are far more offensive and directed at larger groups of people.

I hope she’s reading this: Mia, you’re 17 years old, you grew up in the age of social media. You should know that when you publicly put yourself out there people are going to share their opinions. If you can’t handle criticism get off the internet. Stop trying to police what people can say, because honestly it’s only going to backfire. No one likes an entitled, spoilt brat. This thread has gained traction because you keep bringing peoples attention to it. Now all your fans have access to unfiltered opinions on your actions, and the stuff brought up is pretty hard to argue against when it’s true.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Her video just really got under my skin so I felt like now was as good a time as any to post haha.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Stopp I’m dead that was me who said that 😂😂 she was really rude about it to and was going to kick me of but I don’t think she could find who it was
No don’t worry it was me because she blocked me afterwards 😂

I was letting things slide with Mia for a long time, her videos made me cringe because you could tell the whole "my life is together and im doing well" was a massive act that she was doing to justify having a kid. I was on tik tok one day and a cute video of a girl came up saying that her baby is what helped her come clean of meth (not sure the exact drug) and i went to the comments and the first one was a comment from mia saying that she relates to this but she wasnt addicted to meth she was addicted to cocaine. I was like what the duck?? What do other people think about that because I dont believe for a second shes even doing anything harder than weed she got pregnant at 16 when did she have time to be a coke addict?
Facts. I don’t think she understands what “addicted” actually means 🙄

Omg I thought I was the only person that notices she does this! She does it in all her videos and it drives me crazy 😂
yes it does annoy me a lot, was gonna comment it in a nice way as constructive criticism a while back but didn’t see the point as it would be deleted anyway 🥴😂

Reactions: 4
Have you all seen her new Snapchat, she shays she’s been doing what everyone on TikTok is doing with the depression tests. oh shut up Mia. If you’re depressed get some bleeping help instead of putting a Snapchat up on a website that says you did a quiz a showed signs of depression.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Have you all seen her new Snapchat, she shays she’s been doing what everyone on TikTok is doing with the depression tests. oh shut up Mia. If you’re depressed get some bleeping help instead of putting a Snapchat up on a website that says you did a quiz a showed signs of depression.
i think this is genreally a bad idea anyway no one should be diagnosing themselves with a mental illness or treating it like a joke im actually digusted

Reactions: 3
That depression thing is absolutely disgusting, that's a reason why a lot of people don't like talking about it if they genuinely have mental health issues as people diagnose themselves making it seem like it's not a big deal.. I've seen a few YouTubers talking about how they have depression, bipolar, eating disorders and saying and I quote " it's not that bad"
Its clearly for attention

Reactions: 10
As someone who has studied psychology for many years and entering the field of clinical where I’ve seen a lot of young people coming in for inpatient and outpatient treatment I can say those online quizzes are dangerous when used in the wrong way and the young people in her audience will believe that they can use this quiz and say they’re depressed without a diagnosis. It can be an indicator as to whether there’s been depressive patterns and periods in your life but to claim that you are depressed purely off a quiz is not right. Those quizzes are based off the list of questions a doctor or psychologist will give but the only actual diagnosis can come from doctor after a full physical health check, sometimes even a blood test to check hormone levels and the questions. For those individuals who suffer from mental health issues and treat those individuals seeing people on a large platform who put out they have depression with no clinical backing is just it’s not right!

• Heart
if one of them is pregnant how have they managed to do it while in lockdown, unless they did it over 2 months ago. but wouldn’t they have a bump by now especially if they are so young. idk how pregnancy works i’m a clueless 18 year old 😂

I used to really enjoy watching Mia’s videos but now the more I watch them the more I find wrong. Now don’t get me wrong I’m only 18 years old myself so I don’t have much (or any) experience with children and much like a lot of parents say - it’s their child, their choices. I just think that Mia is very blind to the fact she is in the public eye and everybody is watching her. One thing that absolutely rattles me is the language she uses in-front of Mabel. Both Mia and Beth swear and curse in-front of Mabel-Ocean and laugh about it too. Mabel is obviously young and impressionable and will pick up this kind of language and behaviour when she starts to talk.

I also feel as though Mia acts very high and mighty as a parent and puts out an attitude of ‘I’m better than you’ when discussing a lot of thing including something so silly such as baby names and her own daughters father. It is totally understandable that you would be angry if he isn’t around that’s fine but there is no need for it to be all over the internet because Mabel-Ocean will grow up and possibly find that one day and it could be damaging. The Information that Mia has said about Mabel-Ocean’s father now as a 17 year old might be completely different from what she would say if Mabel-Ocean asks in 5-10 years time. I think it’s time that Mia had a serious think about how all of this is going to effect Mabel-Ocean because at the end of the day she is what is most important.

The hypocrisy is another thing! Mia has cried over comments regarding Mabel-Ocean Mai’s name how people don’t like it and so on but then made a video slandering other people’s baby names?! If you don’t like the feeling don’t relay it onto other people it’s rude and insensitive. I’m sure that Mia wouldn’t appreciate if someone made a YouTube video discussing how they don’t like Mabel’s name so why would you do it to other people.

Mia also needs to calm down on flashing all of her possessions “i’m buying a house and I’ve bought my own car”etc. Truth be told Mia won’t buy a house next year because she will have no credit score to buy one. If her car is out on finance it will be in probably her mum’s name or something because you can’t take finance out with a good credit score either. Mia is very lucky she is in the position to be able to save money and buy a car etc. But I think that aiming to an audience of other teen mums or teenagers and then proceeding to say I have this and I can do this blah blah is very toxic and damaging because your target audience is people who are in the same position as you but are looking for help and guidance not cruel taunting and unrealistic expectations.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
if one of them is pregnant how have they managed to do it while in lockdown, unless they did it over 2 months ago. but wouldn’t they have a bump by now especially if they are so young. idk how pregnancy works i’m a clueless 18 year old 😂
You only get a bump at 4+ months

Hi guys, I'm new here but I've been following along for a while.

I honestly never thought I'd make an account to post something here but that depression test was the final straw.

I was diagnosed with depressed and anxiety by a doctor just over 4 years ago after being sexually assaulted 6 moths before. I was put on antidepressants and given therapy and since then I have struggled with eating disorders too.
I absolutely hate people doing those tests online but I don't understand why you would post it online, it's not the sort of thing you want to shout about. When I was sick and with the state I was in I had no idea I was depressed and didn't believe it when the doctor told me.

For all we know Mia could be depressed, but she's not going to find that out online so I truly hope she can go and see a trained professional. And I really hope her mum sees the things shes putting online.

I also think there's a lot to be said about her 'why I don't trust men video' - I decided it's best for me to not watch all the way through but where's the trigger warning? I thought she was about to say it at the start when she says 'please do not watch this video..' but then says if your not going to watch the video to the end. Luckily the thumbnail says it's her abuse story.

She really doesn't seem to realise that as a content creator she has a responsibility to her audience and followers e.g making sure it's age appropriate, things like TWs are at the start of videos, taking responsibility for your own mental health.

Reactions: 8
I have been silently following this thread for a while now and wasn't even sure if I should post or not because I really don't enjoy the idea of upsetting a 17-year-old but here we are. Like many of you, I used to have a lot of respect for Mia. It can't be easy having a baby so young and I think she did very well during her pregnancy and handled her difficult birth in a really positive way - for many, having a traumatic birth would turn them off having more kids for life! That being said, she has shown a very nasty and naive side of herself that has turned me off watching her videos completely. I'll try and break this down so it doesn't take forever to read.

1) For me, the red flags started popping up when I went back and watched some of her older videos (pre-pregnancy) when she used to have a lot of fish and even an axolotl (who she named Kronos after another YouTuber's pet - showing that her lack of originality isn't a recent thing, or exclusive to baby name stealing). After getting pregnant, she gave up all the aquarium creatures. In a recent Instagram story, however, she posted about how much she ''couldn't wait to get her Doberman'' and posted a picture of (I assume?) another influencer walking her dog. I just have to question, how is she going to look after a Doberman (which is a very demanding breed) while looking after Mabel, posting videos, buying a house and having more babies?! She really needs a reality check.

2) Someone said that she removed the baby name video? Good. But I don't believe she took it down because she felt guilty. I think it was purely a case of getting rid of the evidence so that her fans would still dote on her and hang on her every word while seeing this thread as a gathering of bullies. If you're reading this Mia, no one wants to upset you, everyone wants you to take responsibility for the horrible things you have said and think before you speak in future.

3) As teenagers, we all said things we shouldn't have. But Mia takes no responsibility for anything that comes out of her mouth. This is pure speculation, but I think her views of people on benefits come from her mother. She mentioned before the election that her mum votes conservatives because ''they are what's right for the country'' or something along those lines (I don't want a political debate, everyone has their right to vote who they want) but given that Mia has lived a very comfortable life and is able to splash out on all sorts of designer gear despite being a teen mum shows how far from reality she actually is. She has no idea how hard it is for the majority of people - nor does she care apparently because she's the only one who seemingly ''works hard'' for what they have. *eye-roll*

4) The working hard thing really annoys me and is something that nearly all YouTubers and influencers say. I'm sorry, but as far as jobs go there's nothing demanding or challenging about being a YouTuber. They post whatever content they want/enjoy making. They work the hours they want to. If they want a day/week/month/year off? No one is there to tell them no. On top of that, they get given free products from companies, discounts and invited to events. Yes, editing takes a while, but the majority of Mia's videos are very samey. She repeats herself constantly - we all have our annoying habits - but the actual content is very similar or dull. Again it's another case of ''fame'' going to someone's head.

5) I'll round this off by saying that the constant talk of how much money she has in the bank is disgusting. There's just no need for it. Say you're financially comfortable and leave it at that, I don't even tell my family what's in my bank.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Not only is this settings a bad example for her young viewers but these quizzes that make depression “trendy” can really harm people who genuinely have depression. So many people seem to think that it’s just being sad, but it’s a dangerous condition. Although there are varying levels of severity, depression often leads to isolation, self harm, and even causes death. I don’t like to tell people what they are or aren’t feeling because I don’t know what’s going on with them internally, however I find it highly unlikely that these forum posts would give her depression. Either way, she should be contacting a mental health professional if it is a concern.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.