Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I feel your pain! I haven't tried HRT as yet but it seems to help a lot of ladies. Menopause Matters has a good forum with some good info.

Not sure how far you are into peri menopause (which can last 10 years)? I felt like you early on in peri and glad to say it has eased a bit but is then just replaced with other symptoms.

The weight gain has been a pain in the arse! Find it very slow going trying to lose weight.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
My mum was an average age, if there is one. I really wasnt expecting it at 39/40 as I didnt start my periods until I was 15 so assumed I'd be much later. I've had someone tell me it could have been triggered by having my only child at 38 - I had two first trimester miscarriages in the 18 months prior.
My paternal aunt however went through it in her 30s.
I dont think there is any rhyme or reason to any of it.
Thanks so much for your replies. And that gives me so much hope I may have more time and a good chance of conceiving xxx

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thank goodness for a menopause thread!
My situation is I am now fully menopausal - haven't had a period for about 18 months - and thought I was through the worst. But wtf hot flushes have come back after about a year. Plus the grumpiness and fatigue and sadness and intolerance and dwelling on mistakes I made decades ago.
And the weight gain. I was a skinny Minnie for years - even after children - but it just appeared on tummy and thighs and boobs though I don't think I was eating more. It is like puberty all over again.
I haven't taken medication and wouldn't - no judgement just a personal choice.
No periods is great though - I do appreciate that.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
It does seem to follow this pattern. I’m certainly following my mum’s pattern as are my sisters.

How old was your Mum? If she had an early menopause before 45 it can be down to other medical reasons.
She was 40, Im 36. Xxx

She was 40, Im 36. Xxx
I do know she had problems with my brother during her pregnancy, whether that had anything to do with it I’m not sure. But my nan never had early menopause. I’m just so worried because she only told me this year when I came off the depot injection. Luckily my periods have come straight back to Normal so IM extremely happy and lucky with that. Xx

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Did she have a hysterectomy and her ovaries removed as that is a surgical menopause?

Ask her if she went into a natural menopause? If she did then it may be worth speaking to your Dr about the chances of you following suit if you would like a baby in the next few years?
I don’t think so, we don’t really talk about things like that but I will ask her as it’s been really playing on my mind. I feel abit let Down that she never told me this before. X

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I don’t understand why mums do that! But it must be more common than I thought. Iv never been in the position to want or have a baby until now but if mum had told me earlier I may have planned abit more for it. It makes me sad but there is nothing I can do about it now. I just pray I can conceive in the short window I may have left xxx
I tell my daughter all about it!

Good luck, I had my last child age 39 and a lot of friends had them in their 40’s, so don’t lose hope x