Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Its_Me

VIP Member
Is it legal?

It does make me laugh that she has all this Hermes and everything else but she still lives with her mum. Their house looks nicely decorated but you can tell it’s a small house that looks like it’s maybe ex council (nothing wrong with that just in context)

Reactions: 2
I like Mel but omg who has she got writing copy for her site? Year 9 work experience? Really basic errors are giving reach media not Goop.

(Also v disappointed in the savings article - would love to know what she actually does/thinks about savings & investments even if it is flawed, what was shared was a loada filler content bollocks 😴)

Its_Me

VIP Member
I don’t always notice if people do the AD or gifted but I have to say I’ve noticed that she does put it on a lot of stuff so I’m surprised about these comments actually. Perhaps I’m just naive to what’s an ad and what’s not. I’ll pay more attention now.

Is she really getting 6 figures a post???
I could easily believe she’s getting paid that for this mid to long term partnership with Jo Malone but that’s a lot more than just one grid post. For a one-off Instagram post seems unlikely just from a CAC perspective if it’s luxury, if it’s a fast fash or fmcg where her posting could shift huge volume quite quickly then I don’t think it’s impossible, but would suspect they’d expect more than just the one grid post tbf or that it’d be paid out on conversions rather than an upfront payment and a prayer. But hopefully we have an actual influencer/partnerships manager who could say if this feels right for their work atm?🤞

Out of all the influencer huns Mel seems to be the most honest about money and most biz savvy - like years ago when she was saying she didn’t get out of bed for less than £500 a day her accounts actually reflected that, and her accounts now reflect a much better position than before so she’s not just hot air imo.

Its_Me

VIP Member
I've just come across this woman opening beauty advent calendars. She has 11 of them. I presume they are all gifted from the companys but none of the stories are marked as adverts.

I do understand people being honest about things but to me she comes across as ungrateful.
She’s done this last year as well it really grates on me the way she turns her nose up at some of the products. OK not everything is going to be something we really wanted but I’m sure someone else would be much more appreciative of it.

auberginestar

Melissa gives me major boujee vibes .

A month ago her car tyres got slashed by those extinction rebellion type groups.

Reactions: 1

Tbctbc

Same, and the way people go on about how she influences people to buy, but yeah they are cheap products, like people fighting for those stinking zara perfumes or Ren skincare. She isnt selling out Peada or Loewe

Her influence is not high end or luxury.

But I dont find her relatable and after her tweets surfaced cussing black girls then I dont care for her or her uncle looking husband who has a 22 yr old dsughter and ppl say sleeps around with other girls

She must have been out of her comforr zone surrounded by so many black people
Melissa a whole mother now haha

Can anyone find the tweets?

I don’t always notice if people do the AD or gifted but I have to say I’ve noticed that she does put it on a lot of stuff so I’m surprised about these comments actually. Perhaps I’m just naive to what’s an ad and what’s not. I’ll pay more attention now.
She makes a lot of genuine recommendations (well, at least I’d like to believe?) so it is harder as she’s not just flogging the shit she’s getting paid for which is clearly why she’s doing so well/is likeable. But she does produce more specific creative for paid ads so you can always sort of tell? She does sometimes declare it in the top right hand corner under the X sign, which is giving us bare minimum. Idk why influencers do it especially good ones like her, like she produces beautiful and luxe images then making it look like she’s an ex Geordie shore cast mate shilling CBD laxatives with the shit AD placement if at all.

nosey88

I like Mel but omg who has she got writing copy for her site? Year 9 work experience? Really basic errors are giving reach media not Goop.

(Also v disappointed in the savings article - would love to know what she actually does/thinks about savings & investments even if it is flawed, what was shared was a loada filler content bollocks 😴)
Her husband imports veg/food - he’s very successful so I imagine the lifestyle comes from him, and his money has given her the freedom to build her brand and career

Its_Me

VIP Member
Yes it’s very much legal!
And I know I don’t understand why she still lives with her mum I mean there’s nothing wrong with it but I just feel like for the person she’s trying to become she should have her own property by now.
I also really wanted hey boyf to propose to her on their trip to Zanzibar but he didn’t 😭 I feel like even if he did he wouldn’t put it on her insta anyway
Hopefully they are saving to buy a house together
I don’t feel she hides the fact she has a man though. She doesn’t talk about him or state that she’s with someone but I knew she was in a relationship without being told if that makes sense, she’s dropped hints here and there. And I’m sure the white birkin she indicated that he had bought her.

Chatty Member
Well the boyfriend is not what I was not expecting!
Does anyone know what her new business is all about? She had a big launch dinner but I couldn’t work out what the actual business was

Melissa gives me major boujee vibes .

A month ago her car tyres got slashed by those extinction rebellion type groups.
They weren’t slashed, they’re releasing the air from them. Which is appalling and should be classed as some sort of criminal damage or harm done but isn’t. Heaven forbid they do that to someone who has an emergency and needs their vehicle?!

• Haha