Mel @mjbyrnex

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she’s gleeful and giddy when she talks about her sex life makes me feel very uncomfortable. I genuinely had to turn that TikTok off after a few seconds. She’s too much, bleeping cabbage headed weirdo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Before I start work I need to show there is another side to what Mel has said in her latest performance re the CPS & Police. She absolutely boils my blood 🤬

As a SA survivor, I had zero actual physical evidence from my childhood decades before the CPS took my case to crown court, and they successfully prosecuted my abuser.

I gave a 3 hour video statement about the SA I endured. The police spoke to family, ex teachers, ex doctors, ex neighbours etc who all didn't know I'd been SA, but all gave statements to say in their opinion I was an honest person who didn't lie. In the trial, each person was asked if as a child I lied or fabricated stories, all witnesses said no I did not in their opinion lie. All said I was a v quiet, v sad, v withdrawn looking child etc.

My allegation video and several witness statements from ppl who briefly knew me as a child were all the evidence there was, nothing more. No physical evidence, just my allegations and defendant who pleaded not guilty.

If a SA survivor tells the police they have been abused, the police do indeed thoroughly investigate it in my experience. It took the police 2 years to investigate my case, ie to speak to the above people and put a case together, not weeks.

Each time she tells this story (and she keeps telling it, acting it, telling it again!) I don't know what she hopes to achieve? Will her latest story put ppl off reporting their SA allegations? In my opinion YES it will.

If she was all about SA survivors she would approach ALL SHE DOES VERY DIFFERENTLY, she would approach things with caution and with consideration for the effect her words will have on all the people she's allegedly doing this for, because I maintain she is only doing what she's doing for herself only!

Desoite Mels performance, If ANYONE is wondering if they can be believed and get a successful SA prosecution with no physical evidence, please know that you can.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Before I start work I need to show there is another side to what Mel has said in her latest performance re the CPS & Police. She absolutely boils my blood 🤬

As a SA survivor, I had zero actual physical evidence from my childhood decades before the CPS took my case to crown court, and they successfully prosecuted my abuser.

I gave a 3 hour video statement about the SA I endured. The police spoke to family, ex teachers, ex doctors, ex neighbours etc who all didn't know I'd been SA, but all gave statements to say in their opinion I was an honest person who didn't lie. In the trial, each person was asked if as a child I lied or fabricated stories, all witnesses said no I did not in their opinion lie. All said I was a v quiet, v sad, v withdrawn looking child etc.

My allegation video and several witness statements from ppl who briefly knew me as a child were all the evidence there was, nothing more. No physical evidence, just my allegations and defendant who pleaded not guilty.

If a SA survivor tells the police they have been abused, the police do indeed thoroughly investigate it in my experience. It took the police 2 years to investigate my case, ie to speak to the above people and put a case together, not weeks.

Each time she tells this story (and she keeps telling it, acting it, telling it again!) I don't know what she hopes to achieve? Will her latest story put ppl off reporting their SA allegations? In my opinion YES it will.

If she was all about SA survivors she would approach ALL SHE DOES VERY DIFFERENTLY, she would approach things with caution and with consideration for the effect her words will have on all the people she's allegedly doing this for, because I maintain she is only doing what she's doing for herself only!

Desoite Mels performance, If ANYONE is wondering if they can be believed and get a successful SA prosecution with no physical evidence, please know that you can.
I am genuinely really sorry you went through that. No child should have to experience one iota of this and i am glad that the police took you seriously and dealt with this properly.

I do think you may be letting your hatred of Mel cloud your judgement. Just because your case was taken seriously doesn’t mean others are, it’s not one size fits all. I think it’s pretty common knowledge that SA reports and the success of them going further are pretty hopeless in the UK.

I’ve noticed you bring up her SA quite graphically a couple of times now, I don’t think it’s necessary to recount others experiences in such a way and it didn’t bare any relevance to what you were saying. Mel is many things but there is no correct way to act following an SA and I think it can be quite triggering to others who have been through a similar thing when you start berating her experience and how she’s handled it. There’s plenty of other crappy things she’s done without being so vocal on such a controversial and sensitive topic

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I am genuinely really sorry you went through that. No child should have to experience one iota of this and i am glad that the police took you seriously and dealt with this properly.

I do think you may be letting your hatred of Mel cloud your judgement. Just because your case was taken seriously doesn’t mean others are, it’s not one size fits all. I think it’s pretty common knowledge that SA reports and the success of them going further are pretty hopeless in the UK.

I’ve noticed you bring up her SA quite graphically a couple of times now, I don’t think it’s necessary to recount others experiences in such a way and it didn’t bare any relevance to what you were saying. Mel is many things but there is no correct way to act following an SA and I think it can be quite triggering to others who have been through a similar thing when you start berating her experience and how she’s handled it. There’s plenty of other crappy things she’s done without being so vocal on such a controversial and sensitive topic
Shes brought the issie up herself again today, I haven't said anything she hasn't said herself, I'm very aware the law and sex crimes is complex but I only shared my story today in the hope anyone reading seeing her story can see that there are two sides. Because anyone seeing Mels story today wouldn't dare report their SA.

It's a horrendous topic to talk about but I will, not let an attention seeker like Mel do her attention seeking without at least showing there are two sides.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I think

I think the insight from @notSUBmissive is really useful; she's had this (horrendous) experience and has knowledge and insight into how police act, who they contact and their protocols. It won't be the same across the board. Same as Mel's experience won't be the same across the board. Mel has a very negative view on police, mental health services and crisis services, rightly or wrongly. Her negative view WILL impact on what people do with their own trauma. It may stop people reporting abuse. It may stop people reaching out to crisis services. She's taken it upon herself to be spokesperson for this and that's a very dangerous position to take.

I can also understand why @notSUBmissive is fired up about this topic, given her experiences and history. It's reasonable to question Mel's authenticity, given we only have her side, she claims to be a safe space AND she talks endlessly and graphically about all the shagging she does. No one is above accountability.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

I don’t see any clouded judgement just someone trying to give an alternative perspective from the self appointed trauma expert Mel. Mel is triggering her followers daily and not suggesting avenues of support for these people.
It sounds more like you are the triggered one which is fine, but it’s not controversial to not deter people from reporting historical SA as Mel is doing. The majority of the people posting in this thread seem to have some experience of trauma and I don’t think what has been shared so far is an issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
THANKYOU for the support everyone 👍❤

As an advanced nurse & SA survivor I have seen way too much abuse and too many abused childrens broken bones. Mel has the luxury of not seeing such cruelty and physical abuse up close & personal. She is too blinkered and busy trying to profiteer from her "trauma" and she is too busy living in her attention seeking cycle of woe is Mel ness. If we all reacted to trauma like Mel does the world would come to a halt!

She shows absolutely zero consideration for the majority of trauma victims who choose to live their lives without attention seeking and who save their healing for therapy sessions where trained professionals can help them heal & risk assess them.
Mel is desperately trying to normalise tiktoking a childhood she hazily remembers & tiktoking a public critique of services who tried to help the "old Mel"
She is desperate to build a community of sycophants who revel in her attention seeking woe is Mel behaviour.
She's tried grifting with step family posts, she's tried grifting birth control posts and BINGO for Mel, she's hit the follower jackpot with slagging off her family & trying to dress it up under "abuse posts" for likes, gifts & £££

What she does is selfish and dangerous
and if she cared one jot about real trauma victims she would create her channel very very differently, and she definitely would not rub her marital "intimacy" in vulnerable peoples faces so gleefully!

Isn't it interesting how EVERY close family member & 99% of external agencies involved in Mels life have ALL wronged her?!
The Samaritans
Crisis Teams
Doctors
Police
People who all trained for years, volunteered for years, so that Woe Is Mel could blame them for her issues!

Having admitted online MANY TIMES how she is now a completely different person to who she was a few years ago, she still HEAVILY CRITICISES all the above agencies without reflecting on who Mel was when they were in her life, & perhaps how challenging she was to try & help when she was a different Mel to the one she says she is today.
Because if what we now see is the "good" side of Mel, I'd hate to see the "bad" Mel all those agencies had to deal with!

This isn't "victim blaming" this is applying common sense to a woman who, by her own very public behaviour, is very clearly out for attention at the expense of anyone and everyone in her life. A woman who has no compulsion in blaming her 30 years on earth on everyone else because she's a "victim"

I take accountability for my actions in life, being a SA survivor does not give me free reign to blame everyone around me!

It appears that after years of trying to find a platform of sycophants to listen to her on a revolving loop of attention seeking posts, she has found tiktok. Her sycophants forget they're only hearing one side of "the story" they are not seeing this woman has a clear agenda and they are not seeing how much damage she is causing to SA survivors who have yet to find their voice. If this tiktoker has anything to do with it they never will dare speak to any of the above agencies, who for all their successes & failings (yes they are human) they have survivors interests at the heart of what they do, far far more than an attention seeking drama queen with a selfish agenda on tiktok does.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Is this not what Mel is doing though? Clouding judgement on the success stories of historical SA experiences?

I will never not understand a perpetrator admitting to SA’ing someone (the victim reporting it too) and the police not doing anything? Maybe she needs to speak more on it.

Mel really needs to stop blaming everyone for everything and take some accountability, particularly her work situation. Everything is “toxic”, I feel like she goes out of her way to find it and twist it. I’d be scared being her friend.

I do think she’s moved on a bit and now focuses on her mother being a total narcissist because I think the footfall is dropping on the SA stuff

• Heart
Nothing is sacred with her. She constantly needs validation to function! She has shared, for the whole world to see, a private message her step daughter sent to her at some point during the years she's been her step parent. Is she trying to make the child's mother jealous also? Why the need to share something so intimate online? Zero emotional intelligence shown once again and no consideration for how awkward it might make the step child feel, I'm sure she didn't write the message expecting it to be published on tik tok on her 17th birthday! Mel is the absolute definition of desperate attention-seeking!

Reactions: 1
She’s so odd with the whole stepmum thing, she says the opinions of others don’t matter. Yet she shares very personal cards written by a child for 30k people to see 🤦🏼‍♀️ can’t help but wonder if it’s to irk the mum. I have two step parents and this is exactly something one of them would do to piss off one of my parents . .

She’s so odd with the whole stepmum thing, she says the opinions of others don’t matter. Yet she shares very personal cards written by a child for 30k people to see 🤦🏼‍♀️ can’t help but wonder if it’s to irk the mum. I have two step parents and this is exactly something one of them would do to piss off one of my parents . .
All of her behaviour signals emotional neediness an a complete lack of boundaries to me. Absolutely nothing she shares is appropriate.

The relationship with her teenage step daughter won't remain so perfect if she carries on oversharing her private messages & trying to play one upmanship with her mother that's for sure.

It’s her stepdaughter’s birthday but she makes everything about herself, how she feels, how she is perceived, the card she received etc etc. The mention of her stepdaughter’s birthday is a passing comment at the start of the video. Definition of a narcissist. She’s bleeping dull as ditchwater isn’t she.

Reactions: 5
She is far too reliant on external validation and this narrative that she is really important to her stepchildren. It’s great that they have a good relationship, but I know that in her head she sees herself as their mother - and the better mother. It’s like a Channel 5 lunchtime movie!
This will all come crashing down in some way. Pain demands to be felt, as they say. Trauma can only be buried or glossed over for so long.

She's the type of person who'd turn up at the step child's wedding in a white dress for attention!

The card she's overshared today is the 1st post pinned to her grid, so post 1 & 3 on her grid are both desperately seeking validation by oversharing her stepdaughter’s card to her 🙄
What a freak posting that for people to see on TikTok honestly, no need whatsoever

Christ, nothing is sacred for this woman. She's a step mum, 2 days a week at most. For 8 years. RELAX NANNY MCPHEE, YOU'RE THE STEP MUM.
I would be apoplectic if the step mum of my kids shared a PRIVATE card written by A CHILD to my tiktok ego wankfest.

Wow, what a banana. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
She is far too reliant on external validation and this narrative that she is really important to her stepchildren. It’s great that they have a good relationship, but I know that in her head she sees herself as their mother - and the better mother. It’s like a Channel 5 lunchtime movie!
This will all come crashing down in some way. Pain demands to be felt, as they say. Trauma can only be buried or glossed over for so long.
This!! She sees herself as their better mother, it’s quite awful to watch. And actually something I can relate to! My dad’s wife did stuff like this, she’s nice and all but she’s not my mum. And I’ll never forget the ways she tried to piss on my mums chips all the time, the subtle undermining, the backhanded comments and the put downs etc etc. My lovely mum never retaliated but I always knew it bothered her greatly.

At the end of the day, I was never going to pick some random my dad found online over my mum 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
This!! She sees herself as their better mother, it’s quite awful to watch. And actually something I can relate to! My dad’s wife did stuff like this, she’s nice and all but she’s not my mum. And I’ll never forget the ways she tried to piss on my mums chips all the time, the subtle undermining, the backhanded comments and the put downs etc etc. My lovely mum never retaliated but I always knew it bothered her greatly.

At the end of the day, I was never going to pick some random my dad found online over my mum 😂
Couldn’t have phrased this better myself if I’d tried. Summed up everything I felt as a step child!

I completely agree. Notsubmissive has taken over this thread with their essays and if you don’t agree with what they say they’ll write an essay about you 😂 Only those who are agreeing with their comments can post on the thread it seems. If they are an advanced nurse and a complete stranger to Mel I think they need to book in some therapy themselves because to pick holes in another’s story and compare it to your own is dangerous and wrong. Fair enough offer a different perspective but you have went too far on a lot of your posts and you come across as a strange and nasty person. I enjoyed this thread til you took it over now it’s become something awful.
---
Changed tense half way through lol don’t mind me

• Heart