Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maiwether

Member
I agree that manic is the word I would also use to describe the stories she posted this afternoon. I think it’s lovely to see how pleasantly surprised she is by how much she’s enjoying the baby so far. But, 7 days in you’re still running on pure adrenaline and the excitement of the new baby is clouding everything. I was the same a week in, I thought I had an angel baby who slept amazingly and breastfed wonderfully and I kept thinking “wow this is so easy and I feel incredible!”. The fourth week hit me like a tonne of bricks when my husband was back at work and I was alone all day with a screaming baby who could not be settled no matter what I did, and who also wouldn’t sleep more than a few hours each night thanks to colic and general fussiness.

If this continues for her then she’s blessed, but I think it’s premature for her to be posting so frequently on social media almost trying to prove to her followers, and probably herself, that everything is great. She’s also acknowledged herself that she needs to take recovery seriously, she literally wet herself in a shop before giving birth and will still be bleeding now. It’s all so rushed for her social media appearance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7

pommobear

VIP Member
To be fair, my baby was exactly the same, had one nightly feed and he was never a bad sleeper even when he got older , he loved his lie ins! I know not everyone’s baby is the same, but a lot are good sleepers!
This is fine but it's the rhetoric of "7am is early" that I can't stand. Even if mine slept late I'd know than 7am was a totally normal, realistic and yes, decent, time for a young baby or toddler to be awake for the day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7
As someone who has gone through 4 miscarriages and loss in 2nd trimester, IVF and 6 years of fertility I have found her unbearable since her pregnancy announcement. And now the smug smug posts about everything being perfect. I just cannot with this woman. She's banging on like she's the only person in the world to have ever had a baby. Insufferable attitude and have unfollowed her. This isn't real life folks! She is utterly cringe.
5 miscarriages here before I had my children. This sort of content would have broken me. Thankfully I didn’t look at social media at that time in my life. Thinking of you and how hard this must be. To everyone on this thread dealing with this all I can say is never lose hope 🌈
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

Maiwether

Member
She kept tagging Ikos in her stories whilst there but there was no ad/gift declaration, which is strange. If they’ve paid for their own holiday in its entirety why would you feel the need to tag the resort in everything you post.

Also, Meg, if you’re not fishing for comments about how you’ve ’snapped back’ after having a baby 7 weeks before then post unedited and unposed bikini photos in natural sunlight. There’s no denying she looks great, but her posts have been deliberately set up to invite the comments of how amazing she looks in such a short amount of time. We all know social media is fake and people post the best photos of themselves, and I don’t blame her for doing that, we all like to feel good about ourselves, but then don’t act like you haven’t posted certain photos on purpose to elicit the compliments that you’re now posting faux outrage about receiving.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7

HM93

New member
She’s become insufferable so I have unfollowed. She’s a far cry from her early days of influencing. The irony of posting constantly about her bump daily and now getting annoyed at the very people that pay for her lifestyle - what does she expect? If nobody asked her she’d probably make a post about that too. She needs a reality check. It’s a shame as she used to be far more relatable.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7

Marza

VIP Member
The first few weeks are kinda easy if baby is good. The sleep deprivation hasnt set in and Sam seems to be on leave. Shes insufferably smug and any chance she gets shes posting herself in colourful outfits. Shut off the phone and enjoy your wonderful life with your newborn.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

blueberrypie

Well-known member
The smug birth posts are pissing me off so I’ve unfollowed. I always planned to unfollow after the baby name reveal but now I’ve definitely had enough
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

AnvilGone

New member
I had a wonderful pregnancy and birth and acknowledge that I was very lucky. I specifically remember sitting in a pub garden with my husband when baby was 1 week old and saying to each other that we've got really lucky and we're bossing this. Then a few days later the low hit, baby stopped sleeping, developed colic, and it took me a good 9 months to feel like I wasn't depressed. And yes Meg, I had intrusive thoughts of throwing my baby down the stairs!

Hopefully this doesn't happen to Meg, but I do thing you need to be cognisant that this is very early days and you're still riding high on the birth hormones. I also think it's only fair to acknowledge what an element of luck plays into your birth experience. You can do everything Meg did, and end up with an emergency c section. Birth is not a competition and trying hard does not always lead to the best outcome.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

Jehm20

New member
The smugness is unbearable. I get that pregnancy advice can be very annoying and unsolicited too but imagine you’re the person who has given some well meaning advice on her post a few days ago, only trying to be helpful, and she’s stuck it on her top to take the p*ss out of you today. She was moaning so much last week which is why everyone was commenting advice. It feels like she’s trying to so hard to be pregnant differently to everyone else, obviously in a better way than every other woman who has done it before 🤷🏻‍♀️
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

hannah1799

Active member
The smug birth posts are pissing me off so I’ve unfollowed. I always planned to unfollow after the baby name reveal but now I’ve definitely had enough
Honestly same. Talking about her first week with a newborn as ‘magical’ yes there are magical moments but it’s so unrealistic and not good for other new mothers to see. Face full of makeup, hair done etc going on a solo trip out 1 week postpartum gloating about it on social media im so disappointed
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

rupertbear1

Well-known member
Newborns lead you to a false sense of security, then the fussy phase hits.. I mean fairplay if she genuinely is finding it easy and amazing, but I remember week 6-8 humbled me
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Bora Bora Local

Chatty Member
She’s become insufferable so I have unfollowed. She’s a far cry from her early days of influencing. The irony of posting constantly about her bump daily and now getting annoyed at the very people that pay for her lifestyle - what does she expect? If nobody asked her she’d probably make a post about that too. She needs a reality check. It’s a shame as she used to be far more relatable.
I agree with this. Everything she posts is just entirely insufferable. I’m planning to unfollow but I’m hanging in there because I wanted to see what ridiculous name she chooses for her baby 😂😂
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Hypnotizedchicken

Well-known member
I feel for anyone struggling with fertility that follows meg, she wasnt even sure she wanted kids and now she's popped one out and everything is perfect
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

popcorntime

New member
Smuggy Meg aka SMEG. Perfect baby, perfect life, perfect holiday, perfect everything.
Good god it's so fake on so many levels.
If it's all so perfect, get off your bloody phone and enjoy it!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Anotherct

VIP Member
She’s pissing me off now. This is not reality for most mums. Especially the spending! The majority are struggling to pay their mortgage on maternity pay. Granted this again is not her problem but she’s doing my head in 🤣
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Loplik44

Member
I know everyone is different (and I’m not aiming this at anyone if they have done the same) but even if you felt amazing during that first week I can’t understand the rush to go out and about every single day for coffee and cake dates.. everything she done in the last few weeks waiting for baby. Why not just switch off and enjoy that first magical week as a family of three getting to grips with baby and just savouring the moment!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
Her latest “unhinged baby purchase” has sent me over the edge. She’s embarrassing. First says she was on Vinted looking for a baby bag but then clarifies this to “looking for a bag big enough for the baby stuff” - because you know she’s not really into this pregnancy and wants to continue to spend stuff on herself rather than admit to buying anything for the baby -

Then pulls out a tiny (so not big at all) Miu Miu bag 😂 and puts 1 nappy, 1 pack of wipes and 1 baby grow in it.

“Miu Miu for the baby”

Honestly I’m cringing so hard. She is totally delusional about babies and how much stuff they need every time you even leave the house for 5 minutes.

And this might be her most unrelateable content ever. New mum’s aren’t buying Miu Miu for their nappies and wipes and the child free / designer bag type followers will be thinking “wait what?”

I’m hanging around for the baby name and then I’m out. She is insufferable now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6