Are you watching Maxine?

• yes

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • no

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • it's on my watch list

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anybody started this 3 part drama following Maxine Carr's story in the Holly & Jessica Murders?

It first aired on Monday and finishes today.

Wondering what everybody's thoughts are?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just put on the first episode and came straight here to see if there was a post on it!

Reactions: 6
I’m watching it, and of course, it’s hard to know how accurate it is. Ian and Maxine certainly are unlikeable. For the amount of upset it will be causing the family, I feel it is not a story that needed to be told, there is no insight so far , nor do we learn anything new. Two poor wee lassies were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The school did not make sufficient enquiries, and the police didn’t do a thorough search.

Reactions: 14
Watched the first 2 on catch up , disappointed 3 isn't on there yet

It's a good enough watch and interesting to see the part press played with the pair tripping themselves up when interviewed.
Hes one vile individual and now he wants to be a woman inevitably to get into a female prison. Should absolutely not be allowed.
She was always portrayed in media as a bit thick and naive but in this its seems she was well aware

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I'm going to watch the final episode tonight but in a way I don't like the way that they're almost making Maxine likeable and for people to feel sorry for her?

It's a good enough watch and interesting to see the part press played with the pair tripping themselves up when interviewed.
Hes one vile individual and now he wants to be a woman inevitably to get into a female prison. Should absolutely not be allowed.
She was always portrayed in media as a bit thick and naive but in this its seems she was well aware
What?! Does he really want to be a woman?

What the actual hell??

Just finished it.... there's no doubt about it they were a toxic pair.... I really don't know whether I think she knew or not, she was certainly naive and not completely innocent.... it disturbs me that there is a chance she did know and protect him and now has a child... also, who marries someone with that past? Do you think her new husband knows? I have so many unanswered questions.

Reactions: 7
She covered up for him in previous rape allegations. She knew exactly what she was doing. I feel so sorry for Hollie & Jessica’s parents knowing we’re all watching this. I’m gripped by it & don’t like that I am.
Apparently Maxine’s husband knows all about her past & they have a daughter. How can he reproduce with her? Imo she was as much to blame because if she hadn’t covered for him in the previous allegations those little girls would still be alive. She’s a vile individual. And Huntley’s an animal.

Reactions: 9
I’ve finished them all now and felt very unsettled at the end at the thought she knew exactly what had happened when she lied for him.

I thought at the time she seemed to be the gullible one and possibly not very bright at the hands of a master manipulator but maybe I was just duped into thinking that like many many others?

It raises questions and I don’t think it’s a bad thing if it gets people thinking about what people are capable of and be on their guard 🤷🏻‍♀️.

This is no doubt what the bleep has in mind in changing gender.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
I finished it last night and really don’t know what to think. How much of it was just for the drama? Still not convinced that she didn’t know anything about what happened, the show tried to portray it that way that she was innocent but it also mentioned how good at lying she was and if she went to that extent of cleaning the whole house, she must’ve known surely?

I finished it last night and really don’t know what to think. How much of it was just for the drama? Still not convinced that she didn’t know anything about what happened, the show tried to portray it that way that she was innocent but it also mentioned how good at lying she was and if she went to that extent of cleaning the whole house, she must’ve known surely?
I'm exactly the same as you - really don't know what to make of it. The series portrayed that she was innocent and almost tried to make the viewer feel sorry for her as a bit of a victim of his. But I think she knew more than she let on, and then what the programme made out. As you say, why did she go to the extent of cleaning from top to bottom?

She definitely knew more I think.

It gave me a bit of an uneasy feeling though to know people like that can be living amongst us but we'd never know with their new identities.

She covered up for him in previous rape allegations. She knew exactly what she was doing. I feel so sorry for Hollie & Jessica’s parents knowing we’re all watching this. I’m gripped by it & don’t like that I am.
Apparently Maxine’s husband knows all about her past & they have a daughter. How can he reproduce with her? Imo she was as much to blame because if she hadn’t covered for him in the previous allegations those little girls would still be alive. She’s a vile individual. And Huntley’s an animal.
Agree with you on this!

Agree with you on this!

I'm going to watch the final episode tonight but in a way I don't like the way that they're almost making Maxine likeable and for people to feel sorry for her?

What?! Does he really want to be a woman?
I didn't find her likeable at all, what was all that cleaning about? She must have known deep down that he had something to do with the murders but she lied through her teeth. Also her dramatic "turning on him" in the courtroom was probably an act as well to try and get a shorter jail sentence nasty little witch!!

Reactions: 4
I didn't find her likeable at all, what was all that cleaning about? She must have known deep down that he had something to do with the murders but she lied through her teeth. Also her dramatic "turning on him" in the courtroom was probably an act as well to try and get a shorter jail sentence nasty little witch!!
Apparently she had/has? OCD 🤷🏻‍♀️ But I agree she definitely didn’t come across as likeable.

I was always under the impression she knew he’d murdered them when she got back from Grimsby… 🤷🏻‍♀️

Finished this last night , I do honestly think she knew he had killed them . I don’t think the truth will ever come out about their deaths , I certainly don’t think it was a accidentally drowning over a nose bleed .
I often wonder how much evidence they had managed to get clean in the house, and if he had been a suspect from the get go or she had told the police if actually the girls cause of death would have been easier to establish. And their being more dna evidence tying him to it not just the pollen etc .
However she knew , and she would have covered for him till the cows came home .

apparently the Ian Huntley wanting to be female was a load of B.S just something the lovely sun made up . It’s since been disproven he wants to switch genders & the sun admitted it was a fake story.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Finished it last night and thought that it attempted to portray Maxine as another victim of Huntley more than anything.

Reactions: 5
I just don’t know what the point was making this mini drama?
I just can’t help but think the poor parents knowing we are all watching it and talking about it and it’s about there little girls I just felt uneasy watching it but the same time hooked
I just think it was pointless to make it

Reactions: 6
So I didn’t really want to watch it but my fella has been watching it… I was 7 when it happened but I still remember the photo of them in their united shirts.
what really gets to me is all the memories it’ll bring back for their parents
and also that Maxine got away with a new identity and a new life. When she definitely knew what happened. How could she not