Masterchef Australia

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tom really misjudged that challenge, to have your dessert considered you need to make it through the first two rounds!

Of the rest please to see Maja have a second go. She was a middle of the pack runner, before being eliminated as the worst performer from the losers of a team challenge (Jock's salted caramel tart, that looked exactly like the duck tart)
Yeah such a shame about Tom.

Top ten now!

My favourites are Linda, Kishwa, Pete

I also like Sabina, Depinda,Tommy, Justin

I hope the next to go are the very smug Minoli and Elise, or Scott (nice guy but can't believe he's still there!)

Top ten now!

My favourites are Linda, Kishwa, Pete

I also like Sabina, Depinda,Tommy, Justin

I hope the next to go are the very smug Minoli and Elise, or Scott (nice guy but can't believe he's still there!)
Yes! Totally agree. My favourites are Tommy and Sabina.
For ages I was thinking Depinder was going to win but not so sure now.

I'll probably be behind as well. The first episode is 2 hours long.
They’re always so long 😂 I didn’t want to watch it last night as knew Love Island final was gonna be longish! Figure watching a day or so behind works because they don’t show it on Saturdays here

I love Masterchef Australia, the format is so much better than the UK one and I love all the different types of contestants they have, young and old from so many different cultural heritages covering many cuisines /cuisine fusions. I learn a lot from watching.

I've just finsihed watching Junior Masterchef Australia, the 2020 season has just been on in the UK on "W" channel. (TIP - much better to watch on catch-up on UK TV Play as fewer ads). All contestants were so talented, most produced dishes worthy of adults, I think they are only 8 to 13 years old! My favourite won but they were all such good sports, very supportive of each other and not at all bratty.

Reactions: 2
Yes! A MC AU thread!

i have watched nearly all the mc series over the years - i am currently on series 14 ( episode 4). I am liking the faves vs fans concept and really chuffed to see some of my faves from previous series again ( except sashi who pisses me off no end). He just comes across as a bit arrogant i

I like Jock and Mel but I’m not sure I would have chosen Andy as the third judge ( even though I like him ). I also like the changes they have brought in since Gary, George and Matt left.

I also prefer the Australia format - I feel like you really get to know the contestants and watch them go strength to strength over the series. I like to see the different challenges they take part in . To me o feel like they get a more varied experience of the industry ( ie by getting them to cook a service challenge, or by cooking at public events).
Although this doesn’t seem to have happened so much since Jock, Mel and Andy took over . This could also easily be related to Covid as well as they couldn’t do these sorts of challenges at the time when it was in its peak).

I also prefer that the contestants are more varied and from other countries. I have also learned a lot of about native Aussie ingredients which is great.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Is anyone watching the new MasterChef Dessert Masters?

MasterChef Australia is my favourite programme ever but felt the last series was really subpar! Still feel really sad about Jock.

Is anyone watching the new MasterChef Dessert Masters?

MasterChef Australia is my favourite programme ever but felt the last series was really subpar! Still feel really sad about Jock.
Yeah it wasn’t as good. I missed the Jock and Andy cook off and there didn’t seem to be any masterclasses.

I don’t t know about anyone else but I find the masterclass sessions rather boring.

I am really enjoying series 14. Love seeing some of my favourites from previous series. I think I know who will win this series

Dan - he has really come on since the beginning of the series

I’d really love to see Billie, Mindy or Julie win . I know Billie and Julie have both won their series but I’d count them as being a favourite contestant of mine. Mindy is under the radar a lot of the time but she is consistent . I also felt that some of the negative comments about her and Kylie from S4 were uncalled for. This series she has been nothing but supportive of all the other contestants and is the first to congratulate winners.

Does anyone know what season of Masterchef Australia is being shown now on W channel in the UK? It seems like an older season than the last one they showed.

Does anyone know what season of Masterchef Australia is being shown now on W channel in the UK? It seems like an older season than the last one they showed.
I am watching series 15 ( which was from 2023). I am not sure if the new series is being filmed yet🤔