Mary Skinner

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please explain the Carolyn drama? I only saw the most recent Tik Tok and now it’s all been deleted.
A woman called Carolyn made a tiktok showing a screenshot of Mary's page. The caption said "When the woman who fat-shamed you in college now makes body positive content." Mary reached out to Carolyn privately via Instagram dm and asked her what she was referring 2, bc she + Carolyn had never spoken in college and never crossed paths. Carolyn refused to respond and instead made another tiktok talking about Mary. Mary then made a tiktok of her own, explaining that she'd asked Carolyn this question but had no response. Eventually after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing (and Carolyn receiving a lot of backlash), they finally spoke privately. It turned out Mary had made a comment to one of her friends about weight (not about Carolyn), and Carolyn had overheard it and took it personally (perhaps she believed Mary was referring to her? Idk). The drama then got put to bed, but only bc of this new drama re Mary's tweets from 2020. They made an agreement 2 both delete their original videos

Reactions: 2
I think up until the drama that has kicked off this week, she's pretty harmless, and I enjoy the majority of her videos. Re turning off comments - she said she was happy to have a critical discussion with people about her behaviour, but the reason she turned them off was because she was being told to kill herself. Which i think is pretty understandable. I am disappointed in her for the rugby tweets and she should have known better. Having said that, her apology seems sincere.

One thing that does confuse me is her dress size. She says she's a US 8-10. In UK sizing, that's a 12-14. Idk about anyone else but i think she looks tiny compared to a 12-14, but i guess ppl carry it differently and I think she's tall. But a UK size 14 is still a hell of a stretch!
Saying comments are off due to trolls and death threats is a common get out clause for many. I read the comments about this issue on other posts and there was not one death threat. The thing is, she's sanctimonious as duck but perhaps it's better to be herself - privileged, rich girl who flaunts her tits and body to get brand deals. Nothing wrong with that, but she pretend she's a hard done by, lowly ex writer struggling to find clothes that fit. Also the body pos movement has been literally hijacked by young white girls with perfect bodies like Mary. It's abhorrent.

the recent drama she's in is... disappointing but im honestly not super shocked over it.. she's always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason i couldn't put my finger on. but now i think i know she's just a pick me girl who likes to pretend that she's sooooo insecure and has had the hardest life. the only content i appreciate from her and i feel offers any real value is her MH content. but that's easy to come by from much more relatable and genuine people online. ugh.

Reactions: 5
I used to love mary’s content when she was posting less ads and engagement stuff… something that has always bothered me was how she has said she lives in VA, but still claims to be “from DC” and makes DC her whole brand. It genuinely bothers me that she claims DC only when it is convenient for her publicly, but doesn’t actually live in the district and doesn’t actually deal with the lack of voting rights, ridiculous housing crisis, etc. It’s incredibly ironic given how progressive she acts- you’d think she would think more before lying about DC. For the record - I live in the district itself, not the suburbs like her

Also - can’t believe how upset she got when her sister got engaged?! Makes me nervous for her engagement/marriage. I was shocked she got engaged only a year and a half in and barely living together.

Her content is bizarre, complete bandwagon jumping. I'm body positive! No I'm not body pos because I've got thin privilege! I'm bipolar. No, I'm high functioning. Now I'm neurodivergent and so trendy and complex. I'm a model. I'm a makeup fashionista. I'm an average Joe. I'm a content creator, but not your average creator. I'm obsessed with my fiance, but totally independent of him. I'm a DC city lover. No, now I'm a rich country vegan. Hippie. Truth is she's absolutely desperate to be popular and famous and will sell out every part of her life for cash. Changing the narrative as she goes.

Reactions: 3
I used to love mary’s content when she was posting less ads and engagement stuff… something that has always bothered me was how she has said she lives in VA, but still claims to be “from DC” and makes DC her whole brand. It genuinely bothers me that she claims DC only when it is convenient for her publicly, but doesn’t actually live in the district and doesn’t actually deal with the lack of voting rights, ridiculous housing crisis, etc. It’s incredibly ironic given how progressive she acts- you’d think she would think more before lying about DC. For the record - I live in the district itself, not the suburbs like her

Also - can’t believe how upset she got when her sister got engaged?! Makes me nervous for her engagement/marriage. I was shocked she got engaged only a year and a half in and barely living together.
Where can I see her reaction to her sister getting engaged? I saw someone mentioning that before but I couldn't find anything

Where can I see her reaction to her sister getting engaged? I saw someone mentioning that before but I couldn't find anything
I went through her other tiktok to fine it (notmaryskinner) and she deleted it I think. I mean she shouldn’t have posted it in the first place, it was whingy and pathetic.

Also her dads a vet so now we know for sure she comes from money 😂

Reactions: 1
I went through her other tiktok to fine it (notmaryskinner) and she deleted it I think. I mean she shouldn’t have posted it in the first place, it was whingy and pathetic.

Also her dads a vet so now we know for sure she comes from money 😂
Was she actually upset? Was it because they're engaged at the same time? That's wild

I used to love her content, I always thought she came across so normal. Dunno what it is now but something about her irritates me, she seems so smug lol

Was she actually upset? Was it because they're engaged at the same time? That's wild

I used to love her content, I always thought she came across so normal. Dunno what it is now but something about her irritates me, she seems so smug lol
Yup she filmed herself crying lol it was soo dramatic. It was because her baby sister (her words) got engaged first. Reeks of jealousy. She then consoled herself by saying she and Matt had a plan etc but like SERIOUSLY recording that on Tiktok? What did she hope to achieve other than pressuring Matt to propose faster?

She knew they would get engaged before they went to see his family so idk what the tears were for.

She’s gone a bit smug since maybe the end of the summer last year? I cant exactly pinpoint it or why but just her vibes are off

Her vibes went off when she quit her job honestly. She thinks that since she’s got a following now and money, she’s hot tit and has made it, but let’s be real, she’s had zero growth since she quit her job.

I think the low point was when she 'styled' her bookcase for content and the first 2 shelves were just her empty designer bags on display. What a braggy, vulgar idiot. Then there was the awful post boasting about keeping her tampon in for over 8 hours without any regard for the seriousness of doing that. She's not very bright and has nowhere to go now she's done tits, ass, mental health, religion, body pos etc etc. There really isn't a bandwagon she hasn't fucked with. For someone in an extremely privileged position and wealthy background her moaning and complaining was also off-putting.

Do you guys think she collabed for her wedding dress/is hoping for some kind of discount?

Do you guys think she collabed for her wedding dress/is hoping for some kind of discount?
The stories and TikTok she made about the dresses she didn’t end up buying mentioning the boutiques name a couple of times definitely looked like an ad..

Guys I cannot believe she went on a trip with The Knot for wedding planning and didn’t even bring Matt. I get he had to work but why go take someone else’s spot when she just brought a friend who literally looks miserable in every video Mary has posted

happy to see this thread because I’ve felt so alone in my annoyance for too long

i Don’t know what made me stop liking her videos but I can’t stomach them anymore but also I continue to hate watch lmao. Idk it feels like she’s a sell out? Like she gained traction because she was genuine and seemingly sincere but now everything she does is to manipulate her audience into buying things. So frustrating!

Reactions: 1
Guys I cannot believe she went on a trip with The Knot for wedding planning and didn’t even bring Matt. I get he had to work but why go take someone else’s spot when she just brought a friend who literally looks miserable in every video Mary has posted
Unless she literally had some contractual agreement I can’t understand why she went, she must have really wanted to go on a PR trip

I did some snooping and think I found her sisters insta.. looks like she got married early December, did Mary not go??

Whats her name?
I dont think she did because she never mentioned it.
Not sure if I can say on here, don’t know if Mary has said her name before? But her first name rhymes with banana and starts with a H- if you type that in to who Mary follows she’ll come up- her married surname begins with an E and is kinda like immuniser

Not sure if I can say on here, don’t know if Mary has said her name before? But her first name rhymes with banana and starts with a H- if you type that in to who Mary follows she’ll come up- her married surname begins with an E and is kinda like immuniser
Thanks! She looks so different to Mary, I’d have never guessed they were related.
I wonder why Mary didn’t go? I hope its not some weird jealous reason because it looked like she had a few people at the wedding i.e. not just a simple court house thing/eloped

Thanks! She looks so different to Mary, I’d have never guessed they were related.
I wonder why Mary didn’t go? I hope its not some weird jealous reason because it looked like she had a few people at the wedding i.e. not just a simple court house thing/eloped
I had a reaaaally big snoop. H is pregnant and I think they got married extremely soon after starting dating because H stated in October that she wasn’t pregnant when they announced the wedding so maybe the December wedding was too short notice for Mary? I’d drop everything if my sibling was getting married though. I bet jealousy played a part in how quickly they were engaged and her non-attendance maybe. Who knows 🤔

Last edited: