Martha - Marthashappilyeverafter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up on this afternoons events. And this is why I LOVE Tattle.
Me too. I'm ashamed to say I felt like tit when she posted about the new house as my home situation at the minute is something I'm sensitive about. I'm disappointed in myself for letting myself get sucked into the same old instagram shite which is just not reality ni matter how much they pretend it is with their pics of their babies, dogs, posts about blood tests and ponies etc. This has been a real eye opener for me about the realities of what is real on insta, which is nothing 🤣

Reactions: 8
I wonder if the husband will be back on insta with another foul rant... I hope so I missed the first one 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I haven’t followed him, I keep meaning to follow the sister actually. Has his account disappeared now?

Reactions: 3
And a valid response to Martha’s mean girl answer. Martha and other influencers do have to take responsibility for this. And whilst she’s not throwing KLARNA at us like some others, there does need to be more accountability from those that sell a lifestyle.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
She’s hoping that this will blow over, especially as it’s all being posted on an “giveaway” post - it’s a little embarrassing for her to say the least. The poster is so amazingly eloquent Martha will need some help replying to her so she doesn’t sound like she is throwing her toys out again.

And a valid response to Martha’s mean girl answer. Martha and other influencers do have to take responsibility for this. And whilst she’s not throwing KLARNA at us like some others, there does need to be more accountability from those that sell a lifestyle.
No but isn’t Very - mostly buy now pay later? Or open up a credit account with them?

She’s hoping that this will blow over, especially as it’s all being posted on an “giveaway” post - it’s a little embarrassing for her to say the least. The poster is so amazingly eloquent Martha will need some help replying to her so she doesn’t sound like she is throwing her toys out again.
Do you think Josh is telling her what to say?! 😂

Reactions: 2
Ah I’m disappointed in her, her reply was fairly rude and ‘mean girl’ 😕 Maybe she’s not as nice as she seems...!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No but isn’t Very - mostly buy now pay later? Or open up a credit account with them?
‘Very’ true. I had forgotten as I haven’t had a catalogue since I racked up a load of debt with Freeman’s when I was at uni in the 90s.

• Sad
Renting a house hasn't made me lose respect for Martha, her petty little "sorry us renting a house has upset you" dig has.

Context is really bleeping pivotal on instagram. I think influencers have a moral duty to be honest regarding the content they share. If you're going to show every nook and cranny of your new home, then share that you don't own it. Be honest that you won't be renovating it because it isn't yours. Don't hide it in comments that can be deleted, put it in the caption. If you don't want to disclose the status of your property don't share every little detail about it.

Also, keep your toys in the pram when some one points at that your content with no context has a detrimental effect on people's mental health.

Lastly, tagging F&B on a photo where the paint that was not provided by them is the unscrupulous cherry on the dishonest cake.

What an absolute clown.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
And just think, Martha, this thread would have stopped pages ago had this just been addressed on the photo with the children on the front door step. Number 11 and all.

Reactions: 4
I think if comments calling her out continue she might have to go down the management route. She’s not able to eloquently express herself.

• Haha
She is completely missing the point again with this response, is she so far removed from reality this is the best she can come up with. It’s not about a post making you feel anxious and/or stressed - it’s the natural comparisons people make and the fact she is being less than transparent. She acts like a spoilt child when confronted, these comments are showing that she has zero tact or empathy for her followers, basically the people that have given her a platform.

Reactions: 9
This whole thing has really pissed me off, esp after she came on here and told us what we could and couldn’t discuss so she could try and silence it. She didn’t give a tit about her kids privacy, she only cared her rental was about to be uncovered! Portraying the image of buying this massive luxury home, compared to the reality of renting on the cheap from a friend whilst no doubt saving all of the money she is making off her sheep with all this fakery. If previous posts are to be believed, and they are buying land to build on, she will look very silly indeed when it comes out. She has to be one of the worst out there; acting all beige while lying, plugging anything and everything she can, extremely aggressive husband telling everyone to duck off while she again tries to hide it and getting him to delete his entire account. Lies, lies and lies. Saying she can’t be responsible for what other people do while on the other hand selling her children’s lives to flog pointless crap to her viewers sums it all up really.

Reactions: 19
I’ve followed her for ages. She’s always been very natural. But with this house she’s become very smug.... her response handling to this has changed my outlook on her.

The kitchen has wooden units. Don’t tell me that’s her style, and if she owned it she wouldn’t change it?!?!

Someone asked her if it was her forever home. She said ideally they would like to build. This move has to be a stepping stone to their forever home - a rental to release equity for them to build their forever home..... and for them to stay in the village for the kids schooling at this time... reading between the lines that’s my guess. And that’s absolutely fine. But why not just say that?!?

An unfollow from me

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.