Mare of Easttown - HBO

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve really enjoyed this thread over the past few weeks... thanks all!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As a mother to a 14 year old boy, the bit about her wanting to protect him really got me. It's been a fantastic series.
Same - 13-year-old son here.
I mean, he clearly made a mistake and regretted it, but what a poor messed up kid due to his father (Ryan, not my son 😂)

• Haha
I’d love to see Mare again but would there be the depth that we saw in this series?

It wasn’t just a whodunnit, it was Mother and Son relationships, Mare’s held in grief and a totally messed up family.
Totally a series about mothers and sons, and the ramifications of mistakes and grief and death.
I told my husband I was going to watch it all again and he said ‘of course you are’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When she opened the loft at the end. Literally was heartbroken. I sobbed watching it yesterday. Such a great show.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hear, hear! A bit like the series last night, I’m a bit sad this thread has come to an end! 🥺
We will have to find a new show! It's funny, I usually stick to the 'Gurus' part of the forums, and I've 'met' a whole lot of people in this thread that I've never 'met' before. Maybe we'll meet again on another thread....or maybe Mare Season 2 - if it happens!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We will have to find a new show! It's funny, I usually stick to the 'Gurus' part of the forums, and I've 'met' a whole lot of people in this thread that I've never 'met' before. Maybe we'll meet again on another thread....or maybe Mare Season 2 - if it happens!
I'm so glad I started this thread, as I thought I was the only one watching it 😅 Great to hear everyone's ideas and theories.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I usually hang out on the Jack Monroe thread, but have found this fictional detective drama much more satisfying to discuss than her real-life drama 😂

Let’s make a petition for season 2!
Mare moves on and makes changes, yet her past still follows her around like a cloak.

Mare of Westtown, coming this autumn 😂

I'm late to this thread for fear of spoilers (I can't pass rhem even when hidden 🤣)
I would like to know what everyone is going to watch next so I can follow that thread now Mare is over 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I usually hang out on the Jack Monroe thread, but have found this fictional detective drama much more satisfying to discuss than her real-life drama 😂

Let’s make a petition for season 2!
Mare moves on and makes changes, yet her past still follows her around like a cloak.

Mare of Westtown, coming this autumn 😂
I left the JM thread , it’s so fast moving when I’m working I can’t keep up and her level of grifting and self pity actually made me feel proper angry. She’s still a massive jar rattling ‘woe is me’ arse?

I’ve just watched the first 4 episodes with my Husband who thinks it’s Richard or the Deacon , I’m being a smug twit saying ‘oh just watch it will ya!’

Katie Bailey in the cell has just thrown a spanner in his thinking 😁.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I left the JM thread , it’s so fast moving when I’m working I can’t keep up and her level of grifting and self pity actually made me feel proper angry. She’s still a massive jar rattling ‘woe is me’ arse?

I’ve just watched the first 4 episodes with my Husband who thinks it’s Richard or the Deacon , I’m being a smug twit saying ‘oh just watch it will ya!’

Katie Bailey in the cell has just thrown a spanner in his thinking 😁.
Yep don’t blame you ... I don’t seem to have the energy for her stuff these days 😂 I dip in and out.
She went quiet for a fair bit, dropped some breadcrumbs about possible rehab but came ‘back’ a couple of days ago.
😂
Love how he thinks it’s Richard. It’s the Guy Pearce effect!

I was thinking the other day I might watch True Detective again ...
I pick up on so many things each time I re-watch it. My issue is looking at my laptop/phone when TV shows are on, when I should be giving it my full attention.

Is there are thread for good detective/murder TV shows?

I've just binged Unforgotten and really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree with what everyone’s saying with DJ, think he would have been better off with Dylan’s parents. He would have actually had a bond with them and no idea who Lori was.

Also after the last episode finished I got sad about Colin all over again haha.

Reactions: 10
Agree with what everyone’s saying with DJ, think he would have been better off with Dylan’s parents. He would have actually had a bond with them and no idea who Lori was.

Also after the last episode finished I got sad about Colin all over again haha.
Yeah. It’s haunting me that he has been left with the mother of the boy who murdered his mother. It’s not right.

Brilliant, really enjoyed the entire series. Thought the acting across the board was really good. I’m sure good writers could come up with another series 🤞

I had actually suspected Lores husband all along (dirty ticket), didn’t see the twist coming.

I was really baffled that Lori got to keep DJ when Dylan’s parents had obviously cared for him all of this time. It didn’t seem right.

Reactions: 4
I was really baffled that Lori got to keep DJ when Dylan’s parents had obviously cared for him all of this time. It didn’t seem right.
Dylan’s parents were still clearly upset in the final church scene 😕

Dylan’s story doesn’t ring true. The scenes where he is in the car with his friend chasing Erin’s friend and then he drags her from under a the car she is hiding underneath are terrifying. What secret was he trying to protect?

Reactions: 5
Dylan’s story doesn’t ring true. The scenes where he is in the car with his friend chasing Erin’s friend and then he drags her from under a the car she is hiding underneath are terrifying. What secret was he trying to protect?
Yeah the “the three of us are in this together, for life” thing (about Dylan, Jess, and that third dude that only ever lingered in the background) seemed a bit much of it was only about the fact that they burned Erin’s journals.

Reactions: 3